Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scratches cover up

• 04-01-2013 11:50pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I'm on a minor roll with dealing with pissy things on the OHs car.

He's got two scratches on his drivers door, not deep enough that you feel a ridge if you run a fingernail through them, and being lazy, I'm wondering if there is anything we can use to even temporarily fill them in, then wax etc once a month if that makes any sense?

It's an old enough car, and not really worth spending the couple of hundred it would cost to have them fixed professionally.

Was in Halfords today and saw scratch filler in kits etc, but looking for info on what might be best to use to do this, knowing that it will have to be repeated?

Or should we just bite the bullet and get it fixed properly?

Scratches are both about 6-8 inches long and very narrow, maybe 1/4 inch at most.

Thanks all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Pics would really help :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Pics would really help :)

Will do tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

Quarter of an inch is a lot for a width of a scratch. Find it difficult to compound it out

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm probably overestimating, wait for the pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jesus this is the worst thread ever! Give us pics will ya!??

• Advertisement

Jesus this is the worst thread ever! Give us pics will ya!??

Will ya wait until the morning till the light is good?

what a way to encourage someone to get into detailing!

I was thinking of making the Oh's car into the nicest C5 of it's year and I get all this ****?

Joke lads, joke

Thanks for the suggestions, will take pics tomorrow they are not that bad, and I reckon there is a middle way with them, and I know he'd be chuffed to bits if they were fixed.

Advertisement