Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Richer Sounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Hi John,
    I did find it a bit slow to process my order over the phone. I canceled it cause I was able to get it cheaper locally. But the unit was still delivered to me. I had canceled it but no confirmation was sent to me. I would like that an email confirmation to be sent confirming the order and for canceling it. At least then I would have a record of what is going on.

What do you think ?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Rom, Apologies for that - I am not aware of the specifics on this - I will send you a PMP with my contact details, Thanks, John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm moving back home to Ireland in a few months, and I'll definitely be hitting up Richer Sounds to set me up with a surround sound jobbie based on this thead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 teasup

John,

Whats the procedure for somebody living in Dublin if say their TV becomes faulty? Does it go to the Phillips Shop or back to Belfast?

Dont worry I dont have a faulty TV :)

Teasup

Teasup, It depends! (now theres a lisbon politicians answer for you!) You have the choice of either bringing it to The Philips Shop (where the service centre for Richer Sounds and The Philips Shop is located - we keep the service bods locked in a dark basement..) or you can of course return it to Belfast - we also offer a collection service countrywide - we subsidise the charge for this to 50% of the delivery cost of £40 (ie its £20/€26.99) - and this is for all TV's up to 60". As I am sure you are aware with most retailers it is up to the Consumer to return the goods to the point of sale - this is why we have recently started to offer the reduced collection rate - hope thats of some use - I also hope your TV does not go faulty!, All the best, John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 hoareni

GG66 wrote: »
    Didn't know you needed an NI address.

You dont - but the pricematch will be for the UK retailer + delivery. Delivery to NI is almost always significantly less than to RoI, hence you'll have a lower price for them to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

John, I've seen an LCD on the UK site that is'nt on the .ie site, how do I go about ordering it and availing of the free shipping offered to boards.ie members?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Yep, I'd have a similar question John, I like the Samsung 46" on the UK site, can you get it here?

John must be on holidays or something. I've actually found what I want on the Irish site, but the shipping is £30 sterling.This brings it very close to what I can get it for elsewhere.If John was serious about the free shipping to members, I'll definitley buy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

i ordered some stuff over the phone just today and got free shipping

• Advertisement

How did you get free shipping corpo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

just asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Just wanted to say that richersounds completely sorted out my problem and it was a big one.

credit where credit is due

I rang them yesterday and the guy on the phone could'nt tell me if what I was looking for was in stock, so he asked me to e-mail the sales team in the same shop! I did so yesterday but I still have'nt gotten a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

hoareni wrote: »
    You dont - but the pricematch will be for the UK retailer + delivery. Delivery to NI is almost always significantly less than to RoI, hence you'll have a lower price for them to match.

they price matched for me ex delivery.. and delivery from NI to REP will be less than from any mainland UK store to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Anyone any comments on this. I was looking at getting one in Richer sounds, it doesn't have the tuner and it is isn't full HD. Anyone have any experinece of this TV or should I look at the full HD version ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

At that size I'd recommend a full HD model, preferably one of the newer line from Panasonic such as the 42PZ80. You'll not only see the difference but future proof yourself more than a HD ready screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Yeah I would go for the TH42PZ70PED - full HD model
    And 799 sterling is a great price for it

Just looking at the website again - and the above model no longer seems to be there - maybe give them a call and see if they have it?
    They defo were selling it @ 799 a couple of weeks ago

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Yeah I would go for the TH42PZ70PED - full HD model
    And 799 sterling is a great price for it

Just looking at the website again - and the above model no longer seems to be there - maybe give them a call and see if they have it?
    They defo were selling it @ 799 a couple of weeks ago

I'd imagine the 42PZ70 has disappeared from the Richer Sounds website because they're either out of stock and won't be getting anymore back in, or they're replacing the PZ70 line with the new updated PZ80 line instead and the 50PZ70 will be the next to disappear.

Hi Guys, John Mc here from Richer Sounds and apologies that I have not been posting for the last few days - a few ill deserved days off in France to blame..... To answer some of your queries - yes we do offer Boards members free delivery on all orders excluding TV (and we do TV deliveries at 1/2 price). I am back in the saddle now so I hope to answer any queries within a max of 24 hours - and please note we are really here to help - so if you have any technical queries - not just sales things we will always do our best to help!, thanks again, John Mc

• Advertisement

Hi John, hope you enjoyed your break. Is there a voucher system for ordering online to avail of the discounted delivery? Also, the guy I spoke to on the phone sunday said there was a chance that the LCD I want may actually be in Dublin (the Philips 32PFL5322 LCD), Is there any way of finding out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Bloody hell some good prices on the richersounds website. Ive got my eyes on a 37/40" LCD. how is the best way to order with the half price delivery offer to ROI?

Do i phone belfast? PM john?

Oh i see the big difference between sterling and euro as well, so sterling seems the best way to buy

I just wanted to say that I've been talking to a few of the guys in the Belfast store and I have to say their product knowledge and customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced. I am looking for an LCD TV and I definitely know who I'll be buying it from ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

johnmc wrote: »
    Hi Guys, John Mc here from Richer Sounds ..... To answer some of your queries - yes we do offer Boards members free delivery on all orders excluding TV

Thats a great deal. I got my plasma from you guys ~3 years ago, dealt with yourself John. The MD delivered it himself to my fathers house, took it out and inspected it for damage etc, I was able to specifiy the delivery time too. Excellent service and was almost half the price it would have been in peats at the time. Fantastic deal.

They have always had a reputation for stocking only quality equipment, and knowing there stuff. I always remember that dustbin in the dublin shop full of midi systems! A sign saying something like "you won't find this crap on sale here"

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

ROS123 wrote: »
    Anyone any comments on this. I was looking at getting one in Richer sounds, it doesn't have the tuner and it is isn't full HD. Anyone have any experinece of this TV or should I look at the full HD version ?

Just to stick in by h'pennys worth. I bought a 42PZ80 from RS a month or so ago & I would have no hesitation in recommending both the TV or RS.

If you can spring for the difference between the PX & PZ its a class TV

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Cheers for the tip, I picked up a nice set of mordaunt short speakers for a nice price.

Savage they are too!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

I saw this on the website about the Pany, is this of any benefit down here ?

As you'd expect from the latest generation plasma TV, the Panasonic TH42PZ80 is a Freeview equipped plasma, meaning that you can watch all the additional channels at no extra charge. If you want to take digital TV a stage further, then a CI slot lets you use pay-TV cards such as Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

They have a Philips 32" for about €380 exc. delivery.
    http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PHIL-32PFL5322

Ros123 thanks for the message but if you live down south you need to be a bit careful with this TV - it is a mega Tv as you will see from other posts in this thread however it does not have a VHF tuner - you need one of these if you live down south and don't use NTL with a cable box or SKY - ie if you use an antenna or basic NTL cable service this TV won't work properly for you. If you are in any doubt you can call the guys on 04890.321.332 or drop me a PM and I will explain in detail. However if you are using Sky or NTL digital or DVD/Game source the PX80 is a mega TV and a great deal!

Thanks again for your interest

John McDonald - MD Richer Sounds Ireland

Please note decalred interest!
    ROS123 wrote: »
    I saw this on the website about the Pany, is this of any benefit down here ?

As you'd expect from the latest generation plasma TV, the Panasonic TH42PZ80 is a Freeview equipped plasma, meaning that you can watch all the additional channels at no extra charge. If you want to take digital TV a stage further, then a CI slot lets you use pay-TV cards such as Setanta.

• Advertisement

Boardies,

Thansk a million for all your really friendly posts - apologies I have not answered - I ahve been away again skiving last week - I'm around most of this week so if there is any way we can assist, in ANY way with info, technical queries or suchlike (ie not JUST commercial stuff), always just drop me a line and we will do our best to assist - again thanks to you all for your kind posts!

John McDonald,
    Managing Director
    Richer Sounds Ireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement