Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Yep. One of the best concepts for any podcast. Can't recommend them enough. Gab Marcotti is a great listen.

Gab Marcotti does wrestling podcasts? I knew he was a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

RE: Des Delagdillo, I suppose it isn't that surprising given how many sighted people cannot fathom why some people like wrestling. Lets face it, it LOOKS ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Heard a while ago that Jim Cornette was coming back with a podcast (pretty sure it was supposed to be June). Haven't seen anything since. Hope it happens, he's one of the most entertaining guys in wrestling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Might be showing immense ignorance here and the Irish lad on it is probably a regular poster here for all I know and has linked to the show before or something but I couldn't find it when I looked.

Has anyone listened to or are aware of The Attitude Era podcast?

https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

had a flight back from the states recently with no in flight entertainment. Got myself better acquainted with the steve austin show. Holy jesus what a podcast. And as usual, Lance Storm comes across as an absolute hero.

Just listened to Jerry Lawler with Wade Keller from yesterday. Mostly talking about Jackie Fargo. Lawler is brilliant, not sure why so many people dislike him.

Worth it for his story about the Fargo's picking up a hitchhiker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just listened to Jerry Lawler with Wade Keller from yesterday. Mostly talking about Jackie Fargo. Lawler is brilliant, not sure why so many people dislike him.

Worth it for his story about the Fargo's picking up a hitchhiker.

For what its worth, I don't have a problem with him; more that WWE have let him get very lazy and he's a tad outdated on the shows nowadays. It's nothing personal against him, as much as it is the way WWE uses him and doesn't light a fire under him anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kevin AEPodcast

rovert wrote: »
    Might be showing immense ignorance here and the Irish lad on it is probably a regular poster here for all I know and has linked to the show before or something but I couldn't find it when I looked.

Has anyone listened to or are aware of The Attitude Era podcast?

https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast

Far from a regular poster, actually just joined boards.ie today! Thanks for the shout out!

Only listened to it for about 5 minutes when I posted that post to check out if it was ****e and if audio was BlogTalkRadio levels of horrible.

After a few episodes I can say neither is the case. YAY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Kevin AEPodcast

rovert wrote: »
    Only listened to it for about 5 minutes when I posted that post to check out if it was ****e and if audio was BlogTalkRadio levels of horrible.

After a few episodes I can say neither is the case. YAY!

We strive for "not ****e"! Hazzah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Listened to a few over the last few days.

The Jim Ross with Austin 2 parter is excellent.

AOW with Chris Hero is brilliant. Comes cross as a really nice fella. Only issue I had is himself and Colt sound very similar.

Kurt Angle with Austin is very good also. Even if Angle does come across a bit full of himself at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Anybody else having trouble downloading the Tim White episode of the SAS?

Adiboo wrote: »
    Anybody else having trouble downloading the Tim White episode of the SAS?

I had no problem with it last week, but I had trouble getting Jim Ross P2 for a while, so I think there are some issues with their hosting site from time to time.

Konnan got a new mic, so the two most recent episodes have improved audio. :pac:

Austin has improved a great deal as an interviewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Austin has improved a great deal as an interviewer.

Still a long way to go - he kept cutting across Tim White mid sentence and throwing out new questions as Tim was answering the previous one.

I wonder what are the chances of him getting Undertaker on the podcast. Taker hasn't broken kayfabe in an interview in more than 10 years iirc.

Still a long way to go - he kept cutting across Tim White mid sentence and throwing out new questions as Tim was answering the previous one.

I wonder what are the chances of him getting Undertaker on the podcast. Taker hasn't broken kayfabe in an interview in more than 10 years iirc.

In fairness to Austin, Tim White sounded like he'd talk all day if Austin didn't interject. Reminded me of Paul Bearer actually, in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

For those interested.

I've decided to bring back Wrestling Voice Radio, we should be launching soon with a radio show + magazine blog this time.

Booked interviews with Edge, Jim Ross, John Morrison & Eric Bischoff for the show once we're back.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

What are the chances he'd get Masa Chono on to talk about the piledriver that broke his neck

Strongest possible recommendation for the Scott Hall Austin podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ya, thats one for the car later on most certainly.

Listened to the Shelley Martinez AOW the other day. I think I love the woman.

• Advertisement

Am listening to the Steve Austin interview with Scott Hall. Austin's research doesn't seem to stretch beyond looking up a Wikipedia page which is a bit lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Am listening to the Steve Austin interview with Scott Hall. Austin's research doesn't seem to stretch beyond looking up a Wikipedia page which is a bit lame.

He did a fair bid of research on the fly.
    I only listened to the Mr.Fly and Hbk ones and am downloading the Angle and Hall ones. Any other ones to recommend, I ree he has done ones with Josh Barnett, Chael P Sonnen, Showtime EY and Trish. Are the Hart, Storm and JR ones much use, not the biggest fan of any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

GTR63 wrote: »
    ones with Josh Barnett, Chael P Sonnen, Showtime EY and Trish. Are the Hart, Storm and JR ones much use, not the biggest fan of any of them.

All of the above are worth downloading.

He's Steve Austin ffs! You'd think he'd either already have plenty of knowledge or have contacts or researchers for the show. Asking Hall if he was trained by the people listed on his Wikh page is just very amateurish imo

The Bret Hart one is pretty good, he said he'd have Bret on again. The Kevin Nash one was OK too. Didn't like the interview with JR.

Also, lol at Austin claiming he's been "out of the business for 11 years" when he's made nearly as many WrestleMania appearances as he's had matches at Mania shows.

Former NXT Creative and Worldwide trending topic Rob Naylor's welcome return to the podcast game:
    DR. KEITH PRESENTS: Excalibur, Naylor, OH MY!!!

The return of Excalibur after 7 months, the return of Rob Naylor after 2 YEARS, all on the same show??? FOR FREE? You betcha! It's one of the biggest DKP's of the year and we're previewing Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's biggest month ever! The Tenth Anniversary show with an insanely stacked lineup, Battle Of Los Angeles with loads of new faces possibly including W*NG KANEMURA, and so much more is discussed on the show. A must for any fan of PWG, hell a must for any fan of wrestling! Tell your friends, tell your brother, tell your mother, tell your dog! The DKP has a show for them! Only place to listen to it is right here at http://www.f4wonline.com - CHECK IT!!!

http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/072813dks.mp3

Loved this podcast.
    Joe and Rich chat with the foremost expert on wrestling analytics Chris “mookieghana” Harrington (@mookieghana) of IndeedWrestling.com about all things wrestling data. The guys chat with Chris about his upcoming book “Wrestlenomics”, how he got his start in analyzing wrestling data, correlation of internet feedback and PPV buys, WWE Second Quarter reports, WWE Network analysis, listener questions, how you can help him advance the subject and much more!

I've always circled statistics with my business, economics and marketing background. Used software packages like SPSS in work and my studies. Also a sucker for "economics made fun" books.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Didn't know where to post this so since John Pollock does podcasts

John Pollock ‏@iamjohnpollock 19h
    A thank you from rovert is worth it all!

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/366675083432960000

How big an online presence do you have Rovert? You're Wai Ting aren't you?

He knows me from the Observer board for sure. Wasn't a fan of Review A Wai in the early days. Hated that it was tacked on to the LAW and would made the file download really slow in the morning on iTunes. I think I listened to a bad episode of Review A Wai and formed an opinion off that for the longest time. Lots of other people thought Review A Wai was terrible partly due to me hating it and the Observer board hating the LAW for forever. Took Pollock to task recent times about his opinions on Brad Maddox and how awful I think Damien Abraham is when he co-hosts. But generally I suggest Review A Wai to everyone.

I've a pretty well earnt and community wide rep for being a notorious troll partly due to the Yanks not getting Irish style slagging, aspects of my posting style and me simply trolling like a madman on Twitter or in the unmodded areas of the Observer board. Such is my rep if I join a new forum people actually get annoyed when I don't troll. They kind of want the trollastic me to actually be real rather than the crushing reality I am only having the mess (most of the time anyway). :P

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

cian68 wrote: »
    Didn't know where to post this so since John Pollock does podcasts

John Pollock ‏@iamjohnpollock 19h
    A thank you from rovert is worth it all!

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/366675083432960000

How big an online presence do you have Rovert? You're Wai Ting aren't you?

I remember him from the old WWR board if anyone remembers that http://elfarrell.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile&user=rovert I used a different name on there (amadan) but he seems to have made quite a big name for himself I heard him getting mentioned by Bryan Alvarez there on the Bryan and Vinny show he has a big presence on the board at Figure 4
    http://f4w.wikia.com/wiki/Rovert

Jay Hunters name pops up a lot too on various message boards in particular review a wai

• Advertisement

My wikia was sadly taken over by trolls from the F4W board and /woooo. :pac:

Had no idea the WWR board was still up. I famously predicted John Cena's mystery Rumble return on there.

Advertisement