Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom's New Television Service

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I see Eircom have large ads in today's newspapers promoting the forthcoming TV service, which they say will launch in September this year, as part of a quad play - phone, broadband, mobile and tv. I assume this new tv service will only be available if you live in one of the areas where Eircom have installed fibre ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eircom have been promising some form of TV on a Telephone Wire since the late 1990s ....just after eircom SOLD THEIR CABLE NETWORK TO NTL!!!

They have conducted myriad IPTV or TVoCopper trials since. Today, 15 years later, they are telling they Sindo that they can launch this IPTV or TVoCopper as soon as September 2013.
    "quad play" offer due in September.

The forurth bit of the Quad is TV, they already offer data/voice/mobile packabges. How very organised seeing as they announced their pilot scheme ( INCLUDING TV) in mid 2010. Does it take 3 years to configure a head end????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

wouldnt hold your breath waiting for it if its anything to go by the survey I did last month. It had 30 channels in it with 50mb broadband and offpeak calls and line rental for 60euro. all the channels were free to air except sky1 and sky 2 with the option of 5 extra hd channels for 3 euro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

will it will be called eircom vision like bt vision in the uk

then in 2020 eircom will go head to toe with sky tv for the irish eng premier football rights
    eircom had over 10 years before saorview was set up
    timing is too late

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Hysterically funny. I first saw eircom's trial on demand TV service in 1989 I think it was. Closed user trial group.

I then toured their state of the art studio and production company "docomo" I think it was called in 1998, all with grand plans to broadcast IP TV. They sank millions into it.

So after quarter of a decade, here it is.

Oh eircom, you funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Isn't DoCoMo a major Japanese mobile phone operator. - http://www.nttdocomo.com/

So's eMobile :)http://emobile.jp/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

This thread was started in 2011 and we still dont know what channels they are offering!!! :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

This thread was started in 2011 and we still dont know what channels they are offering!!! :mad:

Indeed. Given that we don't drag up old threads, it might be best to see if they ever launch a service.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement