Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Motor Caravanners Club

• 03-02-2015 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

http://www.imcc.ie/
    Anyone a member? Worth joining? What are the rallies like?

Membership includes the subscriber, spouse/partner, and any dependent children up to the age of 18 years, as declared on the membership application form. Membership runs from 1st January to 31st December each year. Currently the cost to join the IMCC is €40. For this you will receive the benefits of group insurance, a copy of the club magazine "Roundabout" every two months and the freedom to attend as many rallies as you wish throughout the year.

Insurance for IMCC Members with Stuart Insurances is €255.
    Even adding the €40.00 membership for IMCC, its still cheaper than Dolmen Insurance (€340).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Anyone a member? Worth joining? What are the rallies like?

Membership includes the subscriber, spouse/partner, and any dependent children up to the age of 18 years, as declared on the membership application form. Membership runs from 1st January to 31st December each year. Currently the cost to join the IMCC is €40. For this you will receive the benefits of group insurance, a copy of the club magazine "Roundabout" every two months and the freedom to attend as many rallies as you wish throughout the year.

Even adding the €40.00 membership for IMCC, its still cheaper than Dolmen Insurance (€340).

Didn't know it was that cheap. Does their insurance run for a fixed period like others?

Odd clause here:
    "Proposers must provide a purchase invoice when incepting cover. We will require a purchase invoice for a permanent change of vehicle. "

Ho many people have their purchase invoice!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

moodrater wrote: »
    Didn't know it was that cheap. Does their insurance run for a fixed period like others?

I presume it runs for 1 year like any insurance policy.
    moodrater wrote: »
    Odd clause here:
    "Proposers must provide a purchase invoice when incepting cover. We will require a purchase invoice for a permanent change of vehicle. "

Ho many people have their purchase invoice!?!
    If you bought privately you probably wont have a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Morgan The Moon

Benbecul97 wrote: »

Check the insurance cover for touring abroad. Both of these have restrictions regarding the length of trip out of Ireland. It may not concern many MH owners but insurance is available with Motorcaravan Club of Ireland. Their cover is for 365 Days "out of Ireland".

Morg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

As with all insurance offerings it pays to get a copy of the policy, usually a booklet, and carefully compare what each is covering.

Pick the best value policy which gives all the cover you could possibly want if sh1te happens at home or away.

If the motorhome is an A Class give consideration to the level of windscreen cover, replacing a broken A Class windscreen can be a fairly hefty four figure sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

"Insurance for IMCC Members with Stuart Insurances is €255.
    Even adding the €40.00 membership for IMCC, its still cheaper than Dolmen Insurance (€340)."

I am a member of the Munster Motorhome Club and I have Insurance with Dolmin for an A Class with windscreen cover (which cost 1800 euro to replace) for 255 euro and membership cost me 30 Euro. #It dose pay to be a member of a club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Sounds like a great idea.

I would join just for the insurance but it turns out I need to be proposed by a member of the club for 2 years before they will accept application..

As I don;t use my MH for conventional camping I don't think I know a single other person with one.. never mind a club member.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Macspower wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea.

I would join just for the insurance but it turns out I need to be proposed by a member of the club for 2 years before they will accept application..

As I don;t use my MH for conventional camping I don't think I know a single other person with one.. never mind a club member.

http://www.munstermotorhomeclub.ie/membership.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

sunchaser wrote: »
    I am a member of the Munster Motorhome Club and I have Insurance with Dolmin for an A Class with windscreen cover (which cost 1800 euro to replace) for 255 euro and membership cost me 30 Euro. #It dose pay to be a member of a club.

Doesn't say anything about a group scheme on their site, just mentions that one can get insurance with dolmen or stuarts they should definitely mention it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bondgate

I was with the Motorcaravan Club of Ireland, Cloonee, Co Meath, I asked for my insurance certificate when I was going to UK on holidays, he got so mad and threw his toys out of his cradle, and then he banned me from his petty little club. Very very childish, glad to be out of that baby crèche. I only deal with grown up adults now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Shoog

That mans behaviour gets more extreme by the year. I imagine he is in his 70's by now so a certain degree of senility maybe involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 mikelan

Keep away from that 'club', he's a nutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Shoog

Its a real shame that the main Irish club is so negative and exclusive. Really out of touch with modern camper culture. SAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bondgate

Couldn't agree more with above comments, can't understand how the Motor Caravan Club of Ireland, Cloonee, can have the monopoly on cheap campervan insurance, something not right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They don’t have any monopoly. They had a scheme for low roof campers when nobody else would touch them.

Advertisement