Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hailo Driver App: Massive Data Use

• 22-11-2014 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Hi all...

Father in law showed me his phone today as he has been getting daily texts from Meteor about exceeding his data limit.

I checked out his usage and the Hailo Driver app has used 28gb of data since November 1st. 23gb of that is background use by the app.

This seems extremely high to me. Has anyone any thoughts about this or experience of it?

Thanks.

Ronan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Ronan H wrote: »
    Hi all...

Father in law showed me his phone today as he has been getting daily texts from Meteor about exceeding his data limit.

I checked out his usage and the Hailo Driver app has used 28gb of data since November 1st. 23gb of that is background use by the app.

This seems extremely high to me. Has anyone any thoughts about this or experience of it?

Thanks.

Ronan

Does he leave it on for 12-16 hours a day while at home in case he gets a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Does he leave it on for 12-16 hours a day while at home in case he gets a job?

Not sure Spook. If it is on, it's probably not by choice, as in he may not shut it down properly when signing off. He only taxis part time too so I doubt it's from on the road use. I'll check.

I can't find anything online about it, in fact there's damn all forum activity anywhere about the app which is unusual.

Still seems excessive even if left on I think. Surely there is not that much data passed through it on a daily basis to accumulate that amount of use.

Thanks.

Advertisement