Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭scullersky

I hope so :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pure_mule

hey folks...just wondering how long does it take from the first day of training until your first day on duty in the Reserve? How long does the training process take in months before you are out and about in your role as a reserve on phase 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

pure_mule wrote: »
    hey folks...just wondering how long does it take from the first day of training until your first day on duty in the Reserve? How long does the training process take in months before you are out and about in your role as a reserve on phase 4?

My phase started in april 09 and hit the streets in mid july.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Well, got the laser surgery done yesterday and I have 20/20 vision today. I recommend it to anyone on the off-chance that they come up short (-sighted) in the medical. Time to reapply for second medical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    Well, got the laser surgery done yesterday and I have 20/20 vision today. I recommend it to anyone on the off-chance that they come up short (-sighted) in the medical. Time to reapply for second medical!

good to hear its the best possible thing you could ever do i have had it done a year now and never looked back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Well done, You'll fly through the next medical...Next stop Templemore....McJ.
    EGOSHEA wrote: »
    Well the laser surgery done yesterday and I have 20/20 vision today. I recommend it to anyone on the off-chance that they come up short (-sighted) in the medical. Time to reapply for second medical!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chippy12

has anyone been called for a medical to garda hq this thursday the 21st i got my call last week . im from cork myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thestig06

chippy12 wrote: »
    has anyone been called for a medical to garda hq this thursday the 21st i got my call last week . im from cork myself.

I'm in cork too and waiting on the medical! no call though!!!! :-(

thestig06 wrote: »
    I'm in cork too and waiting on the medical! no call though!!!! :-(

hey hang in there it will come don't worry what part of cork you from im east myself .i did my interview in killarney early july the 3th i think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 em09

Hi folks emailed my application for the reserves tonight just wondering how long does it take before I get my 1st interview with my local super??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 collig2

@EGOSHEA Couldnt message back to you as I dont have the 25 posts or more!...Ya im from bcollig, got a call a few weeks ago saying I have an interview sometime in early Feb. Im 19 and in UCC at the moment. Any tips for the interview? Will I be interviewed in Anglesea St. or in Bcollig? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Hi everyone,

Really interested in joining the GR. I've registered my interest on Public Jobs and the county etc. What happens next? The site says to wait until you're contacted but I'm just a little apprehensive that I'm missing something.

Apologies is this has alread been answered, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Loopie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thestig06

chippy12 wrote: »
    hey hang in there it will come don't worry what part of cork you from I'm east myself .i did my interview in killarney early july the 3th i think it was.

I am living in mahon, had my interview in cork city,long time ago now!
    Still waiting.

I think until (hopefully never) they announce that the scheme is going to be scrapped we should all keep our head's up and spirits high.

It is an annoying process of waiting and all but very much worth it in the end:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 carlbre

Loopie wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Really interested in joining the GR. I've registered my interest on Public Jobs and the county etc. What happens next? The site says to wait until you're contacted but I'm just a little apprehensive that I'm missing something.

Apologies is this has alread been answered, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Loopie

hi Loopie,

You have to download the application form and send it in i think, im filling out mine at the moment. trying to figure out employment dates and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jenny81

hi, i have my interview and exam for the reserves on wednesday, so nervous, just wondering if anyone has any tips for me, i knowtheres certain things that cant be spoken about so obviously within reason, thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jack O'Neill

jenny81 wrote: »
    ...anyone has any tips for me

Bit late now I sorry but anybody going for a Police/Garda interview should read Blackstones Preparing for Police Duty. link here to Amazon -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackstones-Preparing-Police-Duty-Hardy/dp/0199561192/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264793833&sr=8-1

Check out the full range of Blackstones Police books also...

Emphasis at interview on - helping people out, community involvement, multiculturalism, equality, justice, changing nature of policing, threats to society

Best of luck with the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

jenny81 wrote: »
    hi, i have my interview and exam for the reserves on wednesday, so nervous, just wondering if anyone has any tips for me, i knowtheres certain things that cant be spoken about so obviously within reason, thanks in advance

First off.. stay calm! They are not going to be waiting for you like wolves!:) The interview preparation material you were sent by PAS; try have 2 examples of situations for each area. Most important tip: Listen carefully to the questions you are asked.. and answer it as best you can, but avoid trailing off on a tangent!

Don't panic, head up, sit up straight and look them in the eye as this will show confidence! Best of luck Jenny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭alwaysone1

off topic (apologies)
    R/Gardai attached to DMR
    anyone need a lift on tuesday? I will be heading from Drogheda area and can take 4.
    pm me>

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Hi All,

Quick Q, registered interest on publicjobs.ie. got a notification about recruitment again for reserves. Clicked all the relevant boxes and havent heard anything....

What is usually the next step there?

Thanks All.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭itsallgood

hey, are there many people in here waiting for call to start full time training.
    Ive been waiting with everything done and am contemplating applying for reserves, how long does it take to complete everything and does it make it quicker that background checks, medical in all done or do you have to got through it all again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

itsallgood wrote: »
    hey, are there many people in here waiting for call to start full time training.
    Ive been waiting with everything done and am contemplating applying for reserves, how long does it take to complete everything and does it make it quicker that background checks, medical in all done or do you have to got through it all again?

No harm in applying, but you will have to go through everything. I had the medical done for the Reserves and had to do it again for the full time, background checks might be quicker alright.
    But I say you'll be well started in Templemore before the call for the Reserves come and especially to get anything beneficial out of it.
    But again, no harm in applying

Thanks for that, the way things are going I wouldn't be too hopeful of a call anytime soon for Templemore.
    Do you just register your interest on Boards.ie and wait for them to get in touch?

Do you just register your interest on Boards.ie and wait for them to get in touch?

Publicjobs.ie

Too much time on boards :p

Thanks for that, the way things are going I wouldn't be too hopeful of a call anytime soon for Templemore.

Ah shouldn't be much longer.

Publicjobs.ie

Too much time on boards :p

That too even.......cheers
    Going slightly mad waiting:D

hey every one .phase 1 Friday anyone on this get a call for it ,im from cork myself so was just wondering is there many from cork heading up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 johnpaul6

just wondering did anybody ever get into the reserve ho did not complete there leaving cert ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

johnpaul6 wrote: »
    just wondering did anybody ever get into the reserve ho did not complete there leaving cert ?

Yes, but they met the educational standards set out on garda.ie website.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

...which can be found here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

johnpaul6 wrote: »

yes there is people in the reserve who did not do there leavin but this is in special circumstances you may apply for and exemption from the leaving but it is up to HQ whether you get it.... Generally its older people who do not have the leavin done and apply

Advertisement