Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Wanted Superthread (Only ad thread - Read post before posting) Updated 14/01/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Hi,

Looking to get some pricing for a fairly simple site, is there anyone interested in talking ?

TNX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

cheap website need developing. I have hosting. I have the site with a basic frontpage I threw up. I can even do a bit of html dev myself and maintain, but I just dont have time to do the initial work that I know someone caould knock up quite quickly.

3 or 4 pages. Front page, enquiry form, maybe 1 for photos integrated with flickr, maybe one with a music player. I can build anything else on top of that once I get the master release.

very small budget. Ive around 120-130e. Ive ripped a load of templates down but none seem to be what Id like (ie the free ones are ****e and even the "premium" ones annoy me even though I didnt take them down) so Id probably need to tell someone what I want, theres a few sites with features I like so can just point whoever at them and if it cant be done within the price then no bother.
    As always, pm me if interested.

thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Not sure if this is the right place so bear with me

I’m looking to develop a site. I’m a total beginner but I have an idea of what I want.

How it looks is not important at the moment. Its the functionality that I want at the moment. The home page would you be an information page with past projects, contact details general info. There would also be a request page were people can send requests looking for whatever they require.

In a “restricted” client area I am looking for the following

• Forums
    • File storage for hosting documents stuff like that but must work like a networked computer (fttp maybe? small starting off but the ability to increase – someone mentioned cloud computing?)
    • Domain specific email address that work with both ms office and mobile phones

Cost has to be as small as possible. Free if possible! Would even like a demo site to start off with the show case the idea

Can something like this be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

We need to get some design work done for a new Magento-based e-commerce site.
    We're looking for someone with previous e-commerce design experience, some familiarity with Magento would be a plus.

We only need the front-end design, we'll be looking after the Magento setup ourselves.

This may be partly fund by a grant, under the terms of which we can only deal with registered businesses.

If interested, PM me with some info about your background and I'll send on more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lou044

Hi I am looking for a graphioc designer to give me some lessons in Adobe InDesignin October/November. The ideal candidtae would be from Galway/willing to meet in Galway.

Pay is negotiable.

PM me for further details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Guys I need someone with a bit of experience to help me with bulk uploads to a zen cart site. If you have experience using easy populate or something similar I'd be a happy camper ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

I want to build a site and forum for an on-line sport club. I have registered a few domain names with G0-Daddy already. The site will be sponsered by suppliers to the sport. The forum is the most inportant part of the site and will be driven by members. The sport is not catered for here on boards at the moment.
    Once built it needs to be easliy managed by admins and mods, security is very important.
    Any body interested in putting this together for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

Hi,I want to get a logo designed as I would not know how to go about doing it.I can't offer much maybe about 10euro via paypal but I don't want anything to big.The sites name is GizmoWow and I would like it to be blue.If you want further info please PM me.

Thanks,
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'm currently putting together a charity initiative for Barnardos (with their blessing). I need a logo designed so I can use it on FB, Twitter etc.

I have (what I think is) a half-decent concept in my head. I either need someone to rattle together a professional version of my idea, or to tell me it's terrible and come up with a better idea.

It's a very simple logo tbh.

I am taking absolutely no money from this venture, and I can offer no money for the service - anything and everything earned by this initiative will go directly to Barnardos. Any work done for the initiative will have to be pro bono.

I will credit you on FB/Twitter etc for the design and include a link to your website or whatever you want. You can use it in your portfolio etc.

The logo will have to become property of the charity initiative to be used as and where required, without any claim to royalties or copyright by the designer.

Apologies that I felt the need to spell this all out, but this is the first time I've done something like this and I don't want there being any issues for Barnardos.

PM me if you're interested please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Hi All,
    the company I work for are looking to redevelop their website. it is looking like a total redevelopemnt from the ground up.

the business is involded in the motor industry and privde the following services: sales, service, hire, parts sales etc.

we are looking to develop a new site that will encompass pages for all of the above services:

I.e. Parts sales online
    View Vehicles for sale
    Hire Vehicles online
    Book services online
    Special offers
    Newsletters etc
    Ability to recieve payments on account

Full CMS and Back end to allow the company to do their own updates etc

We are based in Munster and will need a registered company to do this as it has to go through the books.

If anyone has any recommedations for any comapnies PM me.

thanks

Cushtie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Im looking to get a website built which would allow a main page, forum and sale section.

Have an idea of a few sites I like

total beginner

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get my logo redesigned. The one i have is fairly simple, i'd like to get it re-done if anyone is interested in talking to me.

Cheers

Moggie

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NerfNerder

Hi guys, I've recently graduated from a three year computing degree and have been hunting for work. It is proving very tricky since I don't have any relavent IT experience. I have been considering getting into some free lance work to bulk up my CV, however I am not too sure how to go about this.

I was wondering if anyone else on here is in a similar position and would maybe consider teaming up to work on some projects and gain some experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ITdesigner

Job Title: - Web Designer

Position job reports to: - Web Design Team Lead

Department: - IT Implementation Services

Contract: 3 months +

Salary: Negotiable

Start date: asap

Responsibilities
    Plan, design and deliver website
    Handcode html / css
    Design web pages, emails, phone apps
    Define, develop, and document requirements (user stories) for website features.

Skills
    Hand code html css to W3C standards a must
    strong visual eye
    Must have a strong digital portfolio and creative flair
    Working within a team of designers
    attention to detail
    A current knowledge of new technologies and current trends
    Expert understanding of user interface design and usability principles
    Fluent English
    Experience of Agile/Scrum techniques e.g. user stories, iterative development

get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭shanefitz360

I would like any designers / coders to pm me a rough quote they would charge to undertake this project.

Only a rough idea of what the website should be capable of, so I don't expect a concrete figure. Just looking for something to work on.

The website I have in mind would be something similar to this, except less pages and features. A simple website where there is a 'Home', 'Tournaments', 'Forums', 'About' and 'Contact' page.

A system would need to be in place where users could register, and then create a team to invite other members to join and these teams would then enter the tournaments.

Users should be able to sign their teams up to various tournaments. My site would then generate a bracket system (site could integrate with the 'challonge api' but would rather have my own system in place) and manage the running of the tournament.

PM me if you have any further questions, or reply to this thread if this isn't the best place to be looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

Hi guys,

Basically looking for a quote on getting a website up and running. Only a rough idea of what the website should be capable of, so I don't expect a concrete figure. Just looking for something to work on.

Basically the site is going to be something similar to http://www.hostelworld.com/ in terms of the review functions, profile pages on their various hostels etc. I would also like a forum tab as well as Links, about us etc.
    Also the site would need to have ecommerce capabilities, as I want to eventually sell products on the site within 4 or 5 weeks of going live.

Again just looking for a rough quote, as well as the type of support services offered once the site is live and the costs involved with this

PM me please with quotes or if more info needed etc. I would be hoping the site would be .com also

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭,mnb

My sister is an accupuncturist in Dublin 6W and is looking to set up her own wesbite. It would ideally have her qualifications, price list, a summary of what accupuncture is about, diet advice, contact page. It would be simple but ideally get google hits which is the main thing.
    Anyone interested in doing the job for under €300 ideally pm me. She might also be willing to do free treatments in return if that suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lpm

Looking at have getting two websites designed and maybe a logo. We are a small building company 3/4 people who carry out day today repairs for property management companies with regards to elec/carpentry/ pluming etc. We are also looking at setting up a sister company that will specialize in attic conversions/extension and small one off house builds. The brief for the websites is simple enough, to give us a professional online presence with who we are/what we do/what we have done/ and how to find & contact us and anything else you feel may be important. From doing a bit of reading, wrong or right I believe that search engine optimization is an on going thing where you need to tweak your site to keep it up there at the top. IF so would like to be given the basics to enable us to make changes when needed.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Hi All,

I'm looking to get my logo wrapped up for bikes4barnardos asap so I can move the whole thing forward. I need a little help.

It's a charity initiative for Barnardos (with their blessing). I need a logo created so I can use it on FB, Twitter etc.

I am taking absolutely no money from this venture, and I can offer no money for the service - anything and everything earned by this initiative will go directly to Barnardos. Any work done for the initiative will have to be pro bono.

I will credit you on FB/Twitter etc for the design and include a link to your website or whatever you want. You can use it in your portfolio etc.

The logo will have to become property of the charity initiative to be used as and where required, without any claim to royalties or copyright by the designer.

PM me if you're interested or feel free to email me a "finished product" to bikes4barnardos@gmail.com please! :D

I've attached a fairly detailed spec in Word, let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks!

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ori

hi there,

I am in need of a new look for my site, quickfindgifts.ie I had a webdesigner friend do it last year. I would like a new design that would be more customer friendly. It was done on joomla as i wanted to be able to control the shop part, I would like you to be really creative with the design and give it a new rejazzed look, one which would stand out and be very easy for the customer to navigate through and hopefully entice them to buy from my online shop. It shouldnt take long. Also any help with SEO expertise would come greatly appreciated. Please contact me and we will talk further on this,
    thanks,
    Orla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Hi, Please pm me a quote for

Getting contact form working on existing html/css contact page of site and add file upload feature and also random security code!

Tks

built into this page http://www.kriesi.at/demos/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭fudgez

Hello Guys,
    Looking to have my site redesigned. I am currently using Wordpress as CMS but im not happy with the customization it offers. I would like to have something in the style of the Arras theme which I am currently using but much more personal. I have got a logo designed and would like it to be in keeping with that style the site is http://www.fudgez.net and you the banner I have on that site is the "style" I would like the site to be in.
    I am willing to compensate for the work please PM me with any ideas or quotes you have.

Much Love
    Fudge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Required for exciting project. Candidate must be experienced professional (references will be be required) with strong technical and graphic competencies, ideally based in Dublin area. PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Hey folks,
    We are a web development firm located in Cork and we are currently looking for a new freelance designer. Someone who will work from home and who will charge by the job. 90% of the work will be designing websites which will then be sent to me in the appropriate image format and I can take it from there, but occasionally may be tasked with other graphic design jobs (logos, business cards, etc).

If you are interested, send me a PM with links to examples of some of your work and a rough idea of your rates (You will typically be required to produce designs of 1-2 pages, which may require a few small revisions etc).

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

need 3d computer generated images of a chair will pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Removed a few posts.

Again, as per the first post, all discussion regarding an ad is to be done via PM, and not on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 damiendar

Im looking to have a site built something like this... slider for 5 images or so that allows text summary plus read more links . posts in grid form side by side that have read more links ... basically a newspaper theme .. site will be on wordpress .... if interested I can give links to what im after if the above is not clear PM me please...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Alpha Design (www.alphadesign.ie) are currently recruiting for a talented designer with a creative touch and who can do work in both Web & Graphics. Experience is essential. This position is a freelance position, so you can work from home.

Please email your CVs and design portfolio to kevin@alphadesign.ie.

www.alphadesign.ie
    kevin@alphadesign.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 PaulyB63

Hi All,

I am looking for an experienced magento developer for an ecommerce site I am setting up.

The turnaround time on this is pretty urgent.

Please pm if interested or let me know if there is anybody you have used and would recommend.

Thanks a million

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lazy1

Hi Guys,
    I have to be a little vague about exactly what i want here at the moment because it is the basis for a new business idea,so please bear with me.

I need to create a software package that can view live video footage, recognise specific items and compile results based on the activity. There may be packages out there that i am not aware of that will do something similar but i want to create something unique which combined with some hardware would become the final product. Can pay for once off job or ideally would like to work with someone on an ongoing basis with a view to developing the product.

Apologies again for not being clearer but will discuss in more detail with someone who thinks they can help.

Advertisement