Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst area in dublin?

• 29-03-2005 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Debyaka

What do you think is the biggest dump of an area in dublin??

Now both the southside and northside have their fair share of dodgy areas, so be more specific!!!
    I think Dolphin's Barn is one dodgy kip and thats right up there with Oliver Bond Flats and O'Devaney gardens..

Now i know there is decent people in every area blah blah blah.. But be honest!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Worst I've come across is Inchicore, on a match night though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

boards.ie after midnight can be quite rough !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Debyaka

boards.ie after midnight can be quite rough !

JEASUS that is probably the saddest thing i have ever heard anybody say!!
    Get out of here you sad freak!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

summerhill? darndale?

Debyaka wrote:
    JEASUS that is probably the saddest thing i have ever heard anybody say!!
    Get out of here you sad freak!!

LOL :D

Where are you from your lordship ?

• Advertisement

summerhill? darndale?

Yea that darndale place is a rough auld kip alright!!
    Is that the place where chavs threw burning timber at petrol trucks?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

lived in finglas for a year, and its awful. the house kept getting egged, people tried to break into it a few times, a stolen car was crashed into the wall, joyriders around the estate every night, the house overlooked scribblestown lane, which is "murder alley" up there.couldnt really go around after dark, even though it was half a mile to the bus stop. dodgy dodgy characters around the place as well.i hated every second of living there...then i moved to Ballybough!!!the scum from summerhill mugging my mates

LOL :D

Where are you from your lordship ?

This is not a thread to ask people where they are from, its just to ask what areas you think are bad!!
    Saying boards.ie is sad man, sad..

Nightwish wrote:
    lived in finglas for a year, and its awful. the house kept getting egged, people tried to break into it a few times, a stolen car was crashed into the wall, joyriders around the estate every night, the house overlooked scribblestown lane, which is "murder alley" up there.couldnt really go around after dark, even though it was half a mile to the bus stop. dodgy dodgy characters around the place as well.i hated every second of living there...then i moved to Ballybough!!!the scum from summerhill mugging my mates

Jeasus mate you should have asked somebody from dublin to give you advice on where to get a place!
    You picked two right dumps by the sounds of things..
    Move to cabra the rent is cheap there its near town and phibsboro and its not as rough as it used to be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Nightwish wrote:
    lived in finglas for a year, and its awful. the house overlooked scribblestown lane, which is "murder alley" up there.

Valley Park I take it? Its gotten worse since you left I tell you, sure if you check the hearld tonight, a few inocent people got shot by accident sunday with a sawn off shot gun. The place is a right kip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

some parts of finglas, ballymun, corduff area, parts of tallaght, bits of donaghmede. to be honest, and maybe a bit contraversial, most areas with high density of counsil housing are rough areas. i know not everyone living in X is a scumbag, but the highest proportions are in these areas.

Debyaka wrote:
    Saying boards.ie is sad man, sad..

It wasn't sad it was sarcastic !
    Debyaka wrote:
    This is not a thread to ask people where they are from, its just to ask what areas you think are bad!!

But would you not agree that in these "bad areas" there are ppl reading this thread from those areas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Ballsbridge is pretty dangerous

Slunk wrote:
    Valley Park I take it? Its gotten worse since you left I tell you, sure if you check the hearld tonight, a few inocent people got shot by accident sunday with a sawn off shot gun. The place is a right kip.

I know somebody who lived in kipure appropriate name that!!

How can somebody get shot by accident with a sawn off?? madness!! I drive through valley park a fair bit, its mad alright but at least the horses are gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Debyaka wrote:
    What do you think is the biggest dump of an area in dublin??

Difficult question. I'd have to go for the area between Donaghmede on the north and Dalkey on the south. I know that's pretty specific, but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

lived on ratoath rd. it was the only place i could afford to live, and the only place i could get qiuckly-i had autumn college repeats which meant i only had a week between finding a place to live and starting college. I was aware it was dodgy but couldnt believe it when i saw it. i now, thankfully live in a relatively safe area of Dublin, thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Debyaka wrote:
    Yea that darndale place is a rough auld kip alright!!
    Is that the place where chavs threw burning timber at petrol trucks?!?

I'm not anti-UK but I hate that recent Brit invented word: Chav.
    Why don't you use knacker or scumbag, those words have served us well for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Debyaka wrote:
    How can somebody get shot by accident with a swan off??

There was a bit of a struggle between two people and the gun went off, its all inthe herald tonight. Was on Rathoath road, where the person above just moved off. Nice move :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Poplar Row and Temple Street are pretty nice late at night too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the area inside the city limits.
    a few miles outside it too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

drumcondra, its a fúcking hole.

Phil_321 wrote:
    I'm not anti-UK but I hate that recent Brit invented word: Chav.
    Why don't you use knacker or scumbag, those words have served us well for years.

I heard chav years ago bud!!
    I think scumbag is a good one aswell, i just like abit of variation!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Aye Ballymun is a kip....It's not as bad now that some of the tower blocks are gone tbh.....

Pyr0 wrote:
    Aye Ballymun is a kip....It's not as bad now that some of the tower blocks are gone tbh.....

yea the towers have come down but there was a load of scumbags out there that are gonna be piled into other areas now..

Wow no one's mentioned Ballyfermot. I feel posh now. Well, at least average anyway.

What?? about where i'm from?? What difference does it make to this thread,
    And if it really matters i'm from castleknock and i'm not a posh tunt either!!

Kenny007 wrote:
    Wow no one's mentioned Ballyfermot. I feel posh now. Well, at least average anyway.

Ah ballyfermot is alright man, Most of the people are sound there, the only thing is the scummers are extra nasty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

From Howth down to Tallaght and everything in between.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    From Howth down to Tallaght and everything in between.

Typical pighead trying to stir the ****!!
    So you live in a dump then yea?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement