Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This is it!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Week 9:

Monday - CE Lean Circuit 1 / Stretch 10 - 197 cals. Phew! Almost passed out between heat/effort/ wheezing! Seriously I will never be able to do those tricep pushups on my toes :-( not even sure I'm doing them properly on my knees! Off now to pant in the corner.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

They are seriously hard but we'll get there!

Week 9:
    Tuesday - TF Fire 60 - 473 cals. All buzzed up for the day! Have to do CE Extreme Abs later due to having to go to work and getting kids up and out. Busy girl.

Week 9:
    Wednesday - CE Lean Circuit 2 / TF HIIT 15 - 397 cals. Surprisingly enough found this circuit ok although I need to adjust weights on a couple of the exercises (upwards - yipee!). Heart rate through the roof on the HIIT.

Week 9:
    Thursday - TF Fire 55EZ - 300 cals. Can definitely feel yesterday's workout in my arms, shoulders and back. A good soreness though.
    Friday - rest day tomorrow as away on business. Leaving early & returning late.

• Advertisement

Week 9:
    Saturday - won't get a chance to do workout today. 2 parties, 2 sets of swimming lessons and going down the country this evening. Don't know how I'm not 6 stone with all this constant running around! Will be back tomorrow evening and will do Lean Circuit 3 as el as cardio to make up.

Week 9:
    Sunday - CE Lean Circuit 2 (typo y'day) and TF 45EZ - 493 cals. Very very busy week - glad its over! Coming week should have no interruptions.

Week 10:
    Monday - TF Fire 60 - 427 cals

Week 10:
    Tuesday - took my rest day today as bad monthly cramps and weak as a kitten.
    Wednesday: CE Lean Circuit 3 - 236 cals. Apparently at this stage I should:
    a. be seeing my abs come through - hmmm... maybe if I close one eye and hold my breath :D
    b. have absolutely no trouble doing zillions of push-ups. Well I am getting better at them - can do about 5 or 6 no problem then get very wobbly.
    And as for tricep pushups!!!! Sorry can't do them - can't even get my arms into the right position :confused: So annoyed :mad::mad::mad: Think I might do tricep dips for that section.

Look in the mirror and breath out hard tensing your abs , bet you won't have to squint :)

I'm with you on the push-up... I really need to improve my upper body strength.

this video looks good, I might try this hand position ...tomorrow, eek!

• Advertisement

Must try that in front of the mirror - I'm sure they've been there all the time and I just haven't noticed them :D

Thanks for the instruction video - must try that hand position and see if it makes a difference. That area is really my weak spot so will have to work on it.

Are you going to continue doing Chalean Extreme or go back to the gym?
    When I start Insanity I was thinking of trying to do CE as well 2-3 times a week maybe. I haven't really lost weight with it (wasn't the goal anyway) but have found a lot of areas have 'tightened up' and I want to keep working on that. Saying that I'm sure I'll be in a heap on the ground after each Insanity workout and won't be able to go near a set of weights :D

I tried ^ that method this morning, still coludn't get down anywhere near the floor!

I've 2 more weeks of Chalean to do so plan was to go back to the gym then, get p.t, and get into some heavy lifting. But now I have this 5k race with ds on the 23rd so I better not extend myself too much, so will leave the p.t till after that. So 2 more weeks of Chaelan + running, then one week of running +yoga/pilates, then back to gym hard core! he was out training last night and knocked another minute off his 5k so now his race target is 27mins! My pb in 3 years of running is 25:55, I'll be killt!! I know I could let him go on ahead but he's supposed to have an adult running with him to ensure his safety and I'd be nervous that something might happen to him :(

Is there a Chalean/Insnaity hybrid schedule on beachbody? I think Insanity will be plenty hard on it's own! Do you really need to lose weight anyway? I am the same on Chalean, didn't lose any lbs but feel trimmer & stronger so f*ck the scales anyway.

Have a great day!

My pb in 3 years of running is 25:55, I'll be killt!! I know I could let him go on ahead but he's supposed to have an adult running with him to ensure his safety and I'd be nervous that something might happen to him :(
    That will be the motivation to run fast so! :) Well done on the running - hubbie loves it too. Not something I ever got into. It would be very handy as I travel a good bit and hotels don't always have gyms. I have looked up a few hotel room workouts but have to wonder about the noise factor for the poor person in the room below :D:D

Yes I'll check out the hybrid and think about it seriously. I wouldn't mind losing a few more pounds. I love cardio and want to push it up a level (hence Insanity) but obviously still want to continue the strength training.

Decisions decisions!!

Week 10:
    Thursday - TF Fire 55EZ / Stretch 10 - 391 cals
    Friday - CE Lean Circuit 3 - 257 cals. Pushed hard and 'normal' pushups really coming on :-)
    Saturday - TF Fire 45EZ / Core 20 - 493 cals

Week 10:
    Sunday - CE Lean Circuit 3 - 241 cals. Abs killing me today - feel like I've done a million crunches. Yipee!

Week 11:
    Monday - TF Fire 60 - 459 cals. Was tempted to stop after 20 mins but got over the hump and kept going. Glad now. :)

Week 11:
    Tuesday - CE Lean Circuit 1 - 231 cals

Happy Birthday to me. 43 today :eek::eek::eek:. Still I feel only about 19 (well maybe 30!) with all this working out :):):):D:D:D

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Recipe.jpg

Aw thanks :) Looks yum!

Its nice to have a legitimate excuse to eat cake although I suppose I should do a Victoria Beckham on it and have a plate of fruit :D

Week 11:
    Wednesday: TF Fire 45 - 351 cals. Very tired last night and was tempted to take my rest day yesterday. However I'm travelling on Sunday for 5 days so I want to get a workout done each day before then.

• Advertisement

Week 11:
    Thursday - CE Lean Circuit 2 - 228 cals
    Friday - TF Fire 55 EZ /Ab Burner - 427 cals
    Saturday - CE Lean Circuit 3 - 242 cals

Well I'm due to do my last week but it'll have to wait until next weekend. Away from tomorrow morning for 5 days. Will try and do a few hotel room workouts and eat relatively clean - will be hard with lots of fab food around and entertaining to be done. Key for me is to AVOID THE BREAD!! and the crossants, pain au chocolat........:P:P:P

Back to the auld sod and the plan is to start my last week of Chalean Extreme / TF hybrid tomorrow and then begin Insanity the following week. Didn't do badly on the food front this week and got in a few workouts so happy enough. Exhausted today so am taking a well deserved night off to catch up with hubby and kids :)

Can't wait to hear all about Insanity. Have you checked the files actually work? I never did, so I hope so!

Can't wait to hear all about Insanity. Have you checked the files actually work? I never did, so I hope so!
    Yup they all seem to work so I have no excuses :D. Must do up a schedule over the next few days. I'm going to start on Sunday :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Hopefully I'll make it through the warmup at least without puking! Will let you know how I'm getting on.

Have been a bit stressed at work this week so haven't updated my log - poor me. Anyway here it is so far:

Week 12:
    Saturday - CE Lean Circuit 1 - 227 cals
    Sunday - TF Fire 60 - 447 cals
    Monday - CE Lean Circuit 2 - 241 cals
    Tuesday - TF Fire 55EZ - 366 cals

A couple of days more and I'll be officially finished. Those 12 weeks sure did fly by.

Methven wrote: »
    Yup they all seem to work so I have no excuses :D. Must do up a schedule over the next few days. I'm going to start on Sunday :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Hopefully I'll make it through the warmup at least without puking! Will let you know how I'm getting on.

I'll look fwd to your report! Hope work calms down for you.

Week 12:
    Wednesday - CE Lean Circuit 3 - 228 cals
    Thursday - TF Fire 45 / Core 20 - 379 cals

THE END

Yes my Chalean Extreme / Turbo Fire hybrid is officially over. Not a big change on the scale but I'm happy with the progress in my overall look. The mirror shows some abs developing, biceps are coming along nicely and triceps are a lot less wobbly when I wave :D I 'feel' a lot stronger so I am happy I did it.

Next stop INSANITY.

See next post for today's experience. Lots of :eek::eek::eek:

Methven wrote: »
    Week 12:
    Wednesday - CE Lean Circuit 3 - 228 cals
    Thursday - TF Fire 45 / Core 20 - 379 cals

THE END

Yes my Chalean Extreme / Turbo Fire hybrid is officially over. Not a big change on the scale but I'm happy with the progress in my overall look. The mirror shows some abs developing, biceps are coming along nicely and triceps are a lot less wobbly when I wave :D I 'feel' a lot stronger so I am happy I did it.

Next stop INSANITY.

See next post for today's experience. Lots of :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah screw the scale, what you see in the mirror and feel is much better feedback on your progress.
    Hope the Insanity doesn't kill ya!

I'll start off by saying my face is still tomato coloured an hour after finishing my first day of Insanity - I may have broken some blood vessels :D

Insanity is a 63 day programme and is very intense. Workouts for the first month are 45 mins or so and I will work out 6 days a week. I'm going to take Saturday as my day off instead of Sunday as I'm too busy being 'Mammy Taxi' to fit in a workout.

First day today was the Fit Test which should be done every 2 weeks to track progress. It was around 20 mins long excluding the cool down at the end. I burned 230 cals in those 20 mins and was in a heap on the floor at the end :o

My results from Fit Test 1 were:
    Switch Kicks - 68 (I counted 137 and thought I was extremely fit compared to the instructors and then realised 2 kicks = 1 count :D)
    Power Jacks - 54
    Power Knees - 80
    Power Jumps - 37
    Globe Jumps - 9
    Suicide Jumps - 15
    Pushup Jacks - 16 (awful things - if you can imagine doing a jumping jack on the floor as you are doing a pushup :eek:)
    Low Plank Obliques - 54 (liked these as I'm good at the plank :))

Tomorrow is 'Plyometric Cardio Circuit'. Can't wait! :rolleyes: At least Shaun T is nice to look at - if you can wipe the sweat out of your eyes to see him that is!! Seriously though I think I'm going to like it and it will be good for the body and soul to get through something so tough. Off now to put a cold flannel on my still burning cheeks.........

• Advertisement

Wow, makes me glad I gave you my copy :D

Serously, kudos to you, sounds hard

Advertisement