Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

File Copy Query

Options
  • 27-01-2015 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have 2 fileservers, A and B. B is supposed to be a clone of A on new hardware.

A is in read only mode, B is live.

It's gone live but it appears we had a permissions issue and while all file names and permissions have been created on B, a large amount of the files are showing a size of 0kb.

But, users have written to some files on B.

So, as I see it, my options are (i) to copy all files from A to B again but I'd need a switch that would only overwrite files on B with a size of 0kb.
    (ii) Do a big copy and paste and tell the users to suck it up.
    (iii) Do a copy that would exclude overwriting files that have been modified since Sunday.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I think I might've answered my own question, robocopy with /e /xo I think will work.

Advertisement