Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

finally got a picture to post, not a very good one but since i nearly busted my leg putting it back in the sea i figure he deserve's a posting.

hopefully i'll be able to add a few brown trout before Sept 15th.

btw its a pollock.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭.Ger

This was taken on a Rag about 3am of the peir in Arklow
    and i have to say it is a fish that tested my line and gave a good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Caught these 2 at the end of June first time trying Bass fishing ive since got a few more and blanked a few times trying different potential marks

87099.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gonzo08

Caught these two last night on worms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Caught this beautiful dark 4.75lbs Sea Trout on Lough Currane last wednesday.

Amazing 20 minutes of a drill into backing aswell. I was fishing rather light tackle with a single handed 9 foot #5 weight rod,, Intenseee is all i can say :D

feyst.jpg

fetst2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Well done Fevy. That is a suburb trout. :cool: I have been promising myself a day out on Currane all season and haven't gotten round to it yet but soon hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Congratulations. I love Currane, just wish it wasn't so far away from Dublin. They're getting some great bags of fish there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

That's a great trout feyy well done. Nice looking reel, what is it?

It's a Shimano Biocraft XT, fantastic reel :)

z17561.jpg

thats a beautiful fish. one for the pan?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was tagged and bagged after. First and last Sea Trout i'm ever bagging though, as this one was a dinner present for my mother who always wanted a big Sea Trout :)

I'm a big supporter of catch and release otherwise though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

4lbs in a huge flood on a small river pool in west cork, worth getting wet for!

mp22 wrote: »
    4lbs in a huge flood on a small river pool in west cork, worth getting wet for!

what time of the day, was it a fly? i've spent a good few hours around west cork rivers this summer, any chance you could pm me the river's name. i hope it was the Argideen near timoleague, a river only a very brave or foolish man would try to poach from.

i saw a half dozen sea trout in an estuary on a river in dunmanus bay,next year i'll get my nationwide sea trout licence and try my luck.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

what time of the day, was it a fly? i've spent a good few hours around west cork rivers this summer, any chance you could pm me the river's name. i hope it was the Argideen near timoleague, a river only a very brave or foolish man would try to poach from.

i saw a half dozen sea trout in an estuary on a river in dunmanus bay,next year i'll get my nationwide sea trout licence and try my luck.
    Your out of luck the river is way to the west, bait was a worm there's no room to cast a fly, spinners can work in low water conditions.next time your down this way let me know i might be able to show you some spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

my 1st tope thanx to dbrock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DubShooter

I finally caught one!:D
    Caught on a north Dublin Beach on Rag
    It weighed 2.9lb

The picture did'nt upload succesfully,I'll try agagin later

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

well done you are off the mark
    wheres the pic!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DubShooter

Can't seem to figure out how to upload it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Me (l) with blue shark caught out of Carrigaholt on the Clare agoon.

file.php?id=11629

file.php?id=11674

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

mate of mine today with a nice pike 27lb 8oz.

• Advertisement

paddy2008 wrote: »
    mate of mine today with a nice pike 27lb 8oz.

what a monster, what lures were u fishing?

what a monster, what lures were u fishing?

copper spoon:D

without getting too specific which county were u in paddy?

without getting too specific which county were u in paddy?

mighty monaghan:D

sea trout on a worm at 10 this morning at my favourite pool

Congrats, Nice fish! :D

What weight?

Feyy wrote: »
    Congrats, Nice fish! :D

What weight?
    3 and a half pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭J. Ramone

Interesting fish, looking at the pectoral fin looks like it may have started life as a farmed fish. A salmon even?

I must confess that when i caught the fish i was unsure as to the type it was, so i took a close up pic of its tail.imo the wideneck leading to a flatter type tail looks like a trout?I also took a close up of its head both are attached,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭J. Ramone

Shape of the tail is very much more trout like alright. Going on the markings on the gill covers and size of scales I'd still be more inclined to think salmon. I don't remember the exact details but the most reliable features are number of scale rows counted diagonally upwards from the lateral line from the adipose fin area and position of the eye in relation to the mouth. I could dig it out if there aren't any fisheries people here to put it to bed.

If I'm right it could be yet another example of the damaging effect on wild fisheries from current fish farming practices.

Advertisement