Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

SV wrote: »
    A lad in an evo10 put his car straight into the grass..did some fairly bad damage to it!
    Was that a white one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Fair play Owen, saved yourself serious moola there! And probly got a huge kick outta tracking down the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

owen is that the space shuttle you are driving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Owen .. any chance get car electrical course with you,..... not really interested in to certs or what ever, just practical things, like fault find, alarm fitting/joining with original ones, car diagnostics, ecu programming etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

292092_10150754958855176_805400175_20382851_905662_n.jpg

• Advertisement

292092_10150754958855176_805400175_20382851_905662_n.jpg

Is side stripes missing ??? :eek:

Nice wheels though. .. Look like sporty one :)

Well yeah, the car used to be blue and it's now primer white and soon to be another colour so there was no pointing sticking it back on until I was finished (they're a balls to take off)

Well yeah, the car used to be blue and it's now primer white and soon to be another colour so there was no pointing sticking it back on until I was finished (they're a balls to take off)

So what color next ?? guess.. red ??

Mar4ix wrote: »
    So what color next ?? guess.. red ??

No, no. It's a secret

(Mainly because I have yet to decide myself!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Clever chap.... TBH Tullow wouldn't be for me, it's a bit unsafe and way too easy to do damage. You going to track the car?

He was showing off I think.

Ah it's grand for most cars. Few were passing the line at 120ish and still with time to slow down.

Yeah probably going to once or twice anyway and see how we go. Need to invest into tires first though. :)

• Advertisement

to limerick man it seems a very strange way to respray a car you have it primered now driving it around ,it will take serious cleaning ,degreasing, de everyting else to get it ready for paint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

SV wrote: »
    He was showing off I think.

Ah it's grand for most cars. Few were passing the line at 120ish and still with time to slow down.

Yeah probably going to once or twice anyway and see how we go. Need to invest into tires first though. :)

Forget tyres, buy a set of wheels and a set of trackday tyres :D

dharn wrote: »
    to limerick man it seems a very strange way to respray a car you have it primered now driving it around ,it will take serious cleaning ,degreasing, de everyting else to get it ready for paint

I'm not really bothered to be honest! I still have to sand it back with a 2000 grit sand paper as it's still rough to touch, so I'll leave that until I'm painting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

New DOHC VTEC stickers on both sides! :D

scaled.php?server=217&filename=img1172i.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=545&filename=img1173ld.jpg&res=medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Today I swore at my car and temporarily fixed the brake lights which were flickering.

Further swearing is to follow to cure the problem permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

MugMugs wrote: »
    Is your car vtec? :D

Nope, it's an OH VTEC

img1045h.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Is that Audi A4 TDI blue you painted the engine?

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Is that Audi A4 TDI blue you painted the engine?

Honda SuperSonic Blue actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

New DOHC VTEC stickers on both sides! :D

scaled.php?server=217&filename=img1172i.jpg&res=medium

What's that S70 in the reflection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

VolvoMan wrote: »
    What's that S70 in the reflection?

...its an s70.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

genius :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Mar4ix wrote: »
    Done some work on ,my puntie

Rains a curse eh? ;)

Which box are you using? :)

dgt wrote: »
    Rains a curse eh? ;)

Which box are you using? :)

Your good one, found some rat poison there(hope there is no dead rat inside :D) , re-done the lever (it was rust in box), got some bolts for box top recently from one scrappy punto ....
    After install, i drove couple miles, and change oil..... cofee with plenty milk color oil was goin out. Put gearbox oil which i bought for my nissan skyline(sold while ago), original nissan gearbox oil, i had 5 liters, each cost around 18 euro. hope that oil is suitable for puntie gearbox.
    There is some wining noise coming, but not loud, every gear own sound :D . Well cant hear at all is radio on... but i recon cant get perfect second hand gearbox. I have set of bearings for these boxes, will try change them (in coming months), will see how it goes.... (full set box bearings was around 120 euro from uk). No leaks or any strange so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I take it you put in the sporting box? We had both those boxes in 2 of our cars here, both worked well, the non sporting box whined but no leaks. They have been lying up since 2008, so they might be a bit sticky for a while, nothing an oil change won't cure. The boxes take 75W 90 synthetic oil.

The rats are long gone :D Its good to hear that theyre being used again and not lying up in my garage going to waste :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Very slowly swapping the diff on my 850CSi (2.93:1) to an e36 M3 Evo diff (3.23:1).
    97adb267.jpg

Will have to change both input and output flanges, rear cover and figure out how to secure it at the front as the mounting doesnt line up!

homer simsons honda D'OH VTECH:D

dharn wrote: »
    homer simsons honda D'OH VTECH:D
    :D

DSCN2177.jpg

Refurbed my headlights today, delighted with them!

Went from this

scaled.php?server=843&filename=img1175ls.jpg&res=medium

To this! :D

scaled.php?server=26&filename=img1176he.jpg&res=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

^^
    Theres a little dude with a camera in your headlight ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,501 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Refurbed my headlights today, delighted with them!

Brilliant,

What did you do them with?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement