Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheated?

• 29-07-2014 2:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36

Hi all. This is an awful situation but I'll try and explain it. I pissed my gf off recently, by being hungover two weekends in a row and not helping her do some things she needed to do. We also hadn't been getting on that well of late but I've no doubt we're both in love with each other.
    Anyway she got really mad at me that day when she came back, and went out with her friends, and stayed out for 2 nights, I didn't see her at all or hear from her until the Monday. I suspected she stayed with one of her "friends" that fancies her on the Sunday night, as she hadn't really anywhere else to go.
    So she was drunk on Friday night (we're both aware we drink too much and are trying to tackle that), and she came out and said that she had slept with that guy, where I suspected she stayed.
    Next day she said she didn't really and that she was just saying that to hurt me or something.
    So on Sunday I was on Facebook and I saw her password, as she had mistyped it into the login box and it was saved in the form. Yesterday I couldn't help myself by checking to see if she was talking to this guy and when I logged in my suspicions were correct.
    He was asking her if she felt guilty about what had happened. It turns out they had unprotected sex. She claims it was only "for a second" before she stopped it and that she was absolutely blotto.
    She tends to overreact to situations, storms off out a lot of the time when something's not going her way or we have an argument, and acts very much in the moment sometimes. She claims that she was 100% sure we were over that night, so technically it wasn't cheating. Hilarious I know.
    Now I know you'll all go to town on me for going into her Facebook but I just had to know, she had pretty much admitted it to me when drunk, and then changed her mind the next day. I had to know for sure.
    I don't know what to do now. I'm at my wit's end. She claims it was because she was hurt and she had nowhere else to go and that it's the biggest mistake she ever made.
    What am I supposed to do here? I can't look at her the same way knowing some other guy f*cked her last week. Also when she came back on the Monday, we had sex, with no regard for what she had just done.
    Any advice here? A real mess I know. We're both in our 30s even though it sounds like a couple of teenagers. I just don't know what to do. I feel awful right now so please go easy on me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Firstly and most importantly, you both need STD testing.

Secondary to that, the relationship. Sounds like you're both drinking too much, which you acknowledge. Does she acknowledge it? Are you both going to lay off the booze? If you're not, I don't see much point in continuing the relationship.

Do you WANT to continue it? Does she? If you both do, it's time for honesty and openness, and work to build back the trust.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Snoutface

I don't know if I want to or not. I love her so much but I feel betrayed. I'm afraid this is going to make me super paranoid every time she goes out. Yeah she claims that she's madly in love with me and it's the biggest mistake of her life.
    Re drinking, we've been a bit all over the place lately, starting new jobs, moving country, houses, trying to settle down... We've had no routine really and we've been drinking too much yeah. Something both of us (I think) really want to tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Well, before either of ye work on the relationship, you need to have a chat, and you need to figure out what you want, and if you believe you can trust her again. If you can't, walk away. If you can, both of you should be knocking the drink onthe head and ffocusing on the relationship.

For what it's worth, I don't condone reading peoples' messages, but I'd have done the same in your position.

For what it's worth, I don't condone reading peoples' messages, but I'd have done the same in your position.

The fact that she was saying it to me last Friday with real venom, that she had slept with the guy, and then changed her mind the next day really made me terrified that she had actually done it.
    I guess I'm using this as a sounding board. What would people do in my position? How can I be sure this never happens again? I can't believe it, I haven't even looked at another woman since I met her. Is being hammered an excuse? How come I get absolutely hammered and there's no other women ever involved?
    I'm so sad right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Snoutface wrote: »
    I don't know what to do now.

Dumping her would seem like a sensible option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

The fact that she was saying it to me last Friday with real venom, that she had slept with the guy, and then changed her mind the next day really made me terrified that she had actually done it.
    I guess I'm using this as a sounding board. What would people do in my position? How can I be sure this never happens again? I can't believe it, I haven't even looked at another woman since I met her. Is being hammered an excuse? How come I get absolutely hammered and there's no other women ever involved?
    I'm so sad right now :(

Me personally I would be dumping her. Saying adios and maybe tapping all her mates too. But I'm a dxxk. And you seem in love. This is going to consume you. Make you constantly jealous and petty till she dumps you.

Maybe ask yourself. What would she do?

Me personally I would be dumping her. Saying adios and maybe tapping all her mates too. But I'm a dxxk. And you seem in love. This is going to consume you. Make you constantly jealous and petty till she dumps you.

Maybe ask yourself. What would she do?

That's the thing, I'm 100% sure she'd dump me and tell everyone she knows what happened. I haven't told a soul as I'm too ashamed. I feel like such a loser.

maybe tapping all her mates too.

Unfortunately all her mates are men

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I genuinely think that's a big consideration when entering any relationship.

JeffKenna wrote: »

What do you mean? tbh it kind of bothers me that she doesn't even have ONE female friend that she hangs out with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

If I was you I'd end it. I couldn't stomach the thought of my girlfriend cheating on me. She does it once, she'll do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BikeQueery

Alcohol is a really poor excuse for cheating. I think a lot of the time it goes along the lines of "I'm going to get drunk and then bang that guy" rather than "woops I'm at some guys place and he's inside me". And a guy she knew was crushing on her too. I doubt there wasn't pre-meditation. She sounds guilty about it though, but then she tried to lie her way out of it.

Having sex with you right after is a little messed up too. If Iwas being cynical - covering her bases in case bare backing it caused pregnancy..

Dude I wouldn't be happy, and I don't think you are. Even if it was some random stranger and it just somehow happened at a party.. but it really sounds like something she decided on.

I would consider a break-up. It's the hardest thing you could do but in the long term might be the best.. she cheated, she lied about it and she's still communicating with the guy. They're friends even.. it's all very close quarters, can you really be comfortable with all of that.

If I was you I'd end it. I couldn't stomach the thought of my girlfriend cheating on me. She does it once, she'll do it again.

But she claims it was only for a couple of seconds. How do I know he didn't bang the life out of her though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Honestly I'd prob go back to the person who betrayed me but then end up not able to forgive them no matter how much I tried and eventually be kicking myself that I didn't just get a clean break when they cheated. That's not advice btw :pac: its just what I think will happen as I've been there before

But she claims it was only for a couple of seconds. How do I know he didn't bang the life out of her though?

This might sound mean but "it was just the tip, I swear" is pretty fcuking insulting all on its own.

BikeQueery wrote: »
    This might sound mean but "it was just the tip, I swear" is pretty fcuking insulting all on its own.

I know. F*ck. This is horrible.

I'm sorry man. I feel for you.

Does it matter? Its not like they were sitting far apart before that "couple of seconds", they were intimate right up to that point regardless of how long it actually lasted

What do you mean? tbh it kind of bothers me that she doesn't even have ONE female friend that she hangs out with.

That's exactly what I mean. It would bother me as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

I'm sorry. You're better cutting her out and moving on so you don't think of it every time you look at her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Set her free, that's where this is going to end. She took a sulk and slept with her mate, told you for spite and then lied about it. She then had sex with you in case she's preggers.

If you agree this is the summary, I think you know what to do.

Sorry mate but this is ****

Set her free, that's where this is going to end. She took a sulk and slept with her mate, told you for spite and then lied about it. She then had sex with you in case she's preggers.

If you agree this is the summary, I think you know what to do.

Sorry mate but this is ****

Well she wasn't preggers as she had her period the day she came back. We didn't have sex until the next day.

Yeah honestly OP walk away with your dignity now and don't even entertain her because its just gonna end in pettiness and resentment from both of you in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Well she wasn't preggers as she had her period the day she came back. We didn't have sex until the next day.

Ugh....

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You never will, because cheaters lie and minimise. But who cares if it was mere seconds or all night long? lots happens before that actual moment: knowing you are attracted to that person, flirting, kissing, hands wandering, clothing being removed. At any of those stages, she could have stopped it and thought "hang on, I love my boyfriend/ ex and cant do this"

But she didnt. Then she venomously through it in your face, then denied it, then when confronted with the evidence of her betrayal, minimised it. If you hadnt seen the evidence she likely would have only admitted to kissing, then a bit of foreplay, but you probably would have never got the real story - unprotected sex that she never would have admitted then putting you at risk the following day by having sex with you, and you would have been none the wiser if in a few days you were scratching from STI symptoms.

So really, the 'couple of seconds' is a red herring.

Does drink cause cheating? No.
    Do arguments cause cheating? No.

I think once trust is gone, the relationship is changed irrevocably. You may want to try to mend things, but its very very hard to do to regain the trust lost. And regaining trust only happens if the cheater is truly remorseful, admits fully what they did, and does not lie or minimise or blame other factors as the reason they cheated.

The fact she is still blamestorming and minimising does not bode well for a solid reconcillation, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Sorry to be harsh, but lets be honest - his penis didn't magically appear inside her. She must have some attraction to him, they probably kissed, they may have had foreplay, and worked their way up to it. Glossing over saying it was only inside her for a couple of seconds (like that excuses it) is just insulting.

She had sex with another man, full stop - doesn't matter if it was for a few second or a few hours. That's if it's even true.

Personally, she'd be out of my life. Someone who overreacts hideously like that sounds like a nightmare and you're going to be worrying about a recurrence the next time you argue and she storms off for a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

JeffKenna wrote: »

I really don't think this is an issue at all and shouldn't even be part of considerations. Nothing wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,027 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

OP imagine her giving head to the other guy before he just put the tip in....I would be gone.

I was just thinking there.

No one seems to have given you any advise about looking after yourself. I'm taking this happened very recently, it's a horrible situation to be in. If it were me I'd try and get a few days space from her just to give yourself time to take it in/let the shock wear off. Head to the gym tonight just to blow off some steam and focus on something else for a little while. I know it's a very easy thing to say but you'll feel way better after it. Do you have any friends/family to meet up with to keep you company at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

b_mac2 wrote: »
    Ugh....

b_mac2 - if you're not adding constructively to the thread, please consider not posting at all.

Regards,
    Mike

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement