Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anybody having issues with RTE tonight?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

It's 0.58 on the Morning of August the 18th 2009.

About 30-minutes ago, I lost my signal.
    Not receiving RTE One, Two, Tv-3 or Tg-4.
    Not receiving any of National Radio Stations such as Radio 1, 2FM, RnaG, Lyric, Today-Fm or Newstalk.
    As I type, all are still out.
    I'm in South CO. Carlow so my guess is it's a Mt.Leinster Transmitter issue and maybe I didn't hear of an upgrade announcement?
    Anyone know any better or different?

Hope I post this in right forum. Could do with going into radio forum too & all the South-East ones too.

What's a tag btw?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

It's the same here in kilkenny.... no signal either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Working fine in Co Clare, although we do have Sky, so it looks like it is not a fault of RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Apart from the lack of anything worth watching, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Munurty wrote: »
    It's the same here in kilkenny.... no signal either.
    Yu even getting KCLR? Or KFM? Or Beat? Or South-East etc.?

My guess is a transmission fault or transmitter upgrade that MAY have been announced as RTE NL sometimes do (albeit at odd times like at night as opposed to during the day or at the end of the news bulletins).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Apart from the lack of anything worth watching, no.

was gonna say the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Happened a few weeks ago also. Problem with mt leinster. Some local stations down incl. South east radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Gone here too, we get the signal from Mt.Leinster too. The same thing happened about a week and a half ago, went at around 12:30 and didn't come back till like 6am. Think of how much less money Play TV is gonna make tonight :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Went in some parts of Kildare too.

Apparently the last 10 minutes of "24" on Rté2 went AWOL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

RTE off the air or some people get a break from it?
    I'd consider that a blessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

was gonna say the same thing

I have issues with RTÉ every night!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I have issues with RTÉ every night!

So did I till I turned it off completely and I learned never to never watch it again.
    Mind you, I don't blame RTE entirely. A lot of stations have gone very tabloid in the last few years.
    Drivel, celeb gossip and fodder for the brain dead, etc...

At least with RTE being off in some areas, hopefully people will get a chance more to actually talk a little bit more to each other instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

At 12.30am? I doubt many people were talking.

Advertisement