Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards GS - 31 January - The Heritage

• 03-01-2015 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭

Well it's day 3 of the new year and I hope you are all sticking to your resolutions. I've not made any except to play as much golf as possible :D

And what a better way to kick off the year than the Boards GS Captains Drive In at The Heritage in Killenard
    teaserbox_16196134.jpg?t=1402518298

The Heritage is a cracking golf course designed by my childhood hero and host venue to the 2007 Seve Trophy and of course host venue to the victorious Boards team in the 2013 Ryder Jug :)

So the plan is to brush off the winter cobwebs from the golf clubs and shoes, have a bit of fun, welcome new members, and kick the year off in style. The format is to play a 2 man scramble. Both players drive off, take the best ball, and both play from there and continue like that till the ball is in the hole. We will draw teams from two pots, high and low handicaps, in order to make things as fair as possible.

It will be a shotgun start, and Tee Time is 10:30. We do not have the course to ourselves so guys I advise on being there nice and early, because you might have to get out to your allocated hole and if you know the course, you know there are not very many near the clubhouse!

The green fee will be €35 for everyone if you are a member of the society or not. Although I would advise you to sign up on the day, cause it will be a great year of golf. We will be sending Teamer messages out soon, so make sure you have the app on your phone and sign up good and early. Good Luck guys and play well in 2015

Directions to the Heritage

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Teamer text / email should be sent there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will have to wait and see for me. First round of the winter league matchplay could be that day and my team might kill me if I'm not there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Confirmed and looking forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Confirmed and looking forward.

Lift available if you like,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Seve OB wrote: »
    Lift available if you like,

Yeah, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Can't play. Have a knee op the day before, so no golf for a while! Hope you all have a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Aul Switcharoo

Anybody going from cork that I could jump in with and save some petroleum costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

Anybody going from cork that I could jump in with and save some petroleum costs?

I will probably be attending and will be traveling from Rathcormac if that is any good to you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Seve,

Apologies - but this date is one of the few in 2015, is not working for me.

Will post at another time - but paulo and a few other lads are planing a few things for night before Portmarnock (drinks in Malahide) - but will post on next thread.

Enjoy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

Enjoy lads, I hope to make the majority of events this year but this one is out due to clash with a course I am on. I hope it works well for all who attend. Best of luck Seve for the year ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Teamer text / email should be sent there now.

Can I get thrown on that list?

I'll bring the fee's at the Heritage

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Can I get thrown on that list?

I'll bring the fee's at the Heritage

will you send me on a pm of:
    name / email address / phone no / h/c and i'll add you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Not sure if I'm going to be able to attend the outing at the Heritage as I'm working that entire weekend. I haven't really looked at my clubs since the Ryder Jug so feeling very rusty indeed.

Best wishes to Seve in his new role as Captain and may the entire boards society have a wonderful 2015. It would be a sin not to get out to play the wonderful list of courses on offer this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Winter league matchplay not starting that day and the wife is working, so I'm about 90% to play now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Have responded in the affirmative to the Teamer email. Couldn't miss the new captain's first outing, now could I :pac:

Hopefully nothing unforseen crops up in the meantime and the cold snap is just a chilly memory.

Have responded in the affirmative to the Teamer email. Couldn't miss the new captain's first outing, now could I :pac:

Hopefully nothing unforseen crops up in the meantime and the cold snap is just a chilly memory.

Nice one, especially as my first game with the society was with your good self :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I see the number is up to 24, good solid start to the year. Just have to hope that the temperature comes up a bit in the next couple of weeks

I see the number is up to 24, good solid start to the year. Just have to hope that the temperature comes up a bit in the next couple of weeks

Temperature is nothing an aul base layer and a fleece lined jumper won't sort out. Just hope the rain, wind and frost stay away:eek:

Myself and barnaboy played a round this morning, wasnt a bit cold at all.

Temperature is nothing an aul base layer and a fleece lined jumper won't sort out. Just hope the rain, wind and frost stay away:eek:

Ah yeah, it's not managing the elements I'm worried about seve, it's just making sure the course will be open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Gonna miss this one due to work . See you's all in Portmarnock .

Right guys, less than a week to go now, so it's about time we laid down a few rules for the outing, nothing to serious, just some simple housekeeping.

We will go out in fourballs, it's a shotgun start, so make sure you are early :D

2 man scramble
    2 pots, higher and lower handicaps, a team mate drawn from each pot
    Both tee off and choose the best ball, both play from there, choose the best ball etc. etc. and continue till it's in the hole
    Strokes
    1/4 of combined handicap. decimals count.
    Each player must have 5 tee shots counted
    Long drive hole to be decided on
    Nearest pin hole to be decided on

best of luck everyone and have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 47 titlebearer

I will be travelling from Glanmire if you are looking for a lift?

Right guys, less than a week to go now, so it's about time we laid down a few rules for the outing, nothing to serious, just some simple housekeeping.

We will go out in fourballs, it's a shotgun start, so make sure you are early :D

2 man scramble
    2 pots, higher and lower handicaps, a team mate drawn from each pot
    Both tee off and choose the best ball, both play from there, choose the best ball etc. etc. and continue till it's in the hole
    Strokes
    1/4 of combined handicap. decimals count.
    Each player must have 5 tee shots counted
    Long drive hole to be decided on
    Nearest pin hole to be decided on

best of luck everyone and have fun

All sounds good Seve.

I'm assuming its going to be a random draw, or will it be captain picking pairs, 1 from each pot?

Also, will just be a split down the middle based on the bodies that are there on the day? Looking at the handicap index on here, you might have to be fairly low to qualify in the low group.

I see the number is at 26 now at the moment. 2 more & we've a nice even 28 for pairings.

yr.no long term forecast for Saturday in Portlaoise not looking too bad at the moment.

I think what we will do it get the highest 13 and the lowest 13 handicaps in separate pots and do a random draw. I'll be meeting CharlieIRL on Friday, so we will most likely do the draw then... and hope we don't have any last minute drop outs :rolleyes:
    All sounds good Seve.

I'm assuming its going to be a random draw, or will it be captain picking pairs, 1 from each pot?

Also, will just be a split down the middle based on the bodies that are there on the day? Looking at the handicap index on here, you might have to be fairly low to qualify in the low group.

I see the number is at 26 now at the moment. 2 more & we've a nice even 28 for pairings.

yr.no long term forecast for Saturday in Portlaoise not looking too bad at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 whosyourcaddy

I'm travelling from Navan this Saturday if anyone would care to join me and cut the fuel costs?

I'm travelling from Navan this Saturday if anyone would care to join me and cut the fuel costs?

If Kieran can't go I'll take you up on that offer as your only a few minutes away from me I can park in navan somewhere :)

How would the heritage rate in terms of playability, harder than Headfort New ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

If Kieran can't go I'll take you up on that offer as your only a few minutes away from me I can park in navan somewhere :)

I'm going and will have room for two more if you's both want to get with me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 whosyourcaddy

kieran. wrote: »
    I'm going and will have room for two more if you's both want to get with me!!

Yeah i'd love that Kieran, thanks. I'll sort you out for some of the cost.
    I'll leave the trolley at home to make some room in the car. I'll send you on a PM with my details. Thanks again. :)

• Advertisement

Sounds great, I'll send on a PM aswell

Advertisement