Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ufc 189

• 10-07-2015 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Any pubs in Ennis opening late to show the fights?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I wouldn't think so to be honest, licensing laws wouldn't really allow it, maybe a hotel might have it to residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

You realise he is in the octagon at 5 am right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Clareman wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so to be honest, licensing laws wouldn't really allow it, maybe a hotel might have it to residents.

If it was on at a reasonable time like 2am a few pubs might ignore the laws and show it on the quiet, but by 5am i can't see too many bothering as there will be no customers left and staff need to be paid!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd say the biggest problem would be the customers at 5am, a lot of people would try to be a hero and stay drinking, that would make it a nightmare for anyone, even if the majority fo people were stone cold sober it would only take 1 or 2 people to ruin it for everyone.

Personally I'll be heading to bed early, get up for the main event and then head back to bed. I'll have the whole lot recorded so I'll watch that tomorrow morning with breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

With Clare playing tonight at 7pm and it being televised by Sky. I think by 5am no one will be sober or interested enough to watch the fight lol.

• Advertisement

blowin3 wrote: »
    With Clare playing tonight at 7pm and it being televised by Sky. I think by 5am no one will be sober or interested enough to watch the fight lol.

Don't underestimate some of us sports fanatics, personally I probably won't have a single drink all day.

Advertisement