Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

jujibee wrote: »
    Is it really is?

Do you think it really could be?

I think it is...

Friday!

That actually made me really happy cause I had it in my head it was saturday and was a little miffed I was too ill to go out and do the lotto. Therefore I was of course going to miss my turn to be a millionaire.
    Now I can send out the OH tomorrow and I can rightfully get my millions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'm plotting. I've heard of girls getting letters from their fiancé's favourite football/rugby clubs to congratulate them on their wedding day, and they present it to them after the speeches. Well, sport is boring, I'm gonna email his favourite glamour model, Lucy Pinder (she's so perdy) to get one from her (aka her management)...I have the perfect little phrase to put on the letter too...this would be so awesome! :D

That sounds amazing, hope it works out :)
    I'm pretty sure the OH would marry me tomorrow if I got him a letter from Karen Gillan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bubblefett wrote: »
    That sounds amazing, hope it works out :)
    I'm pretty sure the OH would marry me tomorrow if I got him a letter from Karen Gillan :p

Ooh she's pretty, just googled her. I thought if they do say I can have one it'd be so funny to put something like "Life is better when you have a good pair", her famous boobies and marriage in one phrase! :p:D

Email sent anyway, shouldn't have done it on a Friday evening, any chance of a response is delayed now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

omg I love dominos cookies and i want that dinner :eek:
    you can keep the wedges though I couldnt eat those as well

Galway beers tonight and hoping for a cheap one, so drinking the cheapest bottle of Rose I could find. Should be fun.

• Advertisement

Galway beers tonight and hoping for a cheap one, so drinking the cheapest bottle of Rose I could find. Should be fun.

Would *love* to have gone, I never ever make it to beers! I have no life unless a Galway Beers night is announced, then I always end up being busy.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Would *love* to have gone, I never ever make it to beers! I have no life unless a Galway Beers night is announced, then I always end up being busy.

Bah! Screw busy-ness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I'm having a great Friday 13th :D

Found a gooorgeous apartment, that comes with a 42 inch flat screen tv, small wall mounted tvs in both bedrooms. Communal washers & dryers, but they're free to use so esb bill should be feck all :) All for very reasonable rent :)

Also, my mam told me instead of throwing me a 21st party, she's sending me to Chicago for it to celebrate it with my cousin (his 21st is the same week) which means 2 21sts and celebrating thanksgiving :D So excited!!

Hope everyone had a good day x

Bah! Screw busy-ness.

You don't even want to know what I'm doing instead, seriously.

Ha, maybe you're right.

My Friday 13th's are usually great. It's my Saturday 14th's that suck. So I'm just going to spend it in bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

New motto for life:

Past achievements are nothing in the face of present failure.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

New motto for life:

Past achievements are nothing in the face of present failure.

:)
    What did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

My brother got hundreds of Dominos vouchers during freshers week at UCD. 'Spend over 40e and get your meal half price!'

*Every* week since september, he's ordered 50e+ worth of food with his friend. Vinta81's picture just reminds me of the mountain of boxes that poor delivery guy had to cary...:D

(We're also known as 'the voucher people'....)

in other news, study isn't going well. I feel like I'm not doing it right. Last week I had some really good days where stuff just clicked. Today and yesterday haven't been sucessful :( I try to do at least 10 hours on my totally free days, not sure how much is going in anymore. Think I'll spend the rest of the night doing one of my more interesting topics.

kate.m - honestly, you'll always be amazed at exactly how much gets absorbed without your realizing.

Also - Daisies! You should be here, not at the TGC beers. TRAITOR!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

kate.m wrote: »
    My brother got hundreds of Dominos vouchers during freshers week at UCD. 'Spend over 40e and get your meal half price!'

*Every* week since september, he's ordered 50e+ worth of food with his friend. Vinta81's picture just reminds me of the mountain of boxes that poor delivery guy had to cary...:D

(We're also known as 'the voucher people'....)

in other news, study isn't going well. I feel like I'm not doing it right. Last week I had some really good days where stuff just clicked. Today and yesterday haven't been sucessful :( I try to do at least 10 hours on my totally free days, not sure how much is going in anymore. Think I'll spend the rest of the night doing one of my more interesting topics.

10 hours?
    jaysus
    i was proud of myself doing 6 yesterday
    don't forget you need rest time too

When I was in college, particularly during the "study week", I would spend between 8:30am and 6pm-9pm (depending on my level of determination on that day) in the library studying.

:eek:
    you're all crazy

i couldn't do that at all

Funnily enough, for the majority of those 4 years I would sit in the same place, so I'm pretty sure there's now my ass groove in that chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

heading out later, imma gonna get drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Have to admit, I do very little studying :o I couldn't study all day, I'd get so bored and nothing would go in.

People say don't leave it until the last minute, but I reckon everyone's style is different. Some people read all they can about a topic, whereas I tend to just focus in on the important stuff (or at least the stuff I *hope* is important!). Depends on the subject, but I find if I read too much around a topic I end up getting it all muddled up. But then other people remember stuff really well and like to have plenty examples and all that. Whatever works, I guess! :)

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    heading out later, imma gonna get drunk
    Don't forget tonight's chat up line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Carsinian closed his account? (It is a he isn't it?)

I just learned Gotye's Somebody That I Used To Know on guitar. Feckin' love it! :D

Mars Bar wrote: »

wtf??
    :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

10 hours a day studying? Well! I sure feel guilty now!

I'm a total last minute studier, and even at that, I only look at things I definitely don't know. I give myself tests first to rule out studying some areas. Some people think it's a great study technique. It's actually sheer laziness.

Mars Bar wrote: »

I just learned Gotye's Somebody That I Used To Know on guitar. Feckin' love it! :D
    WTF?

Now who's gonna give me ice cream when I cry? :(

There's been a lot of people closing their accounts. I personally can't understand it, but if it's the best for them, then it's the right thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

bluewolf wrote: »
    wtf??
    :confused::confused:
    Kiera wrote: »
    WTF?

Now who's gonna give me ice cream when I cry? :(

I know right? So out of the blue!

Last post was a motto, maybe he/she just wanted a fresh start :confused:

Nothing major happening to me on Friday 13th thank god, I thought I was having a crisis earlier but thankfully it worked out for the best. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I miss liah. She was a great poster. :(

I miss liah too. Hopefully she came back as another username, because she was amazing to deal with/read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

bluewolf wrote: »
    10 hours?
    jaysus
    i was proud of myself doing 6 yesterday
    don't forget you need rest time too

I like getting things finished so I know I've got some section covered. Today and yesterday have been dismal though :O. I take breaks and exercise and everything, just sometimes if I try recall I can't and it makes me feel like I've wasted two hours. I've tried to start typing stuff instead so I've to think about it more....
    I have like 2 weeks before exams (all I want is a pass *prays*) so there are only like a few extra tutorials on in college. Basically 3 weeks off trying to understand what I've being doing all year.

(I should add if I was half as studious during the year I wouldn't have to do this now.....note to self: don't do this next year!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement