Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turning a blind eye

Options
  • 12-10-2014 12:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9

A thread ''Is this a uniquely irish mentality?'' talking about people coming on here looking for ways to try and get out of playing for things etc on the Consumer Issues was locked today. Why? Im not quite sure really, nothing in the thread was a lie and most was totally ture yet mod dudara locked it.

Another thread about a dept collection agent when the OP give no info of any sort just that they ''while as I refuse to pay them as from day one I was been overcharged'' dony say a word about how or why they are, yet when they're told the truth once again dudara swoops in to defend the OP, saying '' Let's refrain from making judgement calls about the OP without knowing all the facts'' If thats the case why was the thread allowed to be opened in the first place?

Why i say they're turning a blind eye is this. A thread talking about the very thing that happens in plenty of threads is closed while one where it is happening isnt. They then say ''I don't want any high-horsing in here.'' when they are the only ones getting on their high horse. Iv been reading for a while but just stated to post and have noticed this a lot with the mod in question, happy to turn a blind eye to threads about people looking to get out of playing but will act straight away if someone questions this.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Interesting that a poster on the site a mere two days has such an attitude and knows where Feedback is.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

meh, does the guy have a point or not? I don't know, but I don't see what relevence his status on the site has, really

Probably has more relevance now that the status is - Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

username888 (or I also suspect lala88) - I know you have been banned, but I will reply in the chance that you are reading this as an unregistered poster.

If you are indeed lala88, I have repeatedly told you in the past that I do not "turn a blind eye" to posters who post in relation to debt. It is not my job to patrol all these. They can post, and anyone who has a contrary opinion is also free to post. All I ask is that people post in a "non-attacking" manner. So if you feel someone is seeking advice on how to avoid a debt, please post too. You have that right. Just don't cross the line into personal attacks.

If you do not understand this, after repeated warnings, then there is little more that I can say to you.

Advertisement