Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left old job/Started new job/New conditions after signing a contract...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

But she's not trying to practise as a psychologist here- - the job is for a social care worker! The type of job which until fairly recently required no qualification at all, according to what people tell me.

That wasn't clear to me. Really what is needed is an assessment by QQI as to what modules the OPs wife is exempt from, and for her to make up the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

We went to an employment lawyer.
    By his words - we have case of a clear breach of contract.
    He said the way the company have dealt with my wife's situation was totally wrong and unacceptable.
    We have now sent them a letter to inform them about our opinion regrading the issue and see what they will respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

peposhi wrote: »
    We went to an employment lawyer.
    By his words - we have case of a clear breach of contract.
    He said the way the company have dealt with my wife's situation was totally wrong and unacceptable.
    We have now sent them a letter to inform them about our opinion regrading the issue and see what they will respond.

Is is possible that they withdrew the offer and made up an excuse because your wife is pregnant? It does happen, unfortunately. The reason sounds like an excuse to me.

Advertisement