Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bike stolen - black Trek 7.3 fx very large frame

• 24-10-2010 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi - I'm just looking to see if anyone can help track down a stolen bike? When I came back to collect it after work it was gone - lock was cut with a set of bolt-cutters it would seem.

Any ideas where to check where it might turn up would be great - as I'm sure anyone who's had a bike stolen willl appreciate how infuriating this is.

It was stolen from Fleet St car park bike section last Wednesday 20th October at lunchtime - I've managed to get the CCTV footage, and by chance have a reasonably clear picture of the thief walking out with it (I have to drop the footage into the Gardai in Pearse Street and hope they can assist in catching him).

Anyhow - I've a sample picture of the bike below (mine is a black / grey and it's the largest frame size posssible for this model so it would look quite big at a glance - plus mine had the bull bars and a bottle holder), but I'll post the picture of the a55h0le that swiped it as soon as I've talked to the Gardai - promise....

11544863.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Sorry to hear about that. It's particularly worrying that it was taken from a CCTV-monitored, bike-specific part of a car park. I'll keep an eye out for it - I hope you get it back.

I'd be wary about publishing pictures on here, however sure you are that it's the right person. Aside from worries about defaming someone, you might jeopardize criminal proceedings. If you plan on doing it then I'd suggest you clear it with the Gardaí and with the mods here before you actually post anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tom20Ten

I'll check up the implications of publishing that picture - but it's 100%.

Advertisement