Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I know but everytime I see jobs in waterford active I come to find people ranting not saying theres a job going in such and such, just how bad eistech is now for ages, we get, of course you can go on about but start a thread to that effect, we get it the place is bad.

people asked about the place all I and others done was tell them what it's like, I'm trying to do people a Favour by advising them to steer clear.

It's not really my problem if its bothering you that it's been said a few times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I have an interview for Lidl coming up, anyone know what the written aptitude test entails?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I have an interview for Lidl coming up, anyone know what the written aptitude test entails?
    also have an interview there. hopefully it wont be a hard aptitute test. a bit nervous this will be my first proper job interview. Best of luck Eroticplants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

people asked about the place all I and others done was tell them what it's like, I'm trying to do people a Favour by advising them to steer clear.

It's not really my problem if its bothering you that it's been said a few times already.

I'm not picking out you in paricular just it seems to be taking over the jobs section, we get it and I think there were several threads on it outside of the jobs section already.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

I've recently been offered a job in Eishtec and i'm due to start training in a couple of weeks. After reading this thread i'm just a little bit anxious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

A job is a job at the end of the day
    If you don't like it you can always leave, just be prepared to wait a few weeks to get the dole back

If you don't like it you can always leave, just be prepared to wait a few weeks to get the dole back

What do u mean wait a few weeks? I thought if u left a job you werent entitled to the dole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

What do u mean wait a few weeks? I thought if u left a job you werent entitled to the dole?

AFAIK that's not the case.
    I know a guy who left a job here in Waterford and within 3 weeks was collecting dole payments. He was in Pharmaceuticals at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_allowance.html

Disqualification from Jobseeker's Allowance

You may be disqualified from getting Jobseeker's Allowance for 9 weeks if you:
    • Left work voluntarily and without just cause
    • Lost your job through misconduct
    • Refused an offer of suitable alternative employment or suitable training
    Suitable employment does not include employment in a job that is vacant because of a trade dispute. In addition, the employment must be suitable, having regard to your age, sex, physique, education, normal occupation, where you live, rate of pay offered and your family circumstances.

AFAIK that's not the case.
    I know a guy who left a job here in Waterford and within 3 weeks was collecting dole payments. He was in Pharmaceuticals at the time.

Oh right, I think theres a bit of a mix up here then.

I think well as far as I know theres, unemployment assistance and unemployment benefit.

Isnt benefit what you payed when you were working? Ie stamps etc

Assistance is means tested against household income.

So if you leave a job of you own accord you may not be entitled to uneployment benefit but you may be entitled to unemployment assistance which is means tested. That was my understanding of it now.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

i have an interview this week for lidl too!! eeek!!!

i got a few tips i have an interview this week aswell apitude test are just what kind of personality u have,....few questions they will be askin what are your plans for the future what your skills in your job are like what u do..what u change about the store they ask you what brands names they sell what u know about the company and your education and talk about yourself! im soooo nervous lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Yes this is what is worrying me. I worked in a business like this before and i hated it. I have a big decision to make if i get the job.

zebra123 wrote: »
    i got a few tips i have an interview this week aswell apitude test are just what kind of personality u have,....few questions they will be askin what are your plans for the future what your skills in your job are like what u do..what u change about the store they ask you what brands names they sell what u know about the company and your education and talk about yourself! im soooo nervous lol

Somebody told me before to have a few drinks the night before not many just a few and your body prioritises the feeling nervous bit to replenishing your body the next morning, so you lose the nervous feeling, never tried it mind so if you need the job its probably not the right time to experiment. :-)

Somebody told me before to have a few drinks the night before not many just a few and your body prioritises the feeling nervous bit to replenishing your body the next morning, so you lose the nervous feeling, never tried it mind so if you need the job its probably not the right time to experiment. :-)

def wont be doing that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I'm sure they'd really want to hire someone who comes into an interview smelling of alcohol!

The best advice for interviews is to be prepared. If you feel that you're ready for it, you won't be nervous. Learn as much as you can about the company. Figure out how you'd answer common interview questions (lots of guides online) and be sure to have a couple of questions to ask them that show you've thought about the job. If I was going for an interview in Lidl, I'd be asking about career advancement/development within the company to show that you have ambition beyond the job you're going for.

Best of luck to all of you going for it.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure they'd really want to hire someone who comes into an interview smelling of alcohol!

The best advice for interviews is to be prepared. If you feel that you're ready for it, you won't be nervous. Learn as much as you can about the company. Figure out how you'd answer common interview questions (lots of guides online) and be sure to have a couple of questions to ask them that show you've thought about the job. If I was going for an interview in Lidl, I'd be asking about career advancement/development within the company to show that you have ambition beyond the job you're going for.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

zebra123 wrote: »

Some tips I have picked up over the years:

Like Nkay said as always have a couple of questions. Career advancement is a good one, where will I be trained? Is another but never ask about wages/holidays.

If your a guy always wear a suit or shirt/tie allot of HR people have thing about this they look at it as making an effort. If your a lady wear something professional.

Arrive early but no earlier then 15min.

Study up on the company, Last years profits, number of stores, market share and any recent announcements like a new shop are all winners.

Smile when you meet your interviewer, if they have been trained how to interviee people its something your told to look for

Never ever badmouth a previous company you worked for, I have done this myself giving interviews but some managers will ask you questions that could easily lead you to do this.

Relax, they want to give you the job. Try and sell yourself.

Best of luck.

nkay1985 wrote: »

I also advised not to do it if you read the last bit of my text it was an off the cuff remark, if your going for aldi remember to talk about the fact that thers 2 aldi's, in ireland you only have aldi sud, in germany and france and a few other countries on the continent they have aldi nord ( or vice versa) one is yellow and blue logo the other is white and blue, they were 2 brothers who had the one business and they decided to go their own ways and they set up aldi nord (north) and aldi sud (south), I think there was a similar thing with addidas and puma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I also advised not to do it if you read the last bit of my text it was an off the cuff remark, if your going for aldi remember to talk about the fact that thers 2 aldi's, in ireland you only have aldi sud, in germany and france and a few other countries on the continent they have aldi nord ( or vice versa) one is yellow and blue logo the other is white and blue, they were 2 brothers who had the one business and they decided to go their own ways and they set up aldi nord (north) and aldi sud (south), I think there was a similar thing with addidas and puma.

Read all about it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

I saw on the Intreo website this morning that Call Management International are looking for 20 Outbound Sales Representatives.

gman2k wrote: »
    Read all about it...

See I'm not talking ****e all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Rigney Dolphin are looking for Customer Service agents. Register your CV on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Had my interview for Lidl this morning, it was grand, they asked about work experience, gave me the opportunity to ask questions and then some maths questions.
    It was very short in all, maybe 20mins.
    Hoping to hear back by Friday. :)

Had my interview for Lidl this morning, it was grand, they asked about work experience, gave me the opportunity to ask questions and then some maths questions.

Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yeah had mine too. found the aptitute test hard though. In the end it was a good experience. All the best Eroticplants

PTH2009 wrote: »
    yeah had mine too. found the aptitute test hard though. In the end it was a good experience. All the best Eroticplants

went for the interview in lidl today...i got the job anyway they called me after an hour or so actually shocked the aptitude was tough knocked my confidence a bit! now im up to kildare on friday for induction day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

What did you have to do for the aptitude test?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭SimonClarke

..Brian.. wrote: »
    What did you have to do for the aptitude test?

Was just a few basic add subtract divide multiply questions and some logic questions.. Calculators not allowed even though there were two big desk calculators on the table where you do the test.. Bit cheeky.. Saw one girl cheating and using the calc..

• Advertisement

Was just a few basic add subtract divide multiply questions and some logic questions.. Calculators not allowed even though there were two big desk calculators on the table where you do the test.. Bit cheeky.. Saw one girl cheating and using the calc..

i say that was a test cos how can someone know in their head how to divide them long numbers by 4...i was been honest i just guessed have of them answers! anyone else hear anything from them like who got the job?

Advertisement