Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Hi there,

I was on the old server way back in the day, any chance I could be whitelisted on this one please? Username is Gotfoodforphil

Thanks!

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Laviski

can i get added to plz?

username:
    laviski

Laviski wrote: »
    can i get added to plz?

username:
    laviski

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

deconduo wrote: »
    Added :)

Thanks. Had some issues when i logged on earlier gonna try and sort them out now and see whats up

So yea could be my connection with a storm but i was getting mad lag issues. Got killed by a zombie that wasn't there and heard an explosion but took no damage and saw none.

I was the only on the server so i think i may have caused creeper damage but can't find it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Benny_Byrne

Could I be temp banned for 2 weeks? Got end of year tests starting monday :eek: so I cant loose any more time to this game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Could I be temp banned for 2 weeks? Got end of year tests starting monday :eek: so I cant loose any more time to this game :(
    Sure, it's "Benny_B" right?

Sure, it's "Benny_B" right?

Yep thats me

Yep thats me
    Done. Let me know when you want to get back on.

Yep thats me
    Done. Let me know when you want to get back on.

Thanks, your helping me pass bland ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Thanks, your helping me pass bland ;)

BENNY! COME ONLINE RIGHT NOW! IT'S AWESOME AND YOU'RE MISSING OUT! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Cherry's house has been destroyed... dec or bland, can you check the logs? /sw doesn't work.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Cherry's house has been destroyed... dec or bland, can you check the logs? /sw doesn't work.
    About what time did you first see this? Any idea when it happened?

About what time did you first see this? Any idea when it happened?

Just before I posted my initial comment. About 18:20. It looks the same as what happened to my house. Blocks missing. Almost looks like fire damage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yay >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Yay >.>

Maybe this might get you to come and visit a bit more? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Good thing nobody can even FIND my house to do nasty **** to it...... excitede.png

So yea could be my connection with a storm but i was getting mad lag issues. Got killed by a zombie that wasn't there and heard an explosion but took no damage and saw none.

I was the only on the server so i think i may have caused creeper damage but can't find it
    Turns out my net speed has just decided to go to dial up so its not a bug. Just happened exactly as i logged in mad coincidence. Should get on this during the week. Any rules about where you can/Can't Build?

Botulism wrote: »
    Good thing nobody can even FIND my house to do nasty **** to it...... excitede.png

Ohh I know! :P

How have you been buddy? Long time no see.

Botulism wrote: »

Ohh I know! :P

How have you been buddy? Long time no see.

I'm grand, thanks for asking!

• Advertisement

Any rules about where you can/Can't Build?

Build where you want. Just be sure to follow the rules set in the first slide. Mainly the don't be a dick rule. If you build in the village, then make sure that you do so while taking notice of what lies around your plot. Don't build too close to another user or cut off pathways etc.
    Outside of the city walls you can build what ever you like.

Just be considerate to other users.

nimrod86 wrote: »
    I'm grand, thanks for asking!

I see you enough as it is! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Mainly the don't be a dick rule. Don't build too
    close to another user or cut off pathways etc.
    Just be considerate to other users.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

Can i join the fun?

Rochiegreens

Can i join the fun?

Rochiegreens

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

deconduo wrote: »

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭j0ey2069

Add me too please... j0ey2069.

j0ey2069 wrote: »
    Add me too please... j0ey2069.

added. Enjoy :)

Just wondering but maybe could we have a poll or begin to discuss starting a clean map again? I for one would be in favour of it! :D

But I think we should stop the run and build a house on top of your neighbours sorta thing that's happened the last few maps!

I think we should do it like the second map;
    1. Build an outpost and gather supplies, no permanent houses.
    2. Spend awhile to search for a good spot for the town and have a vote on it.
    3. Use screen shots and the like to make up basic plans for the town, lay out the roads and community stuff (This will give people with specific jobs a chance to actually do them well!)
    4. Lay out nicely sized plots of land and space them nicely so people aren't on top of each other.

Also, maybe try and come up with a kind of building code/theme for the main town? Like middle ages town with a big wall or something

But the code would have to be stuck to! No point having a great town wall and loads of themed houses if one person goes and builds a big pink wool block of a house... so it would have to be voted on first!

I think all this might help to stop people getting bored cause it sort of stretches out the building of the town, cause the last one was finished in a few days, this way people will spend ages at it, it will be easy to navagate, and people will be more involved with it since the community stuff will be done first! for example, the town wall would be made before anything for a middle ages town.

Just an idea anyway...

nim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Pointless trying to lay out a plan for a new map...it all goes to sh1t and people build everywhere and do whatever they want anyway. Towns just don't work in Minecraft imo, limited resources necessitate people having mines outside so eventually people leave the town and it becomes dead anyway..and on that point....

I've never been one for building in the server town, prefer to be out on my own but everytime I've done it..on every server...I look out the window one day and someone has built right next to me...right in front of my door..I've cleared the land, made a nice view, planted some trees and someone comes along 'nice spot..I'll build a cobble box house' then never comes back to it..I mean ffs:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement