Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Corolla tsport, what think yee?!?!

Seem cheap enough, 190bhp, and grand insurance wise? What's the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It's a Corolla? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Those are 190hp on paper, but very slow in real life. They can't even chase type R civics and integras.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Those are 190hp on paper, but very slow in real life. They can't even chase type R civics and integras.

Wasn't expecting that kind of performance at all really. The benefit of that fact is that they're a lot easier to insure. I'm coming from a 75bhp Polo, i'm sure anything would be a nice change at this stage!

Wasn't expecting that kind of performance at all really. The benefit of that fact is that they're a lot easier to insure. I'm coming from a 75bhp Polo, i'm sure anything would be a nice change at this stage!

Ah well fair play m8. As long as you know that, then it's grand. How restricted are you for your new car? Age and ncb?

Sorry if I am late lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

I'd sooner have one of these myself (if I got it cheep cheep). This one has been for sale forever.
    Cats are expensive and hard to find as some other poster here found out!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1927138

Ah well fair play m8. As long as you know that, then it's grand. How restricted are you for your new car? Age and ncb?

Sorry if I am late lol

23, 1.5 years NCB...so yeah, not the best of circumstances to be looking for something with a bit of go!

I've just been looking at them a lot recently, not in a position to buy, just thought i'd throw it out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Colms find, from bangernomics
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2747183

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

You have a 1.6 Polo?

23, 1.5 years NCB...so yeah, not the best of circumstances to be looking for something with a bit of go!

I've just been looking at them a lot recently, not in a position to buy, just thought i'd throw it out there!

I got clk200 when I was 22 with 1 ncb for 1200eu per year.

23 with 2 ncb mx5 1.8 1400eu I think.

It's worth to wait a bit ;)

• Advertisement

barura wrote: »
    You have a 1.6 Polo?

2003, 1.4 9n automatic.

145641.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Marlow wrote: »
    1978 VW Scirocco GT - LHD, next years project, currently in bits, going to get a modern engine, bucket seats and a rollcage.
    1999 VW Caravelle TDI - nearly converted to campervan and currently getting the syncro drivetrain fitted and engine remapped.

Didn't know you had a '78 Scirocco, lovely car.

Seen the Velle over in Urban last night, what's left to be done?

Eh is this just a general chat thread?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

@Alan If you're selling it next spring, give me a shout, I'll need something auto for the lady to learn on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Just saw some scumbag side swap a parked car.

Didn't get the reg plate but did do the decent thing. Looked pissed though as there was much wobbling involved before and after. Stupid KUNT

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Mods. any chance we can call this the not giving out about motor tax thread. It's getting depressing out there! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I got clk200 when I was 22 with 1 ncb for 1200eu per year.

23 with 2 ncb mx5 1.8 1400eu I think.

It's worth to wait a bit ;)

Cough cough HAIRDRESSER!! cough cough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Jemmy wrote: »
    Didn't know you had a '78 Scirocco, lovely car.

It's the "newest" arrival and not yet drivable.
    Jemmy wrote: »
    Seen the Velle over in Urban last night, what's left to be done?

Urban is replacing clutch, gearbox, intercooler, injectors and remapping it currently.

Still a lot to do on the interior. For the camper conversion, all I'm missing is to fit the cooker though. Also still have some plans for the exterior, but that's nearly done.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Urban is replacing clutch, gearbox, intercooler, injectors and remapping it currently.

/M

Sound lads in there...What sort of money does it cost to get work done in there if you don't mind me asking (no how long is a piece of string answers :P)

Sound lads in there...What sort of money does it cost to get work done in there if you don't mind me asking (no how long is a piece of string answers :P)

50 + vat/hour, which is a fairly normal rate. I supplied most of the parts, but they are very competitive on that side, too.

With the work I'm getting done, it's very limited, what garages would have taken the job on, as I'm converting from FWD to Syncro and doing a power upgrade.

/M

50 + vat/hour, which is a fairly normal rate. I supplied most of the parts, but they are very competitive on that side, too.

With the work I'm getting done, it's very limited, what garages would have taken the job on, as I'm converting from FWD to Syncro and doing a power upgrade.

/M

Ah cool, yeah thats within the norm :)..just wondering incase I needed any emergency TLC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ah cool, yeah thats within the norm :)..just wondering incase I needed any emergency TLC!

You might have to ask Gary ITR about that separately, I'm not sure if his personal going rate is 50/hr :pac:

You might have to ask Gary ITR about that separately, I'm not sure if his personal going rate is 50/hr :pac:

Speaking from experience are you...eh :P ....I thought that was you holding up traffic kerb crawling through Phoenix Park :pac:

In general, I would always price any job individually, but I found that most indy's around Dublin are around that rate depending on the job. At least the ones worth using.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

anyone ever driven a corsa vxr? seem to be as quick as the astra but without the hideous power delivery

anyone ever driven a corsa vxr? seem to be as quick as the astra but without the hideous power delivery

You know, that Corsa OPC and VXR are the same thing. Corsa VXR is just the Vauxhall version.

/M

yes i do! i variate the names :D
    if i can find one in budget next year its mine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I think one of the posters here has one. I remember drooling at one stage. Longshark or something like that.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Kev_longshank or whatever he's changed it to these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Kev_longshank or whatever he's changed it to these days

Close enough :D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

thanks lads hopefully he'll find this! some are going for around 10k which to me seems ridiculous!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement