Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Long Walk - Wednesday 10pm on Setanta Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Great show - that Mark Murphy is some character. Amazing how he pretty much changed his life through one bold offer to Rocco Mediate while caddying for him one day as a young lad in Waterville.

Hope he gets somewhere. I'll certainly be keeping an eye out.

Phelan looks amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Phelan must be struggling, haven't heard anything about him bar a T5 somewhere worth 40k.

He did so well to get the card, hope he settles quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Kace wrote: »
    Great show - that Mark Murphy is some character. Amazing how he pretty much changed his life through one bold offer to Rocco Mediate while caddying for him one day as a young lad in Waterville.

Mark won the Big Break Ireland a good few years ago (maybe 5?) If he was going to bounce on and make something for himself he would have by now. Of course I would love it if he did, but I just can't see it happening.

I think you will be straining your eyes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

Murphy is a character I'd say. Even uses yellow golf balls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

big_drive wrote: »
    Murphy is a character I'd say. Even uses yellow golf balls!!

True and comes across as a nice guy but wonder if his problem is consistency as he appears to have a very quick, whippy type swing and not what we've come to expect from professionals. That said his pal Rocco Mediate alluded to his problems being with the short stick and getting it in the hole so could be completely wrong on above observation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hi all,

Delighted to hear such good feedback for the show.

For anyone that missed it, we’ll be repeating both parts back to back Friday the 2nd of May at 10pm on Setanta Ireland.

Thanks,

Niall

Bumping this for those of us that missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

PARlance wrote: »
    Bumping this for those of us that missed it.

Cheers man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Great job. I had the first one recorded but the Sky box packed up on me last week so it never recorded the second one. But yesterday the nice man came and set up HD for me...so I will now set the box to record the second episode on the repeat. I wonder if Setanta have a HD version? Ah, first world problems :D

The information said it was about Damien McGrane and a couple of other guys. I never saw anything about Damien McGrane in the first one..maybe it's in the second one?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Arsenium wrote: »
    Great job. I had the first one recorded but the Sky box packed up on me last week so it never recorded the second one. But yesterday the nice man came and set up HD for me...so I will now set the box to record the second episode on the repeat. I wonder if Setanta have a HD version? Ah, first world problems :D

The information said it was about Damien McGrane and a couple of other guys. I never saw anything about Damien McGrane in the first one..maybe it's in the second one?

on the plus.... Setanta do have HD... it was on my UPC box, but as I am now with sky, I don't even have Setanta... but scanning through the channels I haven't spotted Setanta HD there.

When it comes to series link, Setant are awful I have never seen one show n Setanta that had Series link on it, so I'm afraid you just have to remember to set each individual recording yourself. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Really enjoyed the shows. Thought they gave a great insight to the guys playing at each level and how tough it is.

Agree with stevieob on the series link. Normally on Sat or Sun do a search on golf in the sky planner to set recordings of the shows for week. Always one or two that slip through the net!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ah crap. Thought it was repeated at 10pm?? Only got home from work for 10 and watched the episode, thought it was the first episode I was watching. It was very interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Jeez raging ... Tuned in at 10 pm as Niall said , enjoyed the hour but apparently missed the first one ???? Any where I can catch part 1 ?

Am out for a few jars playing snooker. Praying the UPC recording works this time around.

Recorded both last night when I remembered it, never spotted that Neil had mentioned 10pm (instead of 9pm), sorry bout that folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭carnsoreboxer

Thought this was a great programme one that club Golfers should watch to remind themselves that golf is their hobby! Would love to play the courses in Sardinia and Kazakhstan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Thought this was a great programme one that club Golfers should watch to remind themselves that golf is their hobby! Would love to play the courses in Sardinia and Kazakhstan
    Wonder will it be shown again???

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Part 1 was shown last night and Part 2 is on tonight at 9:30. Missed the first 15 minutes last night but it was a great watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

I watched the first one but missed the second one could nt find it in the planner at all will it be on again? seen the Gambler was repeated again so Im sure this will!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭aubreym

^^^^^^^^

same here, didnt show up on planner. is part 2 going to be shown again?

aubreym wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^

same here, didnt show up on planner. is part 2 going to be shown again?

It'd be worth sending Setenta Sports: Niall a PM, he posted on the first page of this thread. He may be able to tell you of any future viewings.

If you're on the look out for good golf docs. They had one called Caddy for Life on last Monday I think.
    An excellent watch. They won't be a dry eye in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Kace wrote: »

Mark Murphy doing well in the current European Tour Q School qualifiers - hopefully he can pull through in the coming days !!!

http://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2014/9/11/q-school-murphy-and-mooney-close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Just watched this now - didn't see all - think it was a bit sad in a way.
    A bit depressing.

As someone said above, it reminds you we are doing this for a hobby.

It looks like a nightmare. I admire them - but for some you feel they are trapped in a way.

Travelling the world to have a bad day, miss a cut.

Even when you do well you earn what - 3 or 400 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any place where can watch this online?(if allowed ask)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Any place where can watch this online?(if allowed ask)

As long as its an official stream its fine. Illegal = no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

BTW - I think next part is on tonight a 9 pm - Setanta.

Just to show you how hard a life it is

Here is one of the lads featured -

http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/players/playerid=34242/results/season=2009/index.html

He actually got some qualifying rights in 2009 - and even finished top 20 in Italian Open.

Turned pro in 2005 and has been at it 10 years now.

Fair play - some effort.

Must need some sponsorship to stay going.

And he is one of the lads that has actually done well - including a win on Challenge Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

BTW - I think next part is on tonight a 9 pm - Setanta.

For anyone with Sky, the show is listed as freeview tonight so you can watch even if you don't subscribe to Setanta (like me).

Advertisement