Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead Season 5 (WILL contain spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Spoilers ahoy, don't be reading it if you don't wanna be spoilered for this week's episode

Yeah that was stupid, seen it coming a mile off too..

Still the one "good" cop according to the new skinny hospital guy turns out to be a sneaky SoaB - tbh i thought she'd go through that window, it didnt look that sturdy

I have a sneaky suspicion that Beth is gonna die soon, something about how she said that she wanted a comatose Carol to know she was there.

Carol better pull through!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

yep i have to agree i think beth is toast...IMHO. i hope carol isnt but i cant see her walking out of a hospital with her injuries...so maybe she is toast also...but apparently she has been acting in the second half but that could just be flashbacks i guess...

there is this disturbing story however

http://io9.com/the-walking-dead-midseason-finale-made-daryl-cry-for-an-1661805360/all

now i know actors get all emotional...but an hour...UNLESS the unthinkable happens...they wouldn't do that...would they? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

My bet is on Carol or Beth.

Sad to see either of them leave the show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I would have gladly killed them both off at the start of the season

Carol has redeemed herself somewhat after Terminus though, so I'll be happy if Beth gets violently torn to pieces by walkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Either Carol or Beth dying is so predictable that I'm clinging on to the hope that they won't kill anyone just to surprise us.

• Advertisement

Mod previous post removed (potential next season spoiler):

I really feel like stuff like that should be tagged as future spoilers. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

What with Carol's history of being a victim of abuse, and the cop-woman-whose-name-I-forget's tendency to lash out, I was expecting there to be some sort of confrontation between the two of them, in which they both die. It just seemed to be going that way with the shelter for abuse victims etc and the general trend of TV characters having to face their past at some point.

Don't see things panning out that way now that it looks like everything's going to get shot to hell! Except for the dying part, maybe.

Beth has grown on me though, I'd miss her I think, now that she's toughened up and doesn't sing irritating songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Carol dies, turns and bites Beth and Daryl has to shoot them both :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I had tears in my eyes, however it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, kind of knew it had to be Beth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Is this actually what happens?

• Advertisement

what Evd said yeah

midseason end.. looks like it was just skinny Noah that went with the group too

Aww ****. I'm so sad.

That was seriously stupid on Beths part wasn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

It sure was, they could have done it better.

Yeah,

I just don't understand what she was thinking. Also, what did she mean by she now understands how things are done around here.

Having a ward was essentially having a slave - they could earn their freedom when they'd paid back their 'hospital and food bill' which was never. The cops were living in relative luxury, while the wards were treated like crap by them. A vicious circle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Rick becomes 95% shane in the car...loved it...

glad to see carol is still there...and daryl, i really though he was going to go full ak47 auto on the lot of them at one point...

poor maggie is the last of her clan now...

the driving by abraham, hahaha, classic...HE IS BACK!!!

as for morgan -- again it looks as if he is a few weeks behind, the magazines at the school were more worn looking, the leg was gone....i am guessing they are all still heading to DC? otherwise he is in deep crap.

Dawn said they always come back while looking at Beth. I think Beth interpreted that to mean that either Dawn wasn't going to just let them leave, or at the very least would try to re-kidnap Beth further down the line. That's what I'm going with anyway.

Also, regarding the intro scene. I guess you could say Bob got... Rick-rolled. :cool:

Having a ward was essentially having a slave - they could earn their freedom when they'd paid back their 'hospital and food bill' which was never. The cops were living in relative luxury, while the wards were treated like crap by them. A vicious circle

No, I get that much, but why was she surprised by it is all, saying she figured out how it worked. Then why try and stab with a scissors when Dawn had her gun upwards anyway.

qVMS9UF.gif

Laughed so much at this. Badass Rick is great.

• Advertisement

i think because she knew that Rick's group would leave without interfering after they'd got Beth back and Noah decided it was too much trouble to stay with Rick's group. She broke the stalemate by her knowingly futile attack.

This is the same girl who was suicidal on the farm, if she had of went with Rick she'd always carry that burden with her, what if this and that.. and i guess she thought it was the right thing to do for the sake of herself if not for the wards

i think because she knew that Rick's group would leave without interfering after they'd got Beth back and Noah decided it was too much trouble to stay with Rick's group. She broke the stalemate by her knowingly futile attack.

This is the same girl who was suicidal on the farm, if she had of went with Rick she'd always carry that burden with her, what if this and that.. and i guess she thought it was the right thing to do for the sake of herself if not for the wards

But in the end it didn't help anyone did it. Did Noah end up staying or going.
    Also no-one else ended up going, so all she proved was that in fact Dawn was right, people will lie down and take it if its easier. A moot point so to speak

i think Noah went yeah, but it looked like that was it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Just saw it.

Whaaaaa?

And what the f was she thinking..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Well that whole debacle was utter poo. Why bother with that story line. They didn't make the hospital an ominous place or Dawn a bad enough character. The hospital even though the people had to work for their keep wasn't a terrible place at all!!!! They had electricity a doctor and an armed force, who for the most part wanted to protect people from walkers (or why else would the patrol?). Then a weak nod towards freedom / slavery theme and beth for no good reason goes and does that. What did she achieve or what was she hoping to achieve. If nothing else she new a shootout would ensue?! Absolutely ridiculous. The more I think on this the more it annoys me.
    Weak.
    It was shaping up to be a good episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Who was the person in the church in the last scene?

That was Morgan, Rick's friend from season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I assumed Beth stabbed Dawn as if to bring about big change in the hospital. The same way Dawn killed 'Hanson'. I thought she was trying to kill her, but maybe she was trying to make her look weak in front of the rest. Killing her would make more sense.

Rick and Daryls faces tho... pulled on the heartstrings big time.

The thing that was odd to me was that Rick and the gang wouldn't stay. It seems a great set-up and if they could insert themselves into positions of power. Then again, for storyline reasons they have to move on.

Will they stay in or around the city I wonder. It looks like a lot of the walkers have moved out of the city in herds. I'm sure there are still buildings chock-a-block with them though.

VioletAcceptableElephantseal.gif

Right in the feels.

• Advertisement

Brendão wrote: »
    I assumed Beth stabbed Dawn as if to bring about big change in the hospital. The same way Dawn killed 'Hanson'. I thought she was trying to kill her, but maybe she was trying to make her look weak in front of the rest. Killing her would make more sense.

Rick and Daryls faces tho... pulled on the heartstrings big time.

The thing that was odd to me was that Rick and the gang wouldn't stay. It seems a great set-up and if they could insert themselves into positions of power. Then again, for storyline reasons they have to move on.

Will they stay in or around the city I wonder. It looks like a lot of the walkers have moved out of the city in herds. I'm sure there are still buildings chock-a-block with them though.

I think they end up going to Washington anyway. Seeing Morgan come back I would think they will follow the hilltop story.

The more I think of it, I think Beth just wanted to show dawn wasn't as tough as she thought

Advertisement