Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Action Bronson and Alchemist album due on the 15th November called Rare Chandeliers.....and it's going to be FREE.

ActionBronson_RC-450x450.jpg

1. Big Body Bes Intro
    2. Rare Chandeliers
    3. The Symbol
    4. Sylvester Lundgren Feat. Meyhem Lauren & Ag Da Coroner
    5. Randy The Musical
    6. Demolition Men Feat. Schoolboy Q
    7. Eggs On The Third Floor
    8. Modern Day Revelations Feat. Roc Marciano
    9. Dennis Haskins
    10. Bitch I Deserve You Feat. Evidence
    11. Gateway To Wizardy Feat. Styles P
    12. Bathtub 8 Feat. Deep
    13. Blood Of The Goat Feat. Big Twin & Sean Price
    14. Mike Vick

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

For those that like a guy called Thesis that I've mentioned, here's a new track from his upcoming EP:

http://soundcloud.com/thesismusic/make-it-count

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    New Action Bronson and Alchemist album due on the 15th November called Rare Chandeliers.....and it's going to be FREE.

ActionBronson_RC-450x450.jpg

1. Big Body Bes Intro
    2. Rare Chandeliers
    3. The Symbol
    4. Sylvester Lundgren Feat. Meyhem Lauren & Ag Da Coroner
    5. Randy The Musical
    6. Demolition Men Feat. Schoolboy Q
    7. Eggs On The Third Floor
    8. Modern Day Revelations Feat. Roc Marciano
    9. Dennis Haskins
    10. Bitch I Deserve You Feat. Evidence
    11. Gateway To Wizardy Feat. Styles P
    12. Bathtub 8 Feat. Deep
    13. Blood Of The Goat Feat. Big Twin & Sean Price
    14. Mike Vick

Lookin' forward to that one! Obviously gonna give the whole tape a go, but that one in particular has my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

For those that like a guy called Thesis that I've mentioned, here's a new track from his upcoming EP:

http://soundcloud.com/thesismusic/make-it-count

When is that out?

I can't stop listening to the stuff posted on here a while back. It's top notch.

When is that out?

I can't stop listening to the stuff posted on here a while back. It's top notch.

Not sure, but he's put a few more tracks on his soundcloud page now

http://soundcloud.com/thesismusic/thesis-who-knew-prod-introts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I'm a big fan of Action Bronson plus The Alchemist has been on point lately so I'm obviously really looking forward to this album.

Hopefully he releases both Saab Stories and Mr Wonderful before the end of the year.

Stnumbled accross this entry on wikipedia, list of all* albums this year and different events in the world of hip hop:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_in_hip_hop_music

*I have not verified the list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

January was the best month, he can't release music from prison. Scrap that, May was apparently good too.

Are they seriously doing a biggie hologram?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

typical 50 lryics none the less this is a mean track

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

January was the best month, he can't release music from prison. Scrap that, May was apparently good too.

Are they seriously doing a biggie hologram?

Should cost a lot more than the 2Pac one with the size of him :pac:

typical 50 lryics none the less this is a mean track

Is this going to be on his new album..?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Is this going to be on his new album..?

no he's just releasing videos from songs off his last few mixtapes, has a single coming with eminem soon they shot a video for it. What do you make of game's celebration single? i must say i like it despite all the features, feel good song with a nice westcoast vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Should cost a lot more than the 2Pac one with the size of him :pac:

True, fitting he is getting one months after 2pac too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

True, fitting he is getting one months after 2pac too.

how is that? not trying to start another pac v big debate btw, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

how is that? not trying to start another pac v big debate btw, just curious.

Cos he was killed a few months after I'm guessing...

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Stnumbled accross this entry on wikipedia, list of all* albums this year and different events in the world of hip hop:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_in_hip_hop_music

*I have not verified the list :)

well done Macklemore , entering at Number 2
    Quality Album
    Xzibit 140 :eek: , what a joke

The upcoming Pac Div album is sounding pretty darn tooting good from the few songs I've heard so far.

Here's the most recent leak from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Guilty Simpson & Apollo Brown dropped an album on Tuesday, "Dice Game"

Roc Marciano's new album is also floating around, and I've been reading great comments on it

• Advertisement

What do you make of game's celebration single? i must say i like it despite all the features, feel good song with a nice westcoast vibe to it.

Don't like it, nice Summer track I suppose but not what I want to hear on his album.

Don't like it, nice Summer track I suppose but not what I want to hear on his album.

as far as singles go though its a good choice, when i saw the amount of features on it and who they actually were i feared for it but there's actually a nice vibe to it imo.

fairly decent song here, M1 FT nas

Can't take that "Celebration" track by Game seriously at all.

There is absolutely no point in re-doing a classic if you're going to half ass it, and wtf is Wiz Khalifa in the featured artists when all does is pop in for 5 seconds in the video???

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Can't take that "Celebration" track by Game seriously at all.

There is absolutely no point in re-doing a classic if you're going to half ass it, and wtf is Wiz Khalifa in the featured artists when all does is pop in for 5 seconds in the video???

Take a look at the featured artists and you can tell straight away that it's ****.

Wiz is on it for the $$$s or the Youtube views. Whichever.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Can't take that "Celebration" track by Game seriously

I'm not saying its better than bones version but I'm just liking it for some reason. There's an official remix out with bone thugs on it too.

As far as wiz appearing for a few seconds this is game your talking about, the man doesn't do music without features I'm sure if he could of fit all of the relevant rappers out today on it he would.

Take a look at the featured artists and you can tell straight away that it's ****.

Wiz is on it for the $$$s or the Youtube views. Whichever.

Funny thing is, I don't hate most of the artists featured.

Game - I liked the Red album, I like some of his recent stuff but it's a shrinking percentage.
    Wiz - Used to be a big fan, even up to Taylor Alderdice I was liking it, but recently (since he's best mates with Juicy J now I think) I can't keep listening about the racks the throws in the club, or the loud weed he smokes, when it's on a nearly identical beat every time. Has to be the laziest rapper around now, and his mixtapes before his first album were brilliant.
    Wayne - Jesus.... I used to be a HUGE fan, I'd say up to 2010 I liked damn near every track he was on, but honestly, around Carter IV and up to now, it's just like he isn't even trying anymore. Coupled with the ****tiest beat selection of any rapper, I can't tolerate him now. I don't even bother listening when a new track comes out. He used to rap over hip-hop beats, now he just doesn't, it's all obnoxious noisey techno. I know this has been going on for longer than I've been aware but in the past year I've kind of gone "Yeah... I actually really don't like anything Lil' Wayne has done since No Ceilings.
    Tyga - As bog standard as rappers come, still comes out with the odd catchy tune ala Rack City.
    Chris Brown - Nah.

So I would see the title and featured artists and think "Alright, let's see..." but it doesn't really offer anything.

You can always rely on Freddie for a proper thug video. Half of the gangsters Gary, Indiana turned up to the video shoot by the looks of it. Wouldn't want to cross paths with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 FJamel

• Advertisement

Seen this on the aftermath facebook page, eminem has a new album coming in 2013.. explains the few singles he's going to be on in the next few weeks... let the hype begin.

confirmed by a cap :D

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eminem-hat-confirms-new-album-is-due-in-2013-20121029

eminem-hat-1-480x270.jpg

Advertisement