Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inter Clubs Cross Country Championships 2012

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

I was glad it wasn't any longer! The course was amazing, and facilities, showers, - even tea and sandwiches, amazing. Well done aai and clonliffe. Clonliffe weren't going to be beaten that's for sure. One thing the aai could improve is allowing premits for races on the same weekend as this event. There were races all over the country as far as I can see with some of them won in really good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Great event, facilities, course, parking etc. What a pity it's the best kept secret on the sporting calendar. No promotion done locally.
    I doubt that there were half a dozen non athletic people at the event. There was probably a bigger crowd watching the recent Garda Cross Country race in the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

Great event, great course, and lovely weather for it, very well organised.
    Didn't wear a watch so no idea whether it was short or not.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it despite being completely out of my league. What an honour to run beside (as they lapped me) the likes of Linda Byrne :D
    I found it very tough but we managed a team medal so delighted to have come away with some bling :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

Great event, facilities, course, parking etc.
    Despite my complaints about the course being short, I'd have to reiterate this sentiment.
    This was a top-notch event, and my one complaint aside, top marks to Clonliffe and the AAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Yeah one of the lads had it at 6.99miles so half a mile short. I'd usually be a stickler for distances but Im not sure it really matters in a race like this. Cross country is run over odd distances, so its really all about racing for position not times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

happygoose wrote: »
    Ah sure stick it up to 26.2 sure...would you fancy your chances against Ciobanu and O'Hanlon then!?!?

Nope! But makes my goal of not being lapped harder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Lads it's cross country,anyone with a garmin on during the national cross country shouldn't be racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Lock

Great event, facilities, course, parking etc. What a pity it's the best kept secret on the sporting calendar. No promotion done locally.
    I doubt that there were half a dozen non athletic people at the event. There was probably a bigger crowd watching the recent Garda Cross Country race in the Phoenix Park.

Never mind the lack of regular folk, I thought there was a huge lack of support from the Irish athletics community. Numbers are declining over the years. Over the last 5 or 6 years numbers supporting the Interclubs have seriously dropped. On such a nice day too, there were feck all people there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Have to say enjoyed this race. In terms of distance being short I got 7.03 but its cross country I was not expecting it to be right because they never are (don't believe me look at the Novices every year which is well short) only reason I wore it was due to the lap being close to a mile long so was good indication of how race went on a lap by lap basis.

Next year will actually run a proper XC season:D

Advertisement