Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

They really capture the feel of the old school graphic adventure games in a manner that I never found with the Tell Tale Games titles.

The first 2 Blackwell games are really short as well, but there is an ongoing story running through them all that's great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It has fedora simulation elements. How can it be bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Gotta play something to keep you going between Tex Murphy games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I suppose you'd have to own/know your candy cabs to get this joke:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/18280491

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I suppose you'd have to own/know your candy cabs to get this joke:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/18280491

I remember when I first started researching the Egret 2/3 and I was getting loads of hits for those stupid birds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have this vision of us all gathered at Dublin port with a huge container from Japan waiting in front of us.

Steve_SI, with a massive grin on his face, opens the doors expecting us all to be blinded by candy glory - and instead a huge flock of egret birds fly out, blinding us with white creamy bird ****e.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I saw this and thought of some of you guys <3

1323067358.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Holy crap he's let himself go! :pac:

Master of the Universe

Here's how Johnny Ultimate would like The Terminator to look

arnie-japanese-advert-500x375.jpg

You joke about Japanese advertisements, but it gave us Charles Bronson's best role:

Look at him working that Mandom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Latest Humble Bundle

Pay what you want for Psychonauts, LIMBO, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP. If you choose to pay more than the average price, you will also receive Bastion!
    Each game comes with its soundtrack in both lossless (FLAC) and MP3 formats.

HIB5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

1323067358.jpg

Lol, the meme is so apt for him these days. If it doesn' look like this, it's not Guns N Roses

sitepic.jpg

Todays razzle is just embarrassing

Google-ChromeScreenSnapz014.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Master of the Universe

Great little device, I'll definitely be picking one of them up.

I wonder, will this be useful for arcade control/pad hack setups? For example Steve SI's Gameboy mod. Could he just use this to connect the regular Gameboy controls to the Pi board? Seems like it'd save a load of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    It was posted before either here or on FB, anyway, they have my money

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

1323067358.jpg

LMAO!

Had to turn off the radio ad for GnRs upcoming concert... "if you want to see a real rock band...." or something like that.
    They should have had a competition to get the best ending to that sentence given the subject matter, aka the fact that GnR isn't GnR anymore and that the lead singer doesn't even look or sound like the original singer although, sadly, he is :(
    So, Velvet Revolver anyone? No? Fair enough, lets just let it die already!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    LMAO!

Had to turn off the radio ad for GnRs upcoming concert... "if you want to see a real rock band...." or something like that.
    They should have had a competition to get the best ending to that sentence given the subject matter, aka the fact that GnR isn't GnR anymore and that the lead singer doesn't even look or sound like the original singer although, sadly, he is :(
    So, Velvet Revolver anyone? No? Fair enough, lets just let it die already!

The show in the point two weeks ago was great and his voice is blasting out powerful. Izzy (the other founding member) was playing with them to a sold out O2 in England last night and people are raving about it. (I'm not into rock too much and really enjoyed it. Dave Clarke on Sunday is more my cup of tea :D)

Master of the Universe

I are so disappoint that people went to the concert this year after the shambles last year :mad:

Just goes to show, a promoter and act can screw thousands of people over and they'll still mindlessly go again the following year.

Apparently this years one was brilliant, I suppose it shows just how good some cover bands really are

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

So I heard! Was secretly gutted to be honest. Had my best 'na na na naaaa na told you so' face ready. :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    So I heard! Was secretly gutted to be honest. Had my best 'na na na naaaa na told you so' face ready. :(

Take solace in the fact that it's not Guns N Roses :) That band broke up in the 90's man...as Cidey says, leave them well enough alone these days!

Also, to p1ss Retr0 off, after clearing Max Payne 3 I started LA Noire & am actually enjoying it so far :p

EnterNow wrote: »
    Take solace in the fact that it's not Guns N Roses :) That band broke up in the 90's man...as Cidey says, leave them well enough alone these days!

Also, to p1ss Retr0 off, after clearing Max Payne 3 I started LA Noire & am actually enjoying it so far :p

Max Payne 3, worth getting on the PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

LA Noire.....actually enjoying it so far

Awesome game. Best soundtrack of 2011 too (rightly acknowledged by the industry/consumer as well).

Steve SI wrote: »
    Max Payne 3, worth getting on the PC?

If your a fan, then definitely. I loved the first two, Rockstar have done an incredible job on the third :cool:
    Pyongyang wrote: »
    Awesome game. Best soundtrack of 2011 too (rightly acknowledged by the industry/consumer as well).

It IS awesome! Both the game & soundtrack. Dare I say it, another Rockstar classic

If your a fan, then definitely. I loved the first two, Rockstar have done an incredible job on the third :cool:

Yeah, I liked the first 2 games and even got the recent iPad version. Will check it out later and see if the hotel bband here is fast enough to grab it from Steam.

Any idea as to the download size of it?

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, I liked the first 2 games and even got the recent iPad version. Will check it out later and see if the hotel bband here is fast enough to grab it from Steam.

Any idea as to the download size of it?

Hmm not sure, the 360 version is two full dvd's anyway so I'd imagine the superior pc version will be quite large. So worth it though! I love the character, & once you hear those violas, its goosebump city

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's like playing Pheonix Wright if Pheonix Wright was a Sociopath. Must play it a bit more tbh. As for Max Payne 3, I've no interest in it. Found the previous two games one trick ponys.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    As for Max Payne 3, I've no interest in it. Found the previous two games one trick ponys.

I think they're the kinda games where you have to really like the character. I couldn't give a damn about bullet time etc, in fact it's rare I use it. I love the story & in that video-game way I really wanna see how it all turns out for him.

I think if you played the games in their day, you've a better chance of liking this one - either way though it's a fantastic game, if maybe a little cut scene heavy...I preferred the comic-strip style noire stuff of the first two

• Advertisement

I think they're the kinda games where you have to really like the character. I couldn't give a damn about bullet time etc, in fact it's rare I use it. I love the story & in that video-game way I really wanna see how it all turns out for him.

I think if you played the games in their day, you've a better chance of liking this one - either way though it's a fantastic game, if maybe a little cut scene heavy...I preferred the comic-strip style noire stuff of the first two

I loved the pc mods for the previous 2 games. And I actually quite enjoyed the bullet time sillyness :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement