Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A 'lil help please!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Just want to say to bright smile that I know exactly what you mean I got 535 in the mocks but I knew some stuff that was coming up on the papers which makes it completely pointless.All you can do is keep studyin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have to break my ass and laugh. These fools who are "smart" have absolutly zero common sense. 530 and your worried, your real thing is always better then mocks, always. And 530 can get you anything. Stop worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

All the trinity heads won't leave us alone in our little old forum. ;)
    I'm 22 and still a Leaving cert student at heart, that's what kind of impression it leaves on you..

On topic, unless Bright-Smile and deek are going for say medicine they really should chillax. What amount of points do the pair of you need?
    ~Medicine) Ok, just take deep breaths, do regular contructive non-panic study in the mean-time and you'll be fine.
    ~Uh, I only need 450, but I still want to kill myself with panic) STFU! Go out on the piss (I don't care how young you are*). If you are stressing yourself (to pieces) over getting a perfect LC due to pride, then I'd like to add you have some very very messed up priorities. The point of the CAO/points system is to get your college course, nothing more. I mean do as well as you can but for god's sake be reasonable. Prolonged stress is anything but healthy and I don't understand why you would do this to yourself if you have your course in the bag.

600 pts compared to 560 means nothing when you have the course you want in college.. I've known people to get into my course on the minimum and fly ahead of people who got 100pts higher than them.
    In my mocks I got about 50pts more than i needed for my course, so I chilled, studied a little and had a life.. The amount of points you get has no bearing once you have your course.

*ApeX does not condone under-age binge drinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

ApeXaviour wrote:
    On topic, unless Bright-Smile and deek are going for say medicine they really should chillax. What amount of points do the pair of you need?

*ApeX does not condone under-age binge drinking
    Go to my Take a Break thread.......... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

In your opinion its quality but its more often the case that an argument needs quantity (eg. in debatin xtra marks 4 the more points made)

wait a second, how the hell do u get quantity by shortening the words? your going to write whatever u have to say anyways, theres no time limit or maximum length of text, so theres no rush, and people will have a little bit more respect for you. a little. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i believe by quantity she meant that in an argument the number points made hold priority over the actual number of words you say or something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Just out of curiosity how does this help the OP...........?

Advertisement