Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden County Trophy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

I think they have been given an extension to finish the match actually as Kilcoole may have been closed, so the drama rumbles on :)

At least the matches will be finished though, so that's a good thing and whoever wins it will have earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Forefore2 wrote: »
    Kilcoole v Druids Heath is being played to a finish tomorrow (Sunday) morning.
    Then in the afternoon Kilcoole play Arklow, in what is effectively a dead rubber.
    Kilcoole didn't show up for the match, the course was closed but there was noone there and no notification or call.

The tee time was at 7.50 but we heard nothing from them until 8.30.

Not too sure how it plays out but in my eyes it should be a walkover

That's not great that there was no texts or notifications. There should have been some sort of communication but Id say a new date will be fixed and the matches will be finished.

Mr. Larson wrote: »
    That's not great that there was no texts or notifications. There should have been some sort of communication but Id say a new date will be fixed and the matches will be finished.
    It has to be played by today. Bad form, they didn't show. If that happened in the Barton it would be a walkover.

I'm especially pissed because I was dragged out of bed for it as a substitution and I was on the beer all day yesterday so I would have preferred to sleep!!

It has to be played by today. Bad form, they didn't show. If that happened in the Barton it would be a walkover.

I'm especially pissed because I was dragged out of bed for it as a substitution and I was on the beer all day yesterday so I would have preferred to sleep!!

Ouch!! That's a pain in the hoop alright... Well at least you all know what you need to do now to top the group.

• Advertisement

Ouch!! That's a pain in the hoop alright... Well at least you all know what you need to do now to top the group.
    Yeah take the walkover!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rednail

Course was closed in Kilcoole, matches were due to resume at 8.50 not 7.50, maybe a bit of confusion there, and as the matches were to be resumed how could you possibly be drafted in as a substitute. Surely the pairing would of had to be the same as when the match was stopped?

rednail wrote: »
    Course was closed in Kilcoole, matches were due to resume at 8.50 not 7.50, maybe a bit of confusion there, and as the matches were to be resumed how could you possibly be drafted in as a substitute. Surely the pairing would of had to be the same as when the match was stopped?
    The matches were supposed to be replayed at 7.50, yes the course was closed and we weren't notified. Not too sure on the pairing issue.

Anyone hear how Arklow vs. Kilcoole went in the end?

Table looks like this:

Club Played Pts
    Wicklow 4 15 (6)
    Druids Heath 3* 13.5 (1)
    Woodenbridge 4 9.5 (2)
    Arklow 3 7 (1.5)
    Kilcoole 2* 4 (4)

*3 matches to be finished at Kilcoole Vs Druids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NancyHands

Obviously depending on the outcome of the Kilccole v Druids saga, any ideas where the final will be played given it has to be played on a neutral venue? I think Druids Heath was mentioned(?) for the Final so if Wicklow qualify it will be there. If Druids Heath qualify any ideas where it will be played?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Hacker111

sounds a ridiculous way to finish off the league format...... hopefully some commonsense prevails.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Forefore2

Anyone hear how Arklow vs. Kilcoole went in the end?

Table looks like this:

Club Played Pts
    Wicklow 4 15 (6)
    Druids Heath 3* 13.5 (1)
    Woodenbridge 4 9.5 (2)
    Arklow 3 7 (1.5)
    Kilcoole 2* 4 (4)

*3 matches to be finished at Kilcoole Vs Druids.

Arklow won 4-2.
    All matches were played in Arklow as Kilcoole was closed.

Thanks!

Club Played Pts
    Wicklow 4 15 (6)
    Druids Heath 4 14 (1)
    Arklow 4 11 (1.5)
    Kilcoole 4 10.5 (4)
    Woodenbridge 4 9.5 (2)

Wicklow will play Lisheen Springs in the Final in Arklow on Sunday 24 March at 1:30pm.

Wicklow will play Lisheen Springs in the Final in Arklow on Sunday 24 March at 1:30pm.
    How does that work if the Kilcoole / dh debacle hasn't been played out??

How does that work if the Kilcoole / dh debacle hasn't been played out??

I have it on good authority that Druids/Kilcoole result is being called 3:3.

I have it on good authority that Druids/Kilcoole result is being called 3:3.
    I've just hear there may be a rematch?? So at the moment you can't declare a win?

Haha this is actually gas now at this stage. :p

The final is in Arklow on Sunday 24 March at 1:30pm. Let's leave it at that for now.

Haha this is actually gas now at this stage. :p

The final is in Arklow on Sunday 24 March at 1:30pm. Let's leave it at that for now.
    Surprise final, noone knows who's playing until 15 mins before the match!!

Confirmed, because the dh/Kilcoole match wasn't completed it was declared a draw allowing Wicklow to go through by 1.5 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Eagle Maktoum

How is the final resolved if it is 3-3?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Fourcandle

Last year's final finished 3 -3 so each side picked one pairing that played a three hole play-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Is this final going ahead tomorrow?

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Is this final going ahead tomorrow?

Arklow closed yesterday and today but there will be a course inspection tomorrow at 8am. I'd say it's odds on it will be open. Links and all that, plus it's not that wet today really.

Wicklow won this today, congratulations to them, they had 3pts when the last 2 matches were called in, one was Dormie 2 in their favour & they were 1 up in the other, so they won well in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Wicklow won this today, congratulations to them, they had 3pts when the last 2 matches were called in, one was Dormie 2 & they were up in the other.
    Congrats to Wicklow. Great run by Lisheen after riding from the ashes of SouthCounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Okuma

Is it possible to enter a team in garden county trophy for 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Okuma wrote: »
    Is it possible to enter a team in garden county trophy for 2015

Contact Arklow Golf Club, they normally organise it. What club are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

The Garden County trophy always seem to throw up conterversy and signals the start of the golf season for the wickla lads, come on the lakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Anyone know where you can see the groups for this comp, according to the notice board in our gaff we are playing in this next Sat 10th Jan?

Advertisement