Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train Direction

• 08-05-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I'm trying to book a ticket on the Dublin to Westport train.

Does anyone know what direction the train is facing in?

I don't understand why Iarnrod Eireann can't put some arrows to indicate which direction seats are facing.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

They can't becasue the 22000 trains get changed around and that means that they can't say tell people the direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

thought this was going to be about UP and DOWN trains, had a heated discussion with half my family recently about why you don't go UP to Cork..!

Anyway,I agree with Jamie2k9, ot possible to tell on the Westport line, you can be more certain on the Cork line

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

There is no way of knowing which way around the train is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

A is at the front going down and at the rear coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    A is at the front going down and at the rear coming back.

Not always as in heuston most trains go from A to F so its F at the front but the OP wants a forward facing seat which is the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement