Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBerry Playbook Users

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Cookie you are on form :) Thanks for the reply guess I'll be buying kalensoft unless its really expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I think it's 4.99 at present. Let us know how you get on with it as I was considering myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah I'll have a go on the playstation over the weekend hopefully.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Yeah I'll have a go on the playstation over the weekend hopefully.
    There is a free trial!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/25618908/?countrycode=IE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hey Guys

Bit of help, playbook was working fine, had it on hols in Spain and used it on plane till battery died. Since then I cant get it to charge. If I have it plugged in(mind you using a iphone plug on end of blackberry lead) it would sit at red battery but not charging. I rebooted a few times and still didnt change.

now there is no little life it wont boot. When it is off and I plug in cable, get amber light for about 20 secs and then plug icon with green arrow and lighting strike?

Any idea's? I bought in December so still under warrenty

• Advertisement

Leave it plugged into the OEM wall charger over night and see if it jerks it to life. After that if it still isn't back up running bring it back to the store.

The iPhone wall charge is too under powered to power it from flat.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Leave it plugged into the OEM wall charger over night and see if it jerks it to life. After that if it still isn't back up running bring it back to the store.

The iPhone wall charge is too under powered to power it from flat.

I cant remember for the life of me, when you get them do they include a plug to connect the usb cable to?

Big Nelly wrote: »
    I cant remember for the life of me, when you get them do they include a plug to connect the usb cable to?

Sorry just found it

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I've had this before, if the battery goes completely flat it won't take a charge from the USB lead, you have to plug it into the wall socket.

I've had this before, if the battery goes completely flat it won't take a charge from the USB lead, you have to plug it into the wall socket.

I couldnt remember if I just got usb cable or plug, found it with the other 200 power cables/adapters I have collected over the years.....need to keep it out now:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

Don't know if anyone has been following this but was hoping we might get BB10 but its been made official that its not coming to the playbook.
    Today on the quarterly conference call, BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins announced that BlackBerry 10 would not be coming to the PlayBook as previously expected

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-announces-bb10-not-coming-playbook

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

F**K.

I know man. Had my hopes up for native sykpe/netflix apps. Looks like we're screwed on that front.
    BB really were stringing people along with the 'no comment' for months.

Ye. But it looks like in that time they were giving it a go, and in the end, they just couldnt get the performance up to scratch.

The only hope we have now is if someone manages to get the Developer build working on the PlayBook. There's already people on the Crackberry forums that are working on it and have made some progress.
    However, if they remove the Playbook resolution support in 10.2, then we're screwed.

I have a Nexus 7 that does me for most things, but I genuinely still think that the playbook is better to watch films/tv episodes on, and to use in general (with the exception of the stuff like skype that isnt available). It'd be a shame to let it go to waste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

All i want is skype on my playbook :(

I have a Q10 and I'm probably one of the only people who are glad that the PB won't be getting BB10. I don't think it would suit it.

Its not the UI that I really wanted but access to the BB10 app store. The hardware is great but its lacking in the app department.

Yep. Its literally just the app store access I wanted on my PB. Could keep the exact same UI for all I care.

Are there particular apps you're looking for?

No, im sick of converting APKs to BARs though. I suppose its more about the choice.

Also, I write apps and have a few on the Playbook that get no downloads since its pretty much dead.
    I'd like to be able to write apps for BB10 and test them on a device instead of using the emulator, since its too slow.

So the PB not getting BB10 means I dont get a choice of all the new apps, and I also wont write apps for the playbook coz its pointless pretty much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Our PlayBooks are dead folks. The only saving grace was that I didn't pay full price for the one I got and it hadn't been announced at the time that it was 'supposed' to get BB10.

Not happy with the porky pies from BlackBerry on this one. Was it all just a ploy to shift the warehouse full stock of PlayBooks?

Anyway I hope some small updates come. Or at the very least bring back the full Bridge functionality I had with my 9900. The Bridge with my Z10 now just doesn't cut it.

Now when is the iPad Mini 2 due to be released? .....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dod78

Have tried to sideload a couple of Apps onto my playbook. Kindle and Viber.. When I go into the app then it just keeps crashing. Any ideas what I am doing wrong

You could try rebooting the device to see if that helps. The other problem is that you might need a slightly older version of these to work on your playbook.

Is there any really good Android apps that are worth side-loading? I barely use mine anymore. I've done a few but got sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

There's an update coming down for my playbook! what's this about?

It seems to be a maintenance update (particularly for flash). I haven't noticed anything new as of yet but good to see updates coming still.

Actually to be honest I've found many things a little zippier. Certainly typing is faster and the android player seems to be a little quicker at loading. All good from this end anyway.

Interesting stuff. I wonder is there a full changelog on crackberry or somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭fish fingers

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Actually to be honest I've found many things a little zippier. Certainly typing is faster and the android player seems to be a little quicker at loading. All good from this end anyway.

What's the android player?
    Edit: I just googled it.

• Advertisement

Yep, after a few days of use the new OS is definitely snappier as is the Android player. Nice to see the support continuing. Would love to see some future updates too even though no BB10.

Advertisement