Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugot 207 dip lights

• 02-01-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2006 peugot 207 and the both my dip lights appear to have blown at the same time??
    A friend of mine took out the bulbs to take a look and they have both blown,
    i was just wondering is this a common thing in these cars or at all, or is it just a simple case of bulbs being blown!!?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

No more so than any other car really. May be worth checking voltage readings at the connectors with engine running and circuit switched on just to check there isn't a problem there. Check the fuse if the bulbs both failed at exactly the same time and the condition of the earthing point for the headlight circuit for corrosion.
    Word of warning, do not handle the lens part of the replacement bulbs with bare fingers (r at all if possible). The oils on our skin stain the glass and when it gets hot can cause hot spots and cause premature bulb failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ellie_Sm

Thanks!!
    Replaced the bulbs yesterday, one on my own which i am secretly proud of! I've looked around other forums etc and it seems to be a common failure with peugot cars, although not so much that both go at the same time.
    All seems to be working okay now but will check out the voltage reading like you said. Checked the fuse and all fine in that department.

Thanks again!

Advertisement