Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Fight Night 70: Machida vs. Romero

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Man, Machida has been my favourite fighter for a long while, it's pretty tough watching him get ko'd like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

JT26 wrote: »
    Good submission by Carlos Junior was a matter of time,totally out grappled Gordon

Truck will be cut now I'd imagine. He may feel slightly aggrieved as he should have been given the decision against Chris Dempsey back in April.

It just goes to show what an impact poor judging decisions can have. 0-3 looks an awful, awful lot worse than 1-2. He'd be guaranteed another fight at 1-2. Now his UFC career is probably done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Romero is one scary dude, vicious KO from the short elbows. MW division is bloody crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Beersmith wrote: »
    Crazy though he has looked like on the small size end of MW but wasnt a tiny LHW. Anyome else find something amiss?

In golf parlance hes between clubs:)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Really impressed by larkin, thought he looked great!

It was hard to watch a legend eat elbows but Romero is a beast...if they could just stop doing post fight interviews he could even become a fan favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

For a big guy, Romero is like a spring. Flying in with kicks and knees and just reset his stance with ease whenever he misjudged them.

Myself and mate usually watch the fights together and stick a few bets on with each other. I had Romero and he had Machida.

Felt Yoel wasn't throwing enough punches but what he did land got through in short little bursts. Very crisp and technical performance.

Those elbows though... So much power from short elbows to KO Machida was brutal.

Sad to see Lyoto lose like that and I really don't know where he can go from here.

I'd love him to come back from this but I don't know if I can watch him take any more punishment like that on Saturday.

Advertisement