Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Archos 80 Cobalt

• 31-12-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Archos 80 Cobalt

Hi.
    Am looking for a new tablet and saw these in Tesco for € 139 for the 8gig version.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on whether it is a reasnably good tablet for the money. Will just be using it for a bit of browsing and you tube etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

ra0044 wrote: »
    Archos 80 Cobalt

Hi.
    Am looking for a new tablet and saw these in Tesco for € 139 for the 8gig version.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on whether it is a reasnably good tablet for the money. Will just be using it for a bit of browsing and you tube etc.

I think these ones were selling in uk tesco for 50 quid
    Saw it on hotukdeals. They Seem good
    Everyones raving about them. I'm No expert on tablets, But wouldn't you better getting a samsung tablet with the 30 euro cashback. Looking for a cheap 10 inch tablet myself.

if you do get one. read this. it tells you how to tweak with it.its the first comment
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/archos-80-cobalt-tablet-8-8gb-wifi-tesco-instore-online-49-half-price-1422066

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

I got one for forty pounds, saw it on hotukdeals.

Rte player not working, so far. Might try xmbc, or just try dolphin browser.

Sound from speakers not great, and camera is very, very basic.

But for a basic tab it is outstanding value. Also meant to take a 64gb micro sd card too.

kindalen wrote: »
    I got one for forty pounds, saw it on hotukdeals.

Rte player not working, so far. Might try xmbc, or just try dolphin browser.

Sound from speakers not great, and camera is very, very basic.

But for a basic tab it is outstanding value. Also meant to take a 64gb micro sd card too.

I think you gotta install flash on it. On my link above it points ye in the right direction. Have'nt got one but i'd have got one if i was quicker enough. Is it worth the 140 euro tesco ireland want for it. I personally wouldnt pay that . Watching hotuk for a okaish 10 inch. Saw one on zavi but its got a resistive screen. DL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

I think you gotta install flash on it. On my link above it points ye in the right direction. Have'nt got one but i'd have got one if i was quicker enough. Is it worth the 140 euro tesco ireland want for it. I personally wouldnt pay that . Watching hotuk for a okaish 10 inch. Saw one on zavi but its got a resistive screen. DL

Worth about 100 euro Max.

Thanks for that link, ye must install flash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 henrygoggins

I got one myself from tescos in Ireland. Haven't had a tablet before so its a bit new to me. The one thing that lets down this tablet is the screen. It plays hd videos, pdfs, games etc everything works really well, but the screen isn't great.

For surfing the net and simple day to day stuff its fantastic, but if you want to watch lots of tv & films on this I'd opt for a tablet with a better screen. It's a real stinger that Tesco in England are selling it for 49 pound on sale. But having looked around for the price this tablet is solid. The closest tablet to compare for me is around 250ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 henrygoggins

http://www.tesco.com/direct/archos-80-cobalt-tablet-8-8gb-wifi/247-0605.prd?skuId=247-0605&pageLevel=sku&_requestid=6344469&sc_cmp=aff_1018132

If you have a look here, you can get some more reviews. Course most people got it for 49 quid so the value to performance is heighten

Advertisement