Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Do Meteor have an internet content filter? I.e. do they baby you and refuse access to any sites?

Three have this but you are able to call and get it taken off your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

jasper1422 wrote: »
    rang meteor there after a hour of waiting! and they said that 1gb data is not included in that 15 euro deal.

Is anyone on this deal yet?

You sure you took out the correct one? There is two, one for 15 with no Date and another with Data

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jasper1422

Rochey18 wrote: »
    rang meteor there after a hour of waiting! and they said that 1gb data is not included in that 15 euro deal.

You sure you took out the correct one? There is two, one for 15 with no Date and another with Data[/Quote

I seen that alright but I just said I'd ring to double check offer. She said the cheapest offer they have is 20 euro with 1gb data.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Isn't it an online deal only?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I think that deal is over now.

Cant find it only anymore. Managed to sign up my mother in time anyway :) She barely even uses 20 euro a month on calls so this will be handy for her :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

just got email off them saying they want a 50 euro deposit first :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I think that deal is over now.

Cant find it only anymore. Managed to sign up my mother in time anyway :) She barely even uses 20 euro a month on calls so this will be handy for her :)

Still available..

https://phones.meteor.ie/bp/choose_a_plan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Just signed up there now, deal is still going on.
    Great price, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

only for 12 months .. click on the ?

Online discount and free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts apply for 12 months

I assume it then reverts to 30 per month at end of 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

only for 12 months .. click on the ?

Online discount and free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts apply for 12 months

I assume it then reverts to 30 per month at end of 12 months

I asked the lad in the shop today about it ending in a year and he said it probably wont although he would say that, but your in control as its only a 30 day rolling contract..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

A deal with 3 is better than this.

top up by 20 (get 2 more for topping up online) and you get all of the below.

Unlimited free texts to any network
    Unlimited free calls to any network at weekends
    Unlimited 3 to 3 calls
    All you can eat data

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

im...LOST wrote: »

Unlimited 3 to 3 calls
    All you can eat data

except 3 suck a$$

seriously though i've no idea why people choose billpay these days, the pre pay offers always seem better, i've been on a meteor pre pay plan since august
    €20, free calls texts to meteor and unlimited data

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

im...LOST wrote: »

Unlimited 3 to 3 calls
    All you can eat data

But its 29 cent a minute for calling people that aren't on 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Kev. wrote: »
    That may be true, but if you top up online, you get an extra €12 on top of your €20. Free calls at weekends when most use their phone for calls is a great deal. I always have excess credit each month,, I've never run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

i've been on a meteor pre pay plan since august €20, free calls texts to meteor and unlimited data
    I was on that, but last month they said I had to top up €30. So I've turned data off on my smart phone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Its 25c a minute on meteor out of your minutes package

Im on this plan except its costing me €25 a month, its perfect for me, barely ever go anywhere near any limits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

bryaner wrote: »

Sorry... I don't see it. Can someone please advise?.

Is there a Meteor plan costing €20 a mth giving 200 mins and 200 texts and 1Gb data out there?.

Really?. Sounds like a v good deal.

EDIT: OK I see it now. Doh!!. I thought it was a form of pre-pay but it is bill pay mth to mth.

http://www.meteor.ie/bill-pay/#sim-only-plans

Ok this is how to get the deal.
    Go to shop, click bill pay phones, click free sim and there is the price plan.

Wow... when you click through below is actual deal (no brainer methinks).

Why choose Bill Pay Smart Lite €30?
    Bill Pay Smart Lite €30
    Minimum contract length 1 month
    Price per month €15.00
    Inclusive minutes 200
    Inclusive texts 200
    Inclusive data 1 GB
    Meteor to Meteor calls Free
    Meteor to Meteor texts Free

Calls to other networks and landlines 25c / min
    Texts to other networks 10c / text

Online discount and free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts apply for 12 months.

Anyone know are Meteor calls to eMobile numbers free also (and vice versa)?. I assume they are, it is the 1 network after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Trying to get through to them for 30 minutes now,listening to Snow Patrol...I dont know whats worse TBH

Seriously peed off....

Trying to get through to them for 30 minutes now,listening to Snow Patrol...I dont know whats worse TBH

Seriously peed off....

PM the lads on here... I gave up calling customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Seriously peed off....

Its the same song over and over too iirc. "Take back the city"

Woah-ah-woah-ah-Woaaahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Leslie91 wrote: »
    PM the lads on here... I gave up calling customer care.

There's Meteor reps on here? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

sorry am a bit confused -- if i have my own phone so I just want the sim and the €15 deal -- which package should I be choosing -- the e20 or the e25??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

sorry am a bit confused -- if i have my own phone so I just want the sim and the €15 deal -- which package should I be choosing -- the e20 or the e25??
    Leslie91 wrote: »
    Wow... when you click through below is actual deal (no brainer methinks).

Why choose Bill Pay Smart Lite €30?
    Bill Pay Smart Lite €30
    Minimum contract length 1 month
    Price per month €15.00
    Inclusive minutes 200
    Inclusive texts 200
    Inclusive data 1 GB
    Meteor to Meteor calls Free
    Meteor to Meteor texts Free

Calls to other networks and landlines 25c / min
    Texts to other networks 10c / text

Online discount and free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts apply for 12 months.

S.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Can you top up data on these in a simple way? How much per GB? I use about 2 a month.

This is a SIM ONLY deal.
    So you go to Bill pay phones and buy a sim and select €15 deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I am on Bill Pay Smart Lite €50 getting 400 mins 400 texts and 2GB of data. Its way too much for me.
    Do you think I can just call them and get this deal for the €15?

Sorry if this has been asked before:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 nearyj

Hey guys,

I signed up to the €15 deal 5 days ago and today received 2 sims in the post. One is pre-pay, the other bill pay which is what I requested. I am now trying to port my number. My problem is I can't get through to Meteor. Their customer service number (1890 808 585) promises improved service in the coming weeks, but after several long waits I gave up.

I then turned my attention to the option of filling in a contact form which the website says "goes straight to the inbox of our Customer Care team". Sounds good. The problem is when I fill in the form the button to "send query" never becomes an option. I've checked the details and each entry has a tick beside it which I assume means the information is acceptable.

Other contact options include their forum which has unanswered posts dating back 2 weeks, and a twitter feed.

So, has anyone in the last few days contacted Meteor to port over to them and how did you contact them? Will I have to drop in to one of their stores?

Advertisement