Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone been Ice Skating in Dundrum?

• 18-11-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I was thinking of going there for a date night. What time would you suggest? Did you enjoy your time there? Any other perhaps better skate rings to go to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 glenamuck9a

I have just been to dundrum on ice with another family so in total we had 4 children under 5 with us, the reason we decided to bring the kids is because of the penguins, we were looking forward to this for ages only to arrive there and there were no penguins available, we waited and waited and finally went to talk to some of the staff only to be greeted by very unhelpful young staff that had no experience with dealing with customers, we asked to speak to a manager but of course he was nowhere to be found, by this time there were a group of families lined up to complain, we were told we could not get our money back, i would not recommend going there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Moved to Dublin County South

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I was there for a date recently - it's rubbish, don't bother! The first 10 mins are okay, but then you've another 25 mins of going around in circles. And whatever way the skates were, my feet were cut to bits and in a jock for a week after.

Not a good spot for a date IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

I was there yesterday, around 5.30, very crowded, quality of ice is really bad, there's no room for skating, you basically have to look around you all the time so as not to bump into anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

My 9-year-old advisor reliably informs me that the RDS on Ice is much better, based on his experiences of both venues last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I know there have been ice-skating promotions (codes to use when booking online) in the past. Has any one spotted any for this year yet (for any Dublin venue)?

In terms of venues - does anyone know if it is on anywhere other than Dundrum and RDS this year? Thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I worked on many different ice rinks over the years and tbh the rink isnt huge... but... the skates they have a re better than some rinks, and given its a date you are right beside decent restaurants... and (debatable) decent bars. So its very good for a date, I love ice skating and have my own skates so I'm a little bias, but its a good date IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

It's a pretty small ice-rink (compared to the various temporary ones I've been to over the years - RDS, the old Smithfield ones and further afield) so it can get a bit crowded at peak times. It's nothing spectacular but not terrible either, and like another poster said, close to loads of good restaurants etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 E30

Was there last week with two kids and the rink lights look great in the dark.
    Staff were helpful and the set up was professional.
    No problems with crowding or getting penguins but this must depend on how busy it gets.
    I'm no fan of the shopping centre itself but its a good Winter treat and I'll definitely bring them again next year.

Advertisement