Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error: could not join server.

• 15-01-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

I get as far as connecting then in fails. I can get into empty servers but struggle getting into near full servers. I've turned off malwarebytes, installed Smart Port Forwarding, updated my punkbuster but nothing works. It's starting to piss me off. I've forked over a lot of money for this game. Anyone have any suggestion to get this working. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

ISP and modem type?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

ISP is http://www.novabroadband.ie/w/

Modem is TP-Link 150M wireless lite N router Model No TL-WR740/TL-WR740ND

Can you post a speedtest result? Preferably to a London IP.

http://www.speedtest.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

This isn't an ISP/speed/connection issue. I've also been getting this quite a bit, but forwarding the ports works most of the time for me. Many other people get it as well by the looks of it.

Can you post a speedtest result? Preferably to a London IP.

http://www.speedtest.net/

3236041257.png

• Advertisement

This isn't an ISP/speed/connection issue. I've also been getting this quite a bit, but forwarding the ports works most of the time for me. Many other people get it as well by the looks of it.

I tried Smart Port Forwarding (ran as Aministrator) but it didn't work:( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMB4FTqziqw

It would appear MajesticDonkey is correct, you need to forward port 3659 on both TCP and UDP to get your client to work. I think that says more about your router then it does BF4.

I forwarded ports both on TCP and UDP manually and it still doesn't work. If the server is not full I can get into it though, like at 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

starting to get this error trying to get in to about half of the servers the last few days, it was not there before the patch, alot of in game sound and random glitches happening now which were not there before too.

edit: each game i have tried in the past 15 mins came up with the same error, must be an issue dices/ea's end

I forwarded ports both on TCP and UDP manually and it still doesn't work. If the server is not full I can get into it though, like at 8am.

Can you bypass the router, give your pc the same IP as the wan on your router and test joining a server.

• Advertisement

Can you bypass the router, give your pc the same IP as the wan on your router and test joining a server.

Thanks Cuddlesworth, I'll try that later tonight when the bitches in the house aren't using the net. I just got onto a populated server after a few tries but 5 mins in was disconnected. Freakin annoying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Apparently the new server patches are causing this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

I got similar problem.
    I always had forwarded ports, low ping good connection etc.
    When I choose server (on PS3) it use to be full ping - good connection. But for about a week, I have only 1 bar in ping, all servers show low ping, what is going on? Any advices?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

carti2k wrote: »
    I got similar problem.
    I always had forwarded ports, low ping good connection etc.
    When I choose server (on PS3) it use to be full ping - good connection. But for about a week, I have only 1 bar in ping, all servers show low ping, what is going on? Any advices?

Reset your router in the little pin hole?

Fieldog wrote: »
    Reset your router in the little pin hole?

Already tried, on default settings and on my setting same thing... so it's maybe Battlefield servers issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

carti2k wrote: »
    Already tried, on default settings and on my setting same thing... so it's maybe Battlefield servers issue?

Fine on PS4, haven't got it on PS3 to check it....

That's annoying. I live in Europe and I want to play on european servers with good ping. Last night I tried to play on USA servers and I had full good ping... that's weird.

Advertisement