Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iqon laptop drivers needed

• 02-03-2006 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

well im trying to reinstall a laptop for a friend and hes got no drivers . im using win xp and it dosnt know what hardware it is becides the general discription of what hardware it cant use . dose anyone know where i can get the drivers for the laptop ? ive already tried http://www.iqon.ie/ for info but nothing as yet . atm installing sp2 .

drivers needed for

modem
    lan
    usb
    graphics
    all the basics reely .

if i cant find anything by morning im just going to try ringing them to see where the drivers are located online .

am going to find out mobo info atm from sandra . i did this last night and googled it but its not a well known make .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well if no-one has one of these to confirm what is in it.. is it one of these laptops if so they could use Intel chipsets and integrated graphics, you can use Intels chipset ID to to see if what hardware it is.

Download v2.91 & v3.1 as the v2.91 detects all the "legacy" chipsets while the v3.1 only detects the latest 9xx series.

Anyway it should tell you what kind of chipset it is so you can download the drivers from Intels site probably uses Intel graphics as well.

USB is taken care of by WinXP just install SP2.

As for LAN/modem well you could use Sisoft Sandra and take a look under the PCI(e)AGP buses information section as that how te LAN and modem would be attached most likely under the PCI bus, Sandra often picks up the manufacturer even for unknown hardware so it shoudn't be too difficult to track down the driver after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

What model is it? Some of their laptops are rebranded Mitacs ie iQon 8640 = Minote 8640. So some have SiS chipsets.

its a 8089p . im just about to try the tools that 8t8 linked

Google for MiTac 8089p - seems to be bringing up some things.

• Advertisement

indeed but so far bloody online shops ... one shop even wants me to buy the driver cd

ive found some stuff downloading now hopfully it will work :/

its in another language so i could be downloading the drivers for a usb coffey maker for all i know

http://www.partner.optimus.pl/sterowniki/Sterowniki/Notebooki/

different language but seems to work just fine

iQon should be able to email drivers too. They're not the most organised tech department out there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

How about http://mtc.mitacservice.com/visitor/v_FileDown2004C.asp ?

As far as I can see they have all the drivers for the 8089P?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭weird

I have the original images for many of the desktop and laptop computers iQon sold. PM me with your model number and I will see if I can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

You do know that this thread is over 3 years old?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 edsil64

Regardless of how old the thread is, some people will stumble across the page when running a search on Google... like me.

My p*xy stupid heap of crap Iqon laptop was getting slower and slower, so I had no choice but to re-install the OS. But now I don't have the original Drivers - I thought they'd be on the OS cd.

So now I have a crappier laptop that won't recognise the WAN card, with a beeper for sound and blurred 8-bit like graphics.

I'm searching for them on the internet and I've been led to heliguy's website which looks a bit dodgey. I'll report back with my progress. Wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭stezie

weird wrote: »
    I have the original images for many of the desktop and laptop computers iQon sold. PM me with your model number and I will see if I can help.

Great for bringing this up again! I have a friend whos hardrive crashed in a IQON LM1WN. I have xp installed but there doenst seen to be a link to driver downloads on their website. Can you send me the drivers? or provide me a link please. thanks.

stezie wrote: »
    Great for bringing this up again! I have a friend whos hardrive crashed in a IQON LM1WN. I have xp installed but there doenst seen to be a link to driver downloads on their website. Can you send me the drivers? or provide me a link please. thanks.

No I can't.

I said I had the original disk images, not the drivers on their own. The disks are compressed images, it's over 700MB, includes the OS, Drivers, and Software. I can't just dip into one and pull out drivers for you. If you want a disk image PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Chengo

Soundman wrote: »
    You do know that this thread is over 3 years old?

Unfortunately tech department in IQON is still as helpful as 3 years ago.:)

iQon went into liquidation about a year or so ago. The O'Donoghue brothers, Ciarán and Niall, owned iQon. When iQon went into liquidation iQon support ended for many customers with the exception of those who purchased from Tesco in Ireland. The reason the support for Irish Tesco customers continued was because they bought it and were paying around €10,000 per month. However they weren't paying this to iQon but to a new support company that was surprise surprise bank rolled by The O'Donoghue brothers. If you were unlucky to have bought your iQon computer from the ESB store or bought it in the UK you, as a customer were fecked as those companies declined to purchase support from this new company, "Healo". Well Tesco stopped paying for blanket support the middle of this year but still pay to repair customers computers on a case by case basis. If you have a receipt, and you purchased it from Tesco, and you can convince the store manger to get it repaired Healo will repair it. Alternatively you can pay Healo to repair your laptop but it won't be cheap. The good news is Healo do good work and do it quickly. A few months ago the O'Donoghue brothers stopped bank rolling Healo so now they operate on a shoe string budget. However Healo have access to all images and replacement parts.

Long story short, the O'Donoghue brothers have made a very good living out of selling overpriced, crap computers to their own people and the closing down shop refusing to support them. Don't worry though Niall's doing alight. You can check out his 2008 grey Ferrari most days it's parked outside of the iQon building in the Finnabair Industrial Estate in Dundalk.

The The O'Donoghue brothers latest "business" are the cdiscount websites. (cdiscount.com, cdiscount.co.uk, cdiscount.ie).

I have collected some images but I don't have them all.

Regarding the images I do have, I can't dip into them and get you drivers. The only thing I can do is burn you disk if I have the image that you need.

I'll burn you a disk for free and you can collect it off me. If I have to ship it I'm gonna charge you for shipping and my time. No, I won't upload the image to your favourite file sharing program.

If I don't have it, Healo do. (www.healo.ie) You'll have to ask them how much it costs I have no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 foggy0010

i hav just got a Iqon 332 laptop the guy i got it off had made a right mess of puttin windows on it system 32 files missing dont ask me how he messed it but he did anyway iv got it home and reinstalled xp on it but i can not find any of the driver now for it and iqon web site it a total wast of time if any of you guys out there can help please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

foggy0010 wrote: »
    i hav just got a Iqon 332 laptop the guy i got it off had made a right mess of puttin windows on it system 32 files missing dont ask me how he messed it but he did anyway iv got it home and reinstalled xp on it but i can not find any of the driver now for it and iqon web site it a total wast of time if any of you guys out there can help please

Have you tried the factory restore?

Iqon PC Factory Restore

a) As you switch your PC on, tap the F10 button repeatedly. This will launch the iQon System Recovery.
    b) A screen will be displayed with 3 options.
    c) Select "System Recovery-Quick Format" option. This will format the Hard Drive, and re-install Windows XP back to the factory-shipped default image.
    d) The recovery will take about 10mins, once recovery is completed you will be prompted to re-start your computer.

Some however don't have this ability so you might have to buy the Recovery disk.
    If it eventually come to that try one of the following:

www.ezrestorepc.com
    http://www.pcrecoverydisks.com/index.html
    www.gennersales.co.uk/recovery/iqon.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 foggy0010

Hi Bigginsiv tryed that the HDD as had a full format so nothng comes up with the F10 key :-( and and thinks for th links but they all say sorry we hav no softwhere for your lap top but thank you for your reply i hav never hod so much hasal trying you get hold of 5 driver lol il keep looking on the net you never know may find sumthing would window 7 hav the driver in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karo1

weird wrote: »

hi do you have image for iqon 8050q
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tonyham

Iqon drivers

Try this CLEVO site, These drivers worked for me on my iqon M66JE laptop:D

http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/download.asp

.. select your model by the Product code of your iQon, its also on the info label on the iQon.

e.g iQon laptop Model number M66JE = Product code M665JE

The CLEVO model numbers are the same as the iQon product numbers:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement