Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Scare

• 06-02-2012 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi folks.... Just wondering has anyone heard of this problem.... My sis went for her 20 week scan today to be told she has no waters around the baby??? So they are keeping her in hosp and shes not sure what there doing with her..... They gave her internal examination but just left with no answers.... There is a heartbeat but were eager to no if this is common.... All answers will be greatly appreciated!!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

It could be that the waters have broken unknown, in which case there is an increased risk of infection. If infection occurs, this can bring on premature labour, therefore she will need close monitoring to watch for signs of infection/premature labour and also to monitor the babys development.

This is the most common cause.

There are other conditions which would result in lack of amniotic fluid, but they would be far less common.

They shouldn't keep her in the dark for long. I'm sure she will have some answers soon. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything is well :)

Advertisement