Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

expansion time

• 21-10-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hey i'm cinnabarboss646 and i love pokemon tcg and video games over the summer i went to a league in dublin had fun and all that but the thing is i live in kildare so i cant go each week but what i want to do is expand the games to newbridge basically i just want it to start out small few people meeting up and battling, trading ect but i don't no any one who plays in kildare so if you know anyone from kildare who plays or even if you are interested plz comment tnx

sincerely cinnabar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Best bet is to start off a group on Facebook first and then once you get some members into it start meeting for TCG's and stuff. We could help promote it through the Dublin Pokémon Group on Facebook once you get set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cinnabarboss

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    Best bet is to start off a group on Facebook first and then once you get some members into it start meeting for TCG's and stuff. We could help promote it through the Dublin Pokémon Group on Facebook once you get set up.

good idea thanks for the idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

just bear in mind that you're looking at challenges that the Dublin group don't face - you don't have the same accessibility to cheap public transport, Newbridge is not (to my knowledge) a hub for various routes from round the country and your target audience can't drive. While it's not just a wide point in the road, it's hardly a sprawling metropolis so your immediate catchment area is quite limited. There aren't as many other reasons for heading out that way, so the League would be the be-all and end-all of the trip. Unless you need some silverware.

Having said all that, does Newbridge have a shop that sells game cards? If so, it's the best place to start trying to drum up local interest. Ask if you can stick a flyer up with an email address or Facebook profile to tear off. Generate a QR code and stick it on there. Local interest is going to be key, so hit them where they're likely to be found

Advertisement