Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best place for PT Nuke on the cheap?

• 02-02-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Recently splurged on a watercooling setup. The only thing SpecialTech were out of was PT Nuke. Amazon don't sell it, and I'm wondering where else would that (hopefully) has free delivery. I'm not so worried about time, as it'll be close to a week before I can get this up, and it's not the sort of thing that's needed right then and there anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭game4it70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Great company to deal with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

They look great for bits and bobs actually. Unfortunately they're also out of it! (I'm looking for the distilled water version, rather than the one to be used with dyes.)

Ak oh sorry.
    I do use chilled alot for the smaller items and found them to be good.

If you have no luck getting any i could post you mine to use and just post it back when finished?

That's very kind of you! I'll let you know if I can't find any.

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    That's very kind of you! I'll let you know if I can't find any.

You could always use a silver coil,just as good imo.
    http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1196

game4it70 wrote: »
    You could always use a silver coil,just as good imo.
    http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1196

I was thinking of that, but how exactly do you not get those things caught in the pump, or something similar? Also, as silly as this might seem, do they rattle?

I was thinking of that, but how exactly do you not get those things caught in the pump, or something similar? Also, as silly as this might seem, do they rattle?
    They can be put in your res or in the tubing itself.There big enough not to fit through compression/bars fittings.
    As for rattling i would imagine if in a res you would need some serious flow to make it do so.

game4it70 wrote: »
    They can be put in your res or in the tubing itself.There big enough not to fit through compression/bars fittings.
    As for rattling i would imagine if in a res you would need some serious flow to make it do so.

I had planned to get one if I couldn't find PT Nuke after a couple of weeks. I just think Nuke is a little more... elegant, I guess?

I had planned to get one if I couldn't find PT Nuke after a couple of weeks. I just think Nuke is a little more... elegant, I guess?

The coil can be put in the tubing out of sight i'm sure.Be careful using nuke not to use to much as it can turn water cloudy and gunk up blocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Need some blue UV dye, I already have pt nuke and de-ionised water. Anyone know where as chilledpc seems sold out of this:
    http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=67_118

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Need some blue UV dye, I already have pt nuke and de-ionised water. Anyone know where as chilledpc seems sold out of this:
    http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=67_118

www.aquatuning.co.uk have a decent range.
    Also try specialtech.co.uk

Stay away from fesser though as it tends to stain and break down and cause blockages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Wow didn't realise there was an interest in water-cooling in Ireland.

A few years back I used to build allot of water-cooled rigs mainly using Aquacomputer and Alphacool but haven't had time for the last few years.

Mainly did it for silence (watercooled hard drives, GPU, CPU, moffsets, PSU's even ram at times in virtually airtight cases with large passive or semi passive rads (thermostatically controlled 120mm Papst fans run at 7V) but also for overclocking and of course some people just wanted the look.

I think I still have a few hard-drive coolers and reservoirs sitting in a box somewhere.....

Since got somone in America to buy a bottle and ship it to me, thanks all anyway.

Advertisement