Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best layouts for BF4?

• 20-03-2014 6:44pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

I've been on a BF hiatus since late August - early September last year, the last time being spending 30 minutes or so playing the BF4 beta. So with that said, I'm quite oblivious as to pretty much everything BF4. I'll be playing it from the weekend onwards on the PS4 however and would like to know what are the best weapon and vehicle layouts if some regulars here wouldn't mind sharing? After all, I'll be very much playing catch up and no doubt will be rusty. Already dreading having to learn the new maps as it is :pac:

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Assault: Can't go wrong with the Scar H (only a 21 round clip but is quite powerful) I am using the 44 Magnum as secondary but the Colt 45 is superior. The Rg0 impact grenades are very good too. Put silencers on everything. Medkit and defib for your equipment.

Engineer. PDW-R is the best primary in the game imo, 31 round mag accurate and rapid firing. RPG and anti-tank mines are essential. Rg0 grenades are very handy for creating small craters for your mines. Three mines will kill a tank/lav outright. Don't put mines in a long easily spotted line, cluster them in craters and shadows

Support: There is a good carbine the ACR (I think) good and accurate. Mortars have limited ammo now so I use C4/ammo resupply nowadays.

I dont snipe enough to tell you I'm afraid.

Tanks: AP shell has great splash damage against infantry. Autoloader, Active protection and either HMG or LMG for your secondary depending on what you go for.

LAV. I used to use the APFSDS shell but HE is better against infantry. Active protection and TOW missile work well together.

PCB: Active protection amnd the 25mm cannon are great. I use the Zuni rockets on this as well.

AAA: Active protection and Zunis make a great anti ground vehicle loadout. Helis are very vulnerable to the main gun so I wouldn't put on heatseekers.

I am a terrible pilot so I couldnt advise you on loadouts for helis/jets.

Remember to figure out battlepacks and boosts. It will help you rank up very fast.

Hope I helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Support - Lsat (or your choice), suppressed, Night vision and smoke grenades or launcher leads to awesomeness in locker and metro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd chop and change depending upon the map. More accurate weapons for more open maps, higher damage or faster firing ones for in close. Sticking to a specific weapon could just leave you at a disadvantage.

Not to mention swapping to stingers/IGLA if there's grief from choppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Depends on the map, your playstyle (which is the polite way of saying "if you're any good or not"), and what ninja patches DICE has used to nerf/buff things since yesterday or last week.

Assault rifles - you can go wrong with the SCAR-H, especially if your aim's no good. At close range, the FAMAS and AEK win most of the time, at longer range the SCAR does well, but the M416 is one of the better all-rounders.

Carbines - the AK5C is surprisingly good once you get past close range. At close range, the ACW is better. The others aren't bad, but I've not seen any that was so great it was worth switching up.

PDWs - the CZ pretty much dominates, but the thing with PDWs is that they're so close-range that if you can't move well, you'll get picked off by people with longer-range weapons. Get up close and the CZ will eat their faces, however.

DMRs - were useless till the recent major buff, are now actually useful at medium range. But get up close and you'll get mangled, and at range the bolt-actions are better. Still though, an SKS or M39 can be quite effective once you get the right sights on the thing and learn the right range for them. And learn not to run out into the middle of the field. DMRs require you to be a sneaky bastard.

Bolt-action rifles - at the moment, the SRR-61 and the M98B are very good for long-range (the M98B is better for moving targets, the SRR for everything else). For medium to long range, the GOL and the L96 are pretty solid, and surprisingly so is the CS-LR4.

Sidearms - the shorty, every time for me. If you have to have a pistol, the P226 is not bad, the 1911 is okay if you have good aim, the M9 is about the best if paniced spraying is your thing, and if you're running round in locker, the G18 (but elsewhere, it's going to waste a lot of ammo). The 93R is pretty solid too.

Grenades - RGO impact is pretty good, it's what I tend to use. The minis get used by more people though. Smoke, flash and flare are generally only of use on no-explosives servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MTAR is a very good carbine but you need China Rising to unlock it. First two carbines were my most used guns early on and both performed well imo.

M416 is one of the better ARs you unlock early.

The P90 is a freakingly good hip fire pdw but you have to suffer through the campaign. Lot of people didn't like the campaign (& I know it's not the core game) but I thought it was quite fun - definately preferred it to the recent COD SPs. It's bugged to hell though and you'll regularly lose saves if you don't save to Cloud (and will still lose them sometimes in any event) Also a good LMG to unlock in it.

Medic - medipack and defib for me everytime
    Support - ammo packs and now C4
    Engineer - RPG/SRAW and AT mines/repair tool

I have silencers on just about everything :rolleyes:

Noob tip don't lay claymores in Hardcore it won't win you any friends. Found this out the hard way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

IMO the best layout depends on your style of play and the map you're playing .

For me it is

Medic/assault : Ace 23 , defib and medic pack .

Engineer : Ace 52 , RPG/SRAW or Stinger , M2 Slam

Support : Chop and change here , in close the M1014 at range but moving M249 or AWS , defending - the M60-E4 with Bipod , ammo pack and either mortar or C4

Sniper : SRR-61 with JMG x4 scope , PLD , C4 .

Compact 45 as pistol for all kits .

Coyote sight , with x 2 magnifier , flash hider and stubby grip for the Ace 23 & Ace 52 .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cheer lads, appreciate all the above.
    Spear wrote: »
    I'd chop and change depending upon the map. More accurate weapons for more open maps, higher damage or faster firing ones for in close. Sticking to a specific weapon could just leave you at a disadvantage.

Not to mention swapping to stingers/IGLA if there's grief from choppers.

I do have over 1K hours to my first proper BF game after all, that being BF3 you know, Spear? :D

Being adaptable at any given map, game type or scenario would be a strength of mine so I would be someone who will change class/set up when it calls for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I have not really played it at all despite getting the game on PC for Christmas. Does Boards still have a server?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Cheer lads, appreciate all the above.

I do have over 1K hours to my first proper BF game after all, that being BF3 you know, Spear? :D

Being adaptable at any given map, game type or scenario would be a strength of mine so I would be someone who will change class/set up when it calls for it :)

It's still valid advice though. Stuff has changed from BF3 to 4, the unlock logic, the battlepacks, the knifing, so not everything carries over.
    Cormic wrote: »
    I have not really played it at all despite getting the game on PC for Christmas. Does Boards still have a server?

We didn't get one in the boards.ie name for BF4, only 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Surprised no one has mentioned the L85A2 for assault, it's pretty damn good, actually my top weapon and I don't like playing as assault.

Also if you can suffer through trying to unlock it, the SUAV is hilarious, especially for taking out rooftop campers on Flood Zone. Plus it resupplies itself (something I didn't realise until recently)

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a good gun. Think the stats are identical to the M416. I've hardly used it since unlocking it which is odd cos I really liked the M416.

I mostly play as support and use the rpk12/rpk74 and the LSAT with one of the 4x scopes. I carry c4 for the open ground maps to terrorize tanks and the xm25 air burst for operation locker and metro.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Surprised no one has mentioned the L85A2 for assault, it's pretty damn good, actually my top weapon and I don't like playing as assault.
    Ach, it's allright, but it got nerfed a while back. Before that it was excellent :D
    The reload time's awful though, because it's a bullpup.

I'm having a bit more fun these days with the L96A1 rifle on hardcore servers actually, so long as the map's not a huge wide expanse that becomes an SRR61-fest. Something like Gulf of Oman after the dust storm hits, Hainan resort, Dawnbreaker or Zavod. But it's surprising how critical the map range is - too short-range a map and every assault rifle, PDW and shotgun in the game will eat your face, too long-range and the SRR and M98B win every time. But find that sweet spot and the L96 is just a lot of fun. Mind you, the sweet spot is not on a rooftop. It's being 1-200m from the front line, counter-sniping and spotting and generally playing the game, as opposed to finding a high spot and waiting there all game for someone to walk past your sights...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Sparks wrote: »
    Ach, it's allright, but it got nerfed a while back. Before that it was excellent :D
    The reload time's awful though, because it's a bullpup.

Did it? I never realised as it was still helping me kill everyone ha ha.

Reload is a bit crap but I love how controllable it is.

Famas is great for close range encounters like Locker or Metro but you can't keep bullets in the thing.

It's a long way from bad, I use it myself a bit, but it used to be better :D And if you like the FAMAS, try the AEK - almost the same ROF but a bit more controllable.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Is Premium worth picking up at this stage?

tbh I got it for the battlepacks :)

The answer is usually depends how much you play. I play a good bit and would say it's worth it. Some very good unlockable weapons to be had too.

Just put €100 on Liverpool to beat Spurs on Sunday and sure you have it paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Did you put that bet on?!

danniemcq wrote: »
    Did you put that bet on?!

No, I'm all talk.:rolleyes:

In 1992 in the FA cup semifinal, as a student I put a ton of money I didn't have on Liverpool to beat Portsmouth in 90 minutes @ 8/11 - thought it was like buying money. It went to a replay. Lesson learned.

Anyhow back on topic can someone give me good loadouts/tips for Rush. Played a game yeserday and it was amazing. Stopped the enemy on the last target. Was using support, M249 (seemed to get a lot of hit markers but so funny, point down tunnel, depress fire and laugh manically), Holo Sight (can't remember the grip) Ammo packs and C4. Now unlocked the ACWS and as everyone's raving about it mustgive it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I presume everyone is using the G36C since the patch? Its unreal

• Advertisement

I can't see the video in work but I saw it yesterday. Think it was Levelcap. You could give the guy a stick and he'd murder everyone with it. I'm assuming it was a 1st April thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I can't see the video in work but I saw it yesterday. Think it was Levelcap. You could give the guy a stick and he'd murder everyone with it. I'm assuming it was a 1st April thing.

Really? I think Levelcap is only above average of a player. The reason he appears to be such an amazing player is because he plays so slowly and analyses the situation before shooting. He dies less because of this. There are far better players out there. Look up "blackmesatech" on Youtube.

Really? I think Levelcap is only above average of a player. The reason he appears to be such an amazing player is because he plays so slowly and analyses the situation before shooting. He dies less because of this. There are far better players out there. Look up "blackmesatech" on Youtube.

I'll check it out thanks. Watched a good few of Levelcaps videos yesterday. Thought he was quite informative and explained stuff well. He's a long way ahead of me skill wise. :(

The G36C thing was an april fools, confirmed by jackfrags on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm convinced Ravic is some sort of part cyborg/human being... His twitch reactions are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I'm convinced Ravic is some sort of part cyborg/human being... His twitch reactions are ridiculous.

Yeah I know, he even sounds it if you ever hear him talking in his videos...:D

Advertisement