Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

jjbrien wrote: »
    LOL funny i got in trouble on here before for saying they ripped me off but i agree with you. that company saw my post and emailed Dave who runs this site to say I was giving them a bad name so now I will just not mention their name anymore. But I support u on this :D
    maybe they should spend more time helping there customers out with their applications process than reading our posts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

hey, 1841.00 for flight, insurance and the 399 you pay the first day! it was 1482 but cause i to change my flights i got charged 359 for a free change of date!! its a total rip off, they charge what they want and dont help wish i had stayed away from them!! what was you 2260 for?
    2260 was flights and travel only!!! We will have to change the return flight date so i suppose that'll cost us more too...we paid the 399 on top of the 2260....What a joke.....

akira336 wrote: »
    Thanks for the support ;) but anyway, once the email comes, I'm sorted, hey Galwaygal, sounds like you have it planned out very well, mine consists only of, fly, get job, start making money, make up rest..... Maybe I should be taking a leaf out of your book?
    Ya have to have some fun before you get back into the routine of 9-5 again ;)

2260 was flights and travel only!!! We will have to change the return flight date so i suppose that'll cost us more too...we paid the 399 on top of the 2260....What a joke.....
    how many of ye are going? if it is 2260 each its mental money!! They do what they want, i thought 100 to change a flight was crazy but when i had to, 359 was what i got, i had rang to get them changed and was told the date i wanted wasnt available, so that must have been a free move, i got 24 which was 300 and when i rang back to book it, guess what it just happen to be gone! who are they kidding, im so tired of forking out all this money that i dont have on something that still hasnt materialised!! :-( 8-12 weeks who are they kidding!!

how many of ye are going? if it is 2260 each its mental money!! They do what they want, i thought 100 to change a flight was crazy but when i had to, 359 was what i got, i had rang to get them changed and was told the date i wanted wasnt available, so that must have been a free move, i got 24 which was 300 and when i rang back to book it, guess what it just happen to be gone! who are they kidding, im so tired of forking out all this money that i dont have on something that still hasnt materialised!! :-( 8-12 weeks who are they kidding!![/QUO

SORRY sorry i just took out the paper work just now - its actually €3000 together!!! so €1500 each....

• Advertisement

how many of ye are going? if it is 2260 each its mental money!! They do what they want, i thought 100 to change a flight was crazy but when i had to, 359 was what i got, i had rang to get them changed and was told the date i wanted wasnt available, so that must have been a free move, i got 24 which was 300 and when i rang back to book it, guess what it just happen to be gone! who are they kidding, im so tired of forking out all this money that i dont have on something that still hasnt materialised!! :-( 8-12 weeks who are they kidding!![/QUO

SORRY sorry i just took out the paper work just now - its actually €3000 together!!! so €1500 each....
    its still alot of money and if you have to change them again thats another hit to the pocket. i need to get this visa soon, so ill be able to go make the money ive spent, dole isnt paying what it use to ha ha!! what part ye heading to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Application Sent Feb 10th
    Receipt email Feb 27th
    Payment Email: Apr 01st
    Payment and form sent: Apr 01st
    Accepted and passed to cic for 2nd stage: Apr 13th

its still alot of money and if you have to change them again thats another hit to the pocket. i need to get this visa soon, so ill be able to go make the money ive spent, dole isnt paying what it use to ha ha!! what part ye heading to?
    we hope to go to Vancouver u?

we hope to go to Vancouver u?
    heading for calgary, :-) have brother over there so he'l be able to show me around, im going on my own so it handy him over there :-)

heading for calgary, :-) have brother over there so he'l be able to show me around, im going on my own so it handy him over there :-)
    oh that is handy! Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

oh that is handy! Best of luck :)
    thanks, have a ball in vancouver :-) hopefully the LOI comes soon!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

Wanna hear something funny? I change my flights at a cost of €80, from a 9.50a.m. Today to the24th of this month cause there was no sign of the visa, 1 a.m. This morning then, visa comes through, happy to get it, but have to say, the fun is completely taken out of it, here's my timescale so far then, after 2 flight changes and a nearly 13 week process:

9th Jan-posted (regular mail)
    20th Feb-notice of receipt e-mail receipt
    8th march-payment request
    9th march-payment sent
    28th march- requesting further payment email received
    28th march-emailed the SP reference number
    29th march-received payment confirmation
    14th april-received loi email

Was it just me or did anyone else's loi have no information on it about them? Its just a generic form with nothing relating to me on it?

Wanna hear something funny? I change my flights at a cost of €80, from a 9.50a.m. Today to the24th of this month cause there was no sign of the visa, 1 a.m. This morning then, visa comes through, happy to get it, but have to say, the fun is completely taken out of it, here's my timescale so far then, after 2 flight changes and a nearly 13 week process:

9th march-payment sent

Was it just me or did anyone else's loi have no information on it about them? Its just a generic form with nothing relating to me on it?
    congrats, you must be over the moon!! :-) enjoy and safe trip!

congrats, you must be over the moon!! :-) enjoy and safe trip!

Thanks! : ) I am happy, but like I said, they do take the fun outta it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

9th march-payment sent

It has your name at the top of the page
    Myself and my gf got our loi last night aswell sweet!!:D:D:p
    Posted: 20th January
    Receipt e-mail: 21st Feb
    Payment request: 13th march paid and sent forms the same day.
    Then had payment issues
    Further info requested on payment: 28th March
    Passed on to the next stage: 29th March
    LOI: 14th April 01.00

Cant wait to go now but there was certainly no fun in that process!!

fc04 wrote: »
    Then had payment issues

Nice one :D good luck to the both of you!
    My form literally has nothing on it, no name, date, application no. or wtn......
    Should be fine though shouldn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

fc04 wrote: »
    Then had payment issues

My form literally has nothing on it, no name, date, application no. or wtn......

The info appears when you print it out! I think it saves as a blank copy to protect your details!! Have fun!!! :) and congrats on getting everything sorted!!

Thanks! : ) I am happy, but like I said, they do take the fun outta it?
    oh yeah i def agree with you, i just hope that when i get over there that all this stress and hassle has been worth it! brother lives there and he keeps telling me it is but after the hassle of this process im very reluctant about it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sadleirk

Hey; I am in the same boat- waiting on the LOIfor what seems like forever! Just wondering if anyone received the email about the medical and if so what was the waiting time between that and getting the LOI?

Ya your good to go id say. Best of luck over there anyway enjoy.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 cavan mom

****LOI...WERE ARE U???*****
    Wow....i am soooo frustrated reading peoples frustrating wait and lack of correspondance from london for IEC. Myself and my husband applied on 23rd jan. payment made early march. on the 19th of march (4 weeks ago now) we received email confirming it has gone to cic visa section.
    How long more does it take for loi???...
    the wait for everyone is agonising i guess...we have 3 children under age of 5 and are hoping to go to canada ASAP!!!
    can anyone tell me if you can be rejected at this late stage??????......
    any advice taken xx thanx all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

"Dear
    Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.
    Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
    requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
    work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully."

Is this the LOI ? I mean, is that it, done ?

Thanks cally, shellyennis and fc04, the countdown to go starts now, 10 days and I'm leaving this country, and from what my friend says, it is worth it, He loves it over there, Best of luck on yere travels! :)

and Yes Spunge, that is the Loi, Congrats! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Wavvie

Ara jaysus! While I'm really happy for you all I'm now wondering what the hell has happened to my LOI. After they lost my payment I got passed on to the second round on Mar. 26th... still no LOI and I've been watching the spam folder like a hawk just in case.

8 week process my backside. I'll have sent my application in 13 weeks on Tuesday. AND my current visa expires in just over 2 weeks. So much for me being overly cautious and posting my application in well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Flying back out to Vancouver tomorrow.

Gonna be back in town for 420! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Does anyone know is it 12 working days or 12 days you have to make the 105 Euro payment. My girlfriend sent off her payment 12 days yesterday but has heard nothing yet. She had a application rejected before because there was a mix up by AIB with the reference she put on it and the Canadian Embassay without warning just cancelled her whole application. This time she has sent daily emails since she paid the money but has heard nothing yet.

If they reject it again i am not sure what we will do, started this whole process in late December!

cmac8 wrote: »
    Does anyone know is it 12 working days or 12 days you have to make the 105 Euro payment. My girlfriend sent off her payment 12 days yesterday but has heard nothing yet. She had a application rejected before because there was a mix up by AIB with the reference she put on it and the Canadian Embassay without warning just cancelled her whole application. This time she has sent daily emails since she paid the money but has heard nothing yet.

If they reject it again i am not sure what we will do, started this whole process in late December!
    12 days from date email sent. they give you a day you should have paid by on the email.

Thanks cally, shellyennis and fc04, the countdown to go starts now, 10 days and I'm leaving this country, and from what my friend says, it is worth it, He loves it over there, Best of luck on yere travels! :)

and Yes Spunge, that is the Loi, Congrats! :D

good luck over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

Quick question. did people appying for the 2nd year visa, include a photocopy of their current visa paper......i read somewhere you have to show proof of your legal status, im not sure what did other people do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Donkey16 wrote: »
    Quick question. did people appying for the 2nd year visa, include a photocopy of their current visa paper......i read somewhere you have to show proof of your legal status, im not sure what did other people do?

We did. Not sure if you have to.

Advertisement