Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Development in Source

• 05-06-2008 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm not 100% certain if this is the appropriate forum for this question but I'll give it a bash anyway. I've just started a Summer Internship and I will be developing some software in the Source Engine (unfortunately not a full blown game, but a virtual environment in which to test sensors). I have a Steam Account from a few years ago when I bought Half-Life 2 and I have the SDK installed on my Desktop Machine. My Laptop is a mac and I have Steam installed via Crossover. Basically, my question comes down to this; Can I log into Steam from both these computers if they have the same IP Address or do I Have to Login from one, transfer my work from my laptop, sign out, Login out etc..... ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

you can't log in at same time with the same steam account it'll knock the other one off, you could pick up a hl2 game off steam for cheap or try find someone with a gift of hl2 and jsut make a 2nd account

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

can't edit post for some reason but just wonderinf is the source sdk free even without hl2? you might want to give trhat a try 1st

Advertisement