Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EA Sports UFC - Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

eas-ufc-miesha-tate-1.jpg

eas-ufc-dan-henderson.jpg

eas-ufc-ian-mccall.jpg

eaufc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I was just in Gamestop about 20 mins ago enquirng about a release date for this and they said July 29th!!! I hope thiis is not true!!

John_D80 wrote: »
    I was just in Gamestop about 20 mins ago enquirng about a release date for this and they said July 29th!!! I hope thiis is not true!!

Probably is, Jaysus Spring will be a long one this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Axwell wrote: »

With EA tweeting about a big announcement on Thursday i'd say theres a good chance of that being true.

Also I spotted this.. BkKivXXCEAA6Op8.jpg

Fedor maybe!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Seen that alright, Im hoping for it to be Joe Rogan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Doubt it's Fedor is he is still involved with managed by M1. Igor Vovchanchyn or Rickson are both more likely. But rights would be a nightmare.

But my guess would be Bruce Lee. His daughter manages his estate and has a pretty good relationship with the UFC.

Jaysus imagine it was Bruce Lee!! I don't think a game could pull off his speed tbf, well besides Dragon: The Bruce Lee game :)

I always wondered why Joe wasn't a hidden character in the other games with his spinning back kick as his special move.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Jaysus imagine it was Bruce Lee!! I don't think a game could pull off his speed tbf, well besides Dragon: The Bruce Lee game
    I just realised, if it is him, he'd be a featherweight naturally. So McGregor v Lee would be on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    But my guess would be Bruce Lee. His daughter manages his estate and has a pretty good relationship with the UFC.

This. I'd have never though of Bruce Lee but it makes sense. And it'd be a super addition too!

I wonder what Bruce's spider guard is like :P

• Advertisement

Reading up on it, people are saying that's obviously Aldo in the pic and Lee would be in the same division. Is there another pic or can people seriously tell aldo by his wrist and gloved hand?

Whoever it is, I'm sure will be a Gamestop pre-order bonus.

Which hand are they saying is Aldo? If blue, it can't be as the challenger is always in the blue corner.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Which hand are they saying is Aldo? If blue, it can't be as the challenger is always in the blue corner.

I don't know, people on the official forums saying 'well yeah that's definitely aldo and the other guy seems ripped so could be bruce lee :eek: I was convinced there was another pic going around but can't see any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

peejay1986 wrote: »

can you embed that pic, I can't access the link right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

ufc-4125-2651815.jpg?cb=2014-04-01T14:51:59+0000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

5wlf9g.jpg

That kinda does look like it could be Bruce Lee alright. Plus I'm sure it would pull in a lot of non-mma fans if they found out Bruce Lee was in a new game.

Bruce Lee being in the game would be amazing

I'm guessing it would play exactly like this!

• Advertisement

I now want Chuck Norris as a playable character.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Next clue is:

The fighter will be playable in 4 different weight classes.

Steven Seagal? :pac:

ufc-4125-202315.jpg?cb=2014-03-28T19:31:25+0000

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Steven Seagal? :pac:

Looking more likely than bruce now. I suppose his special move will be the front face kick.

Yep looking like it is Bruce Lee

Could be Manny Pacquiao! He's a four weight champion and has expressed an interest in fighting an mma fight.

Could be Manny Pacquiao! He's a four weight champion and has expressed an interest in fighting an mma fight.

That.. thats not actually a bad call :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Absolutely genius marketing by EA. A friend of mine in work to day who is a fan of neither MMA or games asked me about this 'mystery fighter lark' that he is hearing about. Next time I am passing gamestop I think I might be wise to enquire about pre-ordering.

• Advertisement

Next clue is:

The fighter will be playable in 4 different weight classes.

Hmm, Bruce Lee was around 135-145 at his peak. And apparently 160 at his biggest. So that'd be BW, FW, LW and underside WW (or swap WW for FlyW with a 5lb cut - he'll prob fight up though)
    Manny is an 8 division champion, not 4.
    But might be equal-ish to the 4 lightest MMA divisions

Advertisement