Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BHAA 2012

• 31-12-2011 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

First Test at Tymon Park 07/01/12

Happy new year everyone,your first big challenge of the dozen awaits you in Tymon Park on Saturday 7th. 267 souls braved this cross country race in 2011 with Aoife Byrne, Donna Mahon & Mary Hanley leading the field in the two mile ladies section.Ronan Keane, Dave Byrne & Declan Fahey led home the men in the four mile race. Races start at noon & 12.30. We'd welcome any contributions or questions. :D

2012BHAA_Calendar_small.jpg

Last year's thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Looking forward to it. Will the online membership form be available again this week? (And are we allowed run on the paths? ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

RayCun wrote: »
    Looking forward to it. Will the online membership form be available again this week? (And are we allowed run on the paths? ;) )

There is a new get tough policy with path runners, a trained former army marksman with a pellet device has been retained for the duration of the cross country season to gently warn those straying onto solid ground that there are consequences for their actions! :) I'll get back to you on the first question soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Thanks AJ and Happy New Year to all the BHAA-ers! I'm looking forward to the first race of the year; I even took the new spikes out for a trial run this morning in preparation!

runrabbit wrote: »
    Thanks AJ and Happy New Year to all the BHAA-ers! I'm looking forward to the first race of the year; I even took the new spikes out for a trial run this morning in preparation!

Sharpen those spikes, PBs all over the place for you in 2012,I bet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

You can now renew or even sign up as a first timer here:
    http://bhaa.ie/members/app/membership/form

Its only €15 and after that all races are €10. Great value

IF you need further deatals of any races look at our main website http://bhaa.ie
    or mail us at info@bhaa.ie

• Advertisement

details of the first BHAA race of 2012, Im sure AJ will be looking up the weather for you later
    http://bhaa.ie/article.php?story=sdcc2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Delighted to see the Kclub 10k is on the 21st April. Gives me 3 weeks to recover after Conn. I never got the chance last year as it was on 6 days after Conn, it is supposed to be a real fast one and I have been planning on doing it for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Sprocket77

rdunne wrote: »

Can anyone cut and paste the calendar onto this thread, it opens as a blank attachment for me and when I go to the BHAA website it's blank on there too.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

You should be able to view it here --> http://pieathlete.blogspot.com/2012/01/bhaa-fixtures.html

I couldn't save it big enough to read but if you click on it will open full size.

• Advertisement

It may not feel like it now but on Saturday according to the Met.Office, it will be dry with temperatures of 10/11 degrees & nowhere near as windy as today (Tuesday). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Trying to renew online, but the security cert for runireland is not valid:(

gerard65 wrote: »

you can click past that... if you dare...

you can click past that... if you dare...
    Ye sure! I'll just put my bank details, pass codes, etc here instead -
    Here they are - *MOD NOTE-DETAILS DELETED*

(Mod Queueing outside bank first thing in the morning)

Just reading on the website that memberships run Feb - Feb. Does that mean if I sign up now I'll still have to pay €15 for South Dublin and Eircom races?

Just reading on the website that memberships run Feb - Feb. Does that mean if I sign up now I'll still have to pay €15 for South Dublin and Eircom races?

No, not at all , its till Feb 2013

Thanks, I've signed up and paid. Looking forward to Saturday now :D

Thats sorted now

What time is registration on saturday?

Anyone know what the ground is looking like? Ran there over the weekend and I was thinking of 12mm spikes - it was pretty boggy and the women will be running first - but maybe it has dried up this week?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the ground is looking like? Ran there over the weekend and I was thinking of 12mm spikes - it was pretty boggy and the women will be running first - but maybe it has dried up this week?
    Always a couple of very soft areas, 9mm or 12mm nibs will do the trick.
    Wish I could run, but this year I'll be a spectator:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Always a couple of very soft areas, 9mm or 12mm nibs will do the trick.
    Wish I could run, but this year I'll be a spectator:(

There is always next years XC season for both of us, XC isnt the friend of the calf\achiles injury :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

1st ever cross country tomorrow and I'm winging it in a pair of adidas kanadia. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Think I'm going to make it to this first race after all, looking forward to it. Going to go with 9mm spikes, does anyone know about travelling from Drogheda. From what I see I head up the M50, off at junction 11 and then it's the first exit off the first roundabout you hit, up Wellington lane to the GAA pitch for reg? Can anyone who knows the area confirm this?

pconn062 wrote: »
    Think I'm going to make it to this first race after all, looking forward to it. Going to go with 9mm spikes, does anyone know about travelling from Drogheda. From what I see I head up the M50, off at junction 11 and then it's the first exit off the first roundabout you hit, up Wellington lane to the GAA pitch for reg? Can anyone who knows the area confirm this?

Yep, spot on, see you there. Even if totally dry tomorrow, I'd expect the course to be mucky for the ladies & muckier for the men. I'll have 9mm spikes too. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Nialler73 wrote: »
    1st ever cross country tomorrow and I'm winging it in a pair of adidas kanadia. Fingers crossed!!

You will probably be fine for most of it, you will just need to be careful at any boggy patches as you could easily go over your ankle, I've seen it happen a few times. Enjoy your first cross country race, you'll love it! :)

Good race today, a big crowd out and well run.
    Congrats to the boardsie in the women's race who came in 6th (?).

Great morning for it, although it was freezing standing around watching, would have loved to run. Blown away by how easy the top guys and girls make it look, they seem to be floating across the ground.
    Well done to the girl in the Boards AC vest - great running.

My first race and really enjoyed it. I thought it was really well organised.
    I got lapped by 3-4 runners who came belting past me at some speed. Some slightly boggy areas on the course which slowed me down but I had a good run out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Well done to the Sth Co Co for another well run event. Despite not having the full use of the GAA club I think that their backup plan worked.

Advertisement