Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Rizzo was having a fantastic year last year but couldn't really get himself going when he was called up to the majors.

Can't access the site atm so my lineup isn't set for todays afternoon games !

Just found out I wasn't affected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I'm still open to trading Aramis Ramirez, would prefer a pitcher now though - hoping to balance my team a bit more (and have Wright & Headley at 3B)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Those Pesky Badgers are listening to offers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Would definitely be interested in Ryan Braun.
    Would be willing to part with Albert Pujols or Paul Konerko if you want to upgrade over LaRoche, if you're looking for someone in OF too Austin Jackson could be available.

Would also be interested in Allen Craig and Joel hanrahan.

Let me know if anything works with the Greek Gods of Walks.

Good luck,

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Wow, thats alot of talent on the block especially in the non-keeper league. What categories are you looking for?

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    Wow, thats alot of talent on the block especially in the non-keeper league. What categories are you looking for?

Updated stats needed.
    There are elite players in there, I want to see what 'players' people are willing to part with.

Updated stats needed.
    There are elite players in there, I want to see what 'players' people are willing to part with.

Probably can't help you with the pitching categories you want as have no SP's. RP's available though like Huston Street.

For Runs & SB's, Austin Jackson and Alexei Ramirez are available. Would part with one of them if you wanted a 1B as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lost two of my best pitchers for the year, Beachy and Pettite.
    My first season watching baseball and I never released they were so many injuries in this sport!

Have a trading block up, any offers considered, looking for SP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Feel free to take Ervin Santana off my hands. I hate him and will take anything except a sp.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Lost two of my best pitchers for the year, Beachy and Pettite.
    My first season watching baseball and I never released they were so many injuries in this sport!
    And this season seems to be worse than others especially with pitchers. When workhorses like Halladay, Sabathia and possibly Haren hit the DL you know its a bad year.

Pettitte should be back for the season run-in but Beachy is definately done...

Edit: Haren just placed on the DL for the first time in his MLB career...

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »

Edit: Haren just placed on the DL for the first time in his MLB career...

fantastic...I didn't even get a start out of him :-)

Hi, could the GM of this league please PM the e-mail I used to register? Had it set to remember me can't remember it now! Thanks.

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Hi, could the GM of this league please PM the e-mail I used to register? Had it set to remember me can't remember it now! Thanks.
    I checked the list of managers (League > Managers) and most managers email addresses, yours isn't and there is no way I cant find a way to see it through the commish tools. I think you should be able to find it through your Yahoo account profile, thats where the hide email setting is set.

Cheers, sorted.

Is the owner of walnut wanderers around? Trying to propose my Aramis Ramirez for Jake Westbrook, says he is in a pending trade.

A lot of trades going down this week :cool:

Great to see

Is the owner of walnut wanderers around? Trying to propose my Aramis Ramirez for Jake Westbrook, says he is in a pending trade.

Why would you trade?

He's going to get dropped tomorrow morning, you can get him from the waiver wire :)

My mistake - cheers for that. The idea behind it was I have an overload at 3B and not enough quality pitching.

I can't trade with you anyway, much the same situation

Loaded at 1B and looking for SP

Trade proposed to Artful Dodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ah bugger, would have taken that trade too!

• Advertisement

I'm not complaining first off

Close match between me and Pier 6 Brawlers and I was only delighted to see their pitcher Zach McAllister give up 4 runs

We were close on ERA, could have put me ahead

He was relieved with two outs

But 0 ERA
    Ok, I see one fielding error

But two doubles and a walk after this, runs scores and it remains 0 ERA

Tis confusing :confused:

212298.jpg

212299.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

My understanding is that the inning is 'reconstructed' as if the error didn't occur.

In this case the pitcher would have had 3 outs (had the error not happened) before the 1st run was scored, therefore 0 earned runs.

That makes sense

Learning all the time :)

Just a three day week this time

It'll be messy and there may well be huge victories and losses for some

Yahoo should have made this a 10 day week in my opinion

Ah well

I see says the blind man

That's good news
    I was just thinking of Week 1 which was a short week

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I see says the blind man

That's good news
    I was just thinking of Week 1 which was a short week

Yeah, still smarting from my 1-9 defeat in very short Week 1.

Carl Crawford is back!

After sitting on my DL all season long, great to have him in the lineup. Almost single-handedly winning me steals this week with 3 last night

Would anyone be interested in trading for my Chris Sale. I know he wasn't great against the Tigers last night but I was planning on proposing him for trades to upgrade my offense. Let me know

• Advertisement

Mid table is a bloodbath in this league!!

Advertisement