Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMX 19 90 - Ever wanted to play a fast tank?

• 04-02-2012 2:12pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, this is the most OP tank to date that I've played. Top speed? 60+, gets there almost as fast as a T50-2. Damage? Punishes a Tiger 2 or E75 with out problem. Did I mention <2.5s reload time (for up 6 shells)? Did I mention over 1k health (i.e. can take multiple heavy hits and keep on going)? Did I mention you being able to get through and kill any arty on any map short of El Haluf pretty much on your own?

In short, if you ever liked playing a medium you need to take the AMX 19 90 fully upgraded for a spin; it will put a smile on your face with the speed, damage and utter OP silliness you can put it through :P

This is an example game, note that the JT was soloed and exp is not doubled (normal game).
    amx1990.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Pfft Noob :D

Lostirishguy (15:38:02)
    Victory! Battle: Steppes 25 January 2012 15:28:07
    Vehicle: AMX 13 90
    Experience received: 2,697
    Credits received: 57,441
    Battle Achievements: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter

:D
    sorry only messin :P good game , its an awesome tank
    but ya it'l definatly be getting a nerf prob to mobility and view range i'd say because it trounces the T-50-2 and they've already said that's being nerfed , stock lorraine on the otherhand .... that needs major love

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

most op tank in game, as are most of the higher tier french tanks.

every game in my patton i come up aginst a french equivalent, only to be killed before i get a second shot off, fookin joke

copeyhagen wrote: »
    most op tank in game, as are most of the higher tier french tanks.

every game in my patton i come up aginst a french equivalent, only to be killed before i get a second shot off, fookin joke

Use HE shells , every single one will pen and do massive module/crew damage !
    Well it was the case untill i threw a spall liner on mine :pac: Not many ppl do that I would say though

good idea, except that normally they appear beside me in a city map or whatever, game over :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Use HE shells , every single one will pen and do massive module/crew damage !
    Well it was the case untill i threw a spall liner on mine :pac: Not many ppl do that I would say though
    To be fair they a Patton should only get off one, maybe two shells before it's dead and/or the AMX is moving away again. I know I've pissed of T9 mediums that way at least :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Got my 13 90 the other day and got it fully upgraded in a few hours. It's a great little tank to play not only because it is a decent tank but the fun factor that comes with it :) I would recommend it to anyone bored of the grind like I was.

Thoroughly enjoying playing this tank :D even when with the hopeless teams that you get far to often

the way they have implemented the french tanks is stupid imo.

dare i say its possibly ruined the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

the way they have implemented the french tanks is stupid imo.

dare i say its possibly ruined the game.
    Nah, the french tanks are fine but you have to plan for them by going in groups rather then solo charges or expect to take punishment accordingly. It is the same as arty; you have to play to the fact they are there and certain tactics become more risky due to it but they are far from impossible to deal with as they are utter glass cannons.

Victory!
    Battle: Prokhorovka 09 February 2012 13:43:25
    Vehicle: Lorraine 40 t
    Experience received: 2,278 (x2 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 31,575
    Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

I got steel wall in a lorraine :D A tier 8 battle with 40 mm armour :D

This game was... Madness!!
    World%20Of%20Tanks-02-21-2012%200-23-17.jpg

(Sry for bad img quality had to shrink it, was a bit big)

• Advertisement

would really hate to have been in the lorry for that match :p , reckon ye won though ya ? no way all those AMXs survived long

Nope we lost.. Rushed the valley wiped out an is4 and the arty almost capped when 2 13 90s and an is3 showed up

got my patton full upgraded the other day, and i still have about 80k xp to be converted to free xp.

gonna sue this to skip a few tanks in the french and try and get up near the 13 90. think i had unlocked up to tier 4 already

I think you should just skip the amx 40 outright and use free exp on the 12t's modules as it really sucks stock but theres no need to skip the 13 75 its a good tank and save your free xp for taking the grind out of the lorraine

I agree with lost on this one. The 13 75 is a good tank the 13 90 is an amazing tank and the lorry without the engine is.. well slow and cumbersome. It only really gets good once you got the first engine and the 100mm (well the 90mm is ok as well). I have the second engine and honestly don't think it's worth getting the last one.

I'm a bit annoyed the engines don't carry over better honestly :/

I'm due to upgrade to the Lorraine (10k exp away) and now I need to redo all engines again.

Nody wrote: »
    I'm a bit annoyed the engines don't carry over better honestly :/

I'm due to upgrade to the Lorraine (10k exp away) and now I need to redo all engines again.

Compared to the size difference if the tanks you can see why they would use different engines, but yes major pain in the arse. Unless your really really enjoying the lorry its not worth getting the last engine as they don't carry over to the BatChat...

phil3995 wrote: »
    Compared to the size difference if the tanks you can see why they would use different engines, but yes major pain in the arse. Unless your really really enjoying the lorry its not worth getting the last engine as they don't carry over to the BatChat...
    Well from what I read there are two routes; engine 1 only, BatChat or top engine to make the Lorry nippy and reasonbly fast; I'm not sure which one I'll end up doing yet.

if you check the future french tree theres a few more lorraine tanks I think so they might use the engines ? i'm going to give the last one a skip aswell I think , i've the exp to unlock it , but I dont see it making a huge difference in gameplay

think ill do as advised.
    tempted to buy gold this evening and jump in.
    im not grinding anything else other than last couple thousand for my is7, last few for gwp and last few for obj212.

• Advertisement

think ill do as advised.
    tempted to buy gold this evening and jump in.
    im not grinding anything else other than last couple thousand for my is7, last few for gwp and last few for obj212.
    I'd do it Copey; the French light really bring back a smile to jaded players such as myself and I think you'll enjoy them (they are utterly silly and fun, a big gun taped on a paper box with a rocket engine at the back).

sounds like serious fun. and looks it aswell.

Good news, a fully upgraded Batchat goes at same speed as a fully upgraded AMX 13 90 and carries a bigger gun with a faster reload...

Advertisement